It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My name is David Paulides and for the last 4 years I've been investigating people missing in the wi

page: 30
<< 27  28  29   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
This will be my final 48 hour post.

I want to thank every person who wrote a polite and interesting question.
I can say that this experience has been interesting and exhausting.
There has never been a point, in any of my research where I had interactions like I had here.

I know that the vast majority of you will never meet a parent who has lost their child, never knowing where they are or what happened. That life void has to be the worst experience any parent could have. The most riveting and emotional interviews I have ever done was with one of those parents, Dennis Martins father, Bill.

Looking back in my career, there have been dozens of times where I investigated missing teenagers, young kids and adults, on nearly every occasion the disappearance turned out to be voluntary. A seasoned investigator could become very calloused to another case and allow that series of experiences to push them to generalize. Ah, this is just another missing person case, probably bad parenting, poor relationship, people feeling sorry for themselves, etc, etc. What I learned years ago, you can NEVER generalize, about anything. Just because you had five experiences where it didn't end the way you thought, that doesn't mean the 6th will turn out the same. If you lose sight of this fact, the relationships and communications you have will be less then honorable and you'll never get to the truth behind the issue.

The background behind the Martin case was pretty straight forward. Dennis disappeared on a rural field in Rocky Mountain National park. What followed is a series of incidents that are truly unreal. When we started to investigate this incident, it appeared that Mr. Martin had been lied to by the investigators inside the National Park Service and by the FBI. It specifically looked as if they were withholding the most valuable information that was gathered in the case.

One of the biggest revenue generators in the Knoxville area is Rocky Mountain National Park. In 2010, (www.nps.gov...) this article states that the park generated 818 million in revenue for the gateway communities, this is HUGE. The number of businesses surrounding the park that are dependent on the park visitors for revenue is large.

If the park admits that a small boy might have been abducted, this could have a major effect on the surrounding communities and park visitations. Ah, but there wasn't just one mysterious disappearance, there have been several. The theory behind the Martin abduction wasn't mine, the retired head tracker for the park service states that he now believes Dennis was abducted.

When I met Mr. Martin at his house, the same house he lived when Dennis disappeared, the man still looked the same as in 1969. He came to the door, I explained who I was and asked for a few minutes of his time. He explained that this disappearance had had a major impact on the life of he and his wife and that he had promised his wife it would no longer be discussed. I explained that I had traveled from California specifically to speak with him and asked for just a few minutes. He closed the door behind him and stepped onto the front porch.

When Mr. Martin and I started to talk, the man had tears in his eyes. The disappearance of his son had destroyed this families life. At the time of their biggest need, they turned to the NPS for assistance and direction on finding Dennis. Mr. Martin told me that the NPS, investigators and the press had lied and withheld information, I explained what I knew, he was surprised. I asked a few deep questions that probably have never been asked. I explained that I knew the "Key" family had seen something on a hillside in a reasonable time frame after Dennis disappeared and wanted to know if there was something else about this that wasn't released. Mr. Martin stated that the FBI and NPS never wanted this information released to him or the public. They also never wanted the public to know that whatever was seen on that hillside, was carrying something on its shoulder. I believe that the direct impression he wanted to leave was that Dennis could've been on that shoulder. The NPS and FBI told Mr. Martin that the time frames for this observation didn't work, that was a LIE. Dwight McCarter (the tracker for the park service at the time) and Mr. Martin quickly walked from Spence Field to the point of the "Key" observation in a time frame that would've made the sighting possible.

Imagine at the time of your greatest need, when you were absolutely at your lowest point in life, the one time when you needed the governmental agencies there to assist, find and comfort and they do exactly the opposite. You've just lost your most important possession and now the people you've always looked to as honorable turn out to be something quite different.

The last question I ask any witness before I leave, "Is there something about this incident that isn't known by the public and is something I should understand?" Mr. Martin stated that there was. He asked if I was aware of the number of disappearances in the mountains near the time Dennis disappeared, I named them. He asked if I knew the FBI agent that was on scene in each of those cases, I named him. He asked if I knew what happened to him, I stated I did not. Mr. Martin stated that the agent committed suicide. This was later confirmed. It was apparent that Mr. Martin gave us this information for a specific reason.

Our investigation into the Dennis Martin disappearance uncovered several major facts that the public does not know. The Martin family has never had justice in this case and has never experienced support and honesty from the NPS or the Knoxville Press. Each one of the four major television networks in Knoxville refused to report on any of this information. Do I understand why Mr. Martin refuses to talk to the press, absolutely. The support mechanisms meant to support victim families failed the Martins. When I walked away from meeting Mr. Martin, I had tears in my eyes. I know I could never feel the totality of his pain, but I felt some small part of this fathers loss. He lost his son and we weren't there to support him. "WE", I mean we as people. If we start to put our compassion, understanding and honesty on the shelf and work towards an agenda, or allow our behavior to be controlled by past experiences causing us to generalize, we have lost a large part of our humanity.

Thank you for the experience on ATS

David Paulides
www.canammissing.com

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Mr.Paulides, thank you for your time. My question is: Have you looked into the possibility of a correlation in the strange disappearances which do qualify for your research and the occurrence of forest fires? The Southwest US, & California have fires every year which consume sometimes very large pockets & swathes of vegetation.

