It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Senate - Vote on Spending & Defunding Health Care Law - Moving Forward

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Well folks, I have been watching C-SPAN since Senator Cruz's filibuster and I have just seen that the sufficient number of votes has been reached to move forward with a bill to defund the Health Care Law.

What Kind of political fallout can we now expect? I heard a lot of democrats threatening what will happen with the government in deadlock.

Did Cruz's presentation strike home?

www.c-span.org...

edit on 25-9-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
This is wonderful news! I don't have cable so have been able to follow as closely as I would like.

I too wonder what is going to come of this...I wanna see that sad sorry look on obama's face while he sings that song from Jack with robin williams

Why is everybody always picking on me.....

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Could it happen? Dare we hope? Perhaps we've all read some of them wrong and they will make a stand that means something?

....or with time left, is this just more of the entertainment and suspense they programmed into this year before a last minute, just in time deal is struck to appear like they saved us all from certain doom?

I hope for the former.. I expect the latter....but we'll see! It's always possible to be surprised, I guess.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You are right, but this bill has gotten further than I ever expected it to get. I never expected it to get out of committee let alone passing the House and now being able to come to a vote in the Senate. Still don't believe it'll pass though.

Man rereading that last paragraph I typed has made me realize, I've become so disillusioned with our politicians that even after many unlikely surprises I STILL can't get my hopes up for them to do the right thing...

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The Majority leader is certainly trying to paint a dark picture of the fall-out as a result of this vote.

I am not sure how the rest of this will unfold.

But right now the Republicans are explaining their rational for voting in support of defunding the Health Care law and actually honoring Senator Cruz.

Future President?

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
And the President will take a pen off of his desk in a heavily press covered room...

AND VETO THE DAMN THING!
Go Constitution Go!

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

Interestingly enough, here is an article to that effect:

The White House promised a veto of a Republican effort to gut President Barack Obama’s health care law that is part of a temporary funding bill in the House to prevent a partial government shutdown on Oct. 1.

The official policy statement issued Thursday said the GOP attempt to block “Obamacare” ‘’advances a narrow ideological agenda that threatens our economy and the interests of the middle class” and would deny “millions of hard-working, middle-class families the security of affordable health coverage.”

The veto threat was expected and wasn’t going to stop House Republicans from pressing their effort to defund the health care law.

Link

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

MDDoxs
reply to post by the owlbear

Interestingly enough, here is an article to that effect:

The White House promised a veto of a Republican effort to gut President Barack Obama’s health care law that is part of a temporary funding bill in the House to prevent a partial government shutdown on Oct. 1.

The official policy statement issued Thursday said the GOP attempt to block “Obamacare” ‘’advances a narrow ideological agenda that threatens our economy and the interests of the middle class” and would deny “millions of hard-working, middle-class families the security of affordable health coverage.”

The veto threat was expected and wasn’t going to stop House Republicans from pressing their effort to defund the health care law.

Link

So...politics as usual

Instead of actually trying to vote on things that have a chance of compromise...just take turns flogging the dead horse and fueling the 24 hour news beast and further dividing the nation.
'Merica...the shining beacon to the world.

And just how much does it cost per minute for these sessions? Probably could have paid for those kids' food stamps instead of rhetoric.

new topics

top topics

join