It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

95 per cent of intelligent people know the new IPCC report is utter drivel

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
This is getting real confusing.

All we keep hearing is one side or the other is right, all by self proclamations.

It seems the facts keep getting rearranged in favor of one side or the other.

We have whole regiments of mad scientist experts arguing with each other.

The only thing in common is the money.

Both sides are well funded.

Both sides make money from the rhetorical diatribes.

What exactly *IS* the problem anyway ?

95 per cent of intelligent people know the new IPCC report is utter drivel

Experts 95 per cent certain 'humans are responsible for global warming'.

Well, of course they are. If there is one overriding prerequisite of every new IPCC Assessment report, it's to sound even more scary and urgent and certain than its predecessor.

Professor Bob Carter noted this progression in his excellent book Climate: the Counter Consensus:

First Assessment Report (1990) – "The observed [twentieth century] temperature increase could be largely due…to natural variability."

Second Assessment Report (1996) – "The balance of the evidence suggests a discernible human influence on climate."

Third Assessment Report (2001) – "There is new and stronger evidence that most of the warming observed over the last fifty years is attributable to human activities."

Fourth Assessment Report (2007) – "Most of the observed increase in globally averaged temperature since the mid-twentieth century is very likely [= 90 per cent probable] due to the observed increase in anthropogenic greenhouse gas concentrations."

Source #1

Money and Crisis scenario management = ??

Crisis scenarios are the means by which dictators justify control. The most often cited example is Hitler’s “Enabling Act” in the wake of the Reichstag Fire. Another example is the “Patriot Act” in the aftermath of 9/11. Globalist organizations, behind the usual façade of the most idealistic intentions, such as the Club of Rome, have for decades warned of impending planetary doom unless a world control system of inaugurated. While many of the problems addressed by global control enthusiasts are real, attention is deflected away from the fact of those who are making the suggestions for extensive global controls to deal with problems also happen to be those who created the problems in the first place. These are the plutocrats who run a de facto globalist control system, whose aim is to turn it into a de jure system..................................

............ the 2009 UN Copenhagen Climate Change Conference ended in disarray without the formal imposition of international taxation and bureaucracy. Lord Monckton stated of the agenda at Copenhagen: “Once again they are desperately trying to conceal from everybody here the magnitude of what they’re attempting to do – they really are attempting to set up a world government.”

A Rothschild Plan for World Government

Who's Got the Upper Hand Now ?

Who is the
and Who is the
?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

And where is the data to back up that title statement? It doesn't exist you say?
How shocking.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
It's the Sun.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I may be confusing myself but I thought there was speculation that all the planets and moons were experiencing some range of atmospheric changes? Or am I living a dream again?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Anyone who thinks a Subaru has more to do with the climate of this planet than the Star it revolves around, frankly is not worth having a discussion with.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
ROFLMAO!

How is it possible for 95% of people - intelligent of otherwise - to know something which none of them have read, and most of them will never read, is drivel?

Just how desperate are the religious fundies to protect their oil billions?

Just how stupid would anyone be to beleive them?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

hknudzkknexnt
I may be confusing myself but I thought there was speculation that all the planets and moons were experiencing some range of atmospheric changes? Or am I living a dream again?

Some religiuous fundies have said that on the basis that Pluto might be warming

See also:

www.skepticalscience.com...

edit on 24-9-2013 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Personally, both sides of this debate do their side a disservice by belittling the other side. Debate data, models and theories, ect...... stop bashing each other with trivial name-calling.

And now........ Lets get back to the bashing.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

AndyMayhew
ROFLMAO!

How is it possible for 95% of people - intelligent of otherwise - to know something which none of them have read, and most of them will never read, is drivel?

Just how desperate are the religious fundies to protect their oil billions?

Just how stupid would anyone be to beleive them?

95% of the World believe in some sort of a God.

Not all of them are out to protect "oil billions".

Just saying.

edit on 24-9-2013 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

Show us how it's the sun.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Kali74

While we are at it, disprove that its the Sun.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

That's already been done.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I would love to see the detailed record our ancestors from the past kept on Climate change. Not from scientists of today that have an "agenda".

Look, man has screwed up the World, make no mistake. No one can tell me Mother Earth or our Sun isn't the biggest proponent of Climate Change though. Man is but a ant on this planet.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Regardless of what you believe about Global Warming, do people honestly think it is a good idea to continue to pump harmful pollutants into our environment? So we may or may not be doing long-term damage to our planet through carbon emissions. We ARE however doing long-term damage to everything else.

Do people think that things like perpetual clouds of smog covering many major cities, industrial waste being dumped into many different water sources, trash dumped into similar places, deforestation, pesticides being washed into streams and rivers, and many more atrocities against nature that humanity commits are good things to live with?

Damn I hate this discussion. Just because the irrepairable part of long-term damage to the environment is still out for debate doesn't mean we aren't screwing things up. To believe otherwise is dishonest and shows great ignorance. We most definitely need to change our wasteful ways.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Krazysh0t

Damn I hate this discussion. Just because the irrepairable part of long-term damage to the environment is still out for debate doesn't mean we aren't screwing things up. To believe otherwise is dishonest and shows great ignorance. We most definitely need to change our wasteful ways.

Agree.

My problem is those that want this change, have ulterior motives. Those in charge, those in power.

They are willing to fudge data to make themselves the victors in this war. Meanwhile its the common folk the rest of us humans that suffer. The intellectually dishonesty of some scientists out there is alarming.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Kali74

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I think the hottest tracts of land affected are the heavily trodden pathways to and from the bank deposit windows.

Those paths have the most carbon footprints of all.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Good points.

But how do these things stop abruptly without killing millions of people ?

Who enforces the wishes of the educated ?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Seriously, how much money will change hands from those who are willing to push ANY agenda that has "climate change" attached to it?

How much money will be made with Carbon Credits?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

That is pathetic.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join