Do occurrences Increase or decrease during large forest fires? Or before or after fires?

By the way, I am not asking with a leaning to sasquatch-conjecture, though Ive been posting about that line of discussion in this thread. I'm interested in the mysterious disappearances in parks, and the facts which may be parsed from numbers & verifiable conditions.
Once more, Thank you!

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Greetings David

Im not going to ask any questions, there is quite a lot you have to handle already. For me, I believe the existence of a very large humanoid species, we nicknamed "bigfoot", mostly because of the older native oral-stories passed down throughout time.

Great mustache by the way.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
It's been a fantastic education reading of your findings, David. Thank you so very much for your time and effort.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidPaulides

Wow. Excellent closing statement and something for every reader to fully digest and understand a glimpse of what is going on outside of your comfort zone, if not already aware.

Thank you so much for being here and I hope you continue to visit to read, if not contributing =)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Did I understand correctly in a recent post you said some people have disappeared in pairs?
Has there ever been any witnesses to the actual taking/disappearance?
When you were seeking DNA analysis did you try any universities in Canada? Have you been able to come to Canada about these previously?

I totally understand not wanting to appear badgering survivors of these occurrences, I hope at least they have been made aware of your work so that they can come forward to you if they chose to on their own time.

Thank you again for your time (and patience) - Over the decades of my researching I learned that finding real gems of information and people was like looking for needles in a haystack - but it is well worth the discovery albeit a daunting process. We (taxpayers/slaves) are intentionally kept in the dark from many, many mysteries that surround us in every way and every direction imaginable - any piece of the elusive puzzle is most cherished - thank you for your openness and willingness to find some of these pieces!

(post by StopThaZionistWorldOrder removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Restricted

Thanks. Just looked them up and they are $60s per book, and not available in libraries. Looks like I will be staying ignorant on the subject. Bummer.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidPaulides

As an enthusiastic member of ATS, I just wanted to say thank you for what has been, in my humble opinion, the BEST "Ask Me Anything" thread to date!

I get the same feeling with this thread as I did when listening to you on C2Cam: I really wish it didn't have to end.

Anyway, I look forward to reading your books very soon. Thanks again for your time, Mr. Paulides. All the best.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

All Missing 411 Books
$24.95-www.canammissing.com

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Thanks for your time and patience, Mr. Paulides.
edit on 9/26/2013 by Restricted because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Hello! Thanks for starting this thread. I had no idea any of this was happening in the United States! The news appears to be very limited and censored. I have been reading your responses more than all the questions. I will
be buying a book out of morbid fear and curiosity. I had lived in the Allegany Mountains next to Pittsburgh for ten years as a child and never heard of disappearing people in the 1970s. No one ever mentioned such things. I lived in Virginia as an adult in the 1990s and only heard of two lesbian women disappearing on the Appalachian trail. I was completely shocked. I have driven back to Cincinnati from Virginia and South Carolina all my adult life to visit relatives and always felt the mountain woods were creepy. I have to drive through the Mountains in both cases for hours on major highways.

I have read this thread over the last two days and wonder why peoples' clothes are missing. Do you think aliens want to wear the clothes to fit in with the humans. Or do the BF wear the shoes to confuse trackers? Do you find clothing in the woods? Rifles? etc. abandoned? Do they take the clothes because they want people to die from natural exposure? Do you think the BF/aliens want people for entertainment, science experiments, slavery? Are they sending a message to the human race to stay out of the parks? Because it is their territory? I know the Indians used to capture the white people and use them as slaves and adopted the children. This was
aggression toward the whites. Why do you think the black people are not abducted?

Are the BF body guards for alien bases? Maybe they are studying the human race and want to discover why humans have genetic failures and diseases so is this why the weak and sick are taken. These government parks may be an agreement spot for the alien groups to take people and study them. The park is used as a logical excuse for why the people are missing as a cover up. It also an easy way to just take a sample from a diverse group. Many Europeans and other countries peoples visit these parks. These wilderness areas are very remote and difficult to travel through on foot.

I read parts of this thread to my 70+ old mother who is visiting me. She is always going to the Smokey Mountains with my nieces and nephews, and her Sierra Club Group annually. Her comment was the Vietnam Vets took to the national parks when they returned. The vets who could not fit into regular society again. I said wouldn't these men be in their seventies by now?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

DavidPaulides
reply to post by mrsdudara

All Missing 411 Books
$24.95-www.canammissing.com

All $24.95 and worth every penny.

You're a great researcher, author and interviewee, David.

The one statement I would disagree with in your answer to my question relates to RC vehicles one day being able to find "Bigfoot".

"RC aircraft, balloons,etc, will find nothing."

Never under-estimate the power of new technology, Mr. Paulides. To take it one step further, you're almost showing a dash of hubris with that statement. Never say never.

edit on 26-9-2013 by JRCrowley because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I'd like to thank David personally for joining us here and hope he'll come back by and check us out as time moves forward.

Thanks Dave!

And with that I'll close this latest AMA thread.

Springer (Mark)...

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29   >>

join