It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen. Ted Cruz ;21 hours of dribble , fell on death ears.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
yep 21 hours of non stop dribble to put a stop on Obama care fell on deaf ears, no shut down yet, marathon speech by Sen. Ted Cruz that did little to slow or affect that vote's outcome. nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com... from the link in part

Senate votes to move ahead with bill to keep government funded
By Michael O'Brien, Political Reporter, NBC News
The Senate voted Wednesday to take up the legislation to keep the government open past Sept. 30 following a marathon speech by Sen. Ted Cruz that did little to slow or affect that vote's outcome.

Though the freshman senator from Texas spent more than 21 hours on his feet speaking throughout the night to urge colleagues against voting to take up House-passed spending legislation, the Senate did just the opposite. The chamber will next hold a series of votes to approve its own version of the bill and send it back to the House.
It's now a race against the clock for Congress to figure out a workable solution before the end of Monday, after which all but the most essential government services would cease. Such a shutdown would have broad economic consequences, along with political implications for both parties.

The Senate voted with unanimity to invoke "cloture" on the motion to proceed -- that is, produce the 60 votes needed to formally take up the legislation and dispatch the threat of a filibuster. Even after hours of haranguing his colleagues to stall action to prevent Democrats from changing the legislation, Cruz voted with every other senator to begin the process of changing it.
This allows the Senate to take up the legislation, and will enable Democrats to eventually strip the defund-

Obamacare measure from the House-passed legislation. That amendment will need to achieve cloture, and Cruz is expected to vote against that.
The bill passed last week by the House would fund the government for an additional two months, but also defund "Obamacare." Cruz had opposed taking up this legislation so that Democrats could not strip the defund-Obamacare measure from the underlying legislation before sending it back to the Republican-controlled House.
Obama care will go on , no shut down of Gov and there will be no end of days for US, the tax man will see to that
edit on bAmerica/Chicagok201325 by bekod because: line edit

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I don't know why I find it so irritating, but the saying is "fell on DEAF ears". DEAF. Just had to say that. Carry on.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

and drivel not dribble.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

If you really look at what Cruz did, you will see that he was not serious about this little act and it was all for show.

Ted Cruz did this in order to try to prevent a vote on a bill that he supports.

Yes, that is illogical...which is why most Senators just left because they didn't want to be part of Cruz's first 2016 campaign event. It was a waste of time and a selfish act.

But hey, he did read Green Eggs And Ham...what a great argument against "Obamacare".

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
You know it really annoys me to no end that MOST of the time I turn on C-SPAN, the chambers are half or more empty. What exactly is it that we elect them to DO when Congress is in session? It makes it simple for them to pick yesterday for their laundry day or pizza day with the family..or whatever Congress people do when they simply don't want to listen to the business it's their job to hear?

I think they ought to be made to sit during open session like that and MADE to listen to their fellows, like Cruz in this case. What's the point otherwise? They openly mock us and laugh in our face when asked to READ something they vote on ...so we know they aren't off reading any bills in their absence. They just don't show up.

Well, hell, why can't I "just not show up" in a course here I know material for..or can bluff like they do...to pass the exam? Funny.. they are awfully demanding about that. They seem to think that because I've signed obligations to take the course, I'm suppose to actually attend it to get the end result.

Wouldn't it be revolutionary to hold Congress to that same standard of showing up, on time, every time and remaining at work for the entire work day...every day? (they only work a short week to start with, and breaks/vacations with airfare paid regularly..this isn't asking that much I think)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Please add your comments to the existing thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

closed

new topics

top topics

join