It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramid from ATLANTIS ancient civilization may been discovered at Açores - Portugal

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

LABTECH767
reply to post by Hanslune

I will try to find the woman in the mountain as you here call it, the formation natural or otherwise was not named as far as I know though if artificial was hundred's of feet high, I'll try to find it but considering Mount rushmore was made by one man and completed by his son the comparison is not fair and that is a genuine modern wonder of the world in my humble opinion, still here is a fringe web page to chew over and some of it is interesting and not unrelated though I suspect you may already have seen this one.

www.templeilluminatus.com...

Howdy Lab-tech

Thanks for providing the link to the woman's carving, don't know about this - so cool.

From your link above

The Important Capitol Hill of the Pre-flood Planetary Empire Atlantis

Hmmm well no flood and no sign of said planetary empire, so I don't hold that source in great esteem

Ah the woman in the mountain, here you go.
This is not the image I was talking about but is the same formation, to my mind it look's enigmatic but what if it is really a carving made by an ancient culture?

Well Dona Kaus a man who never found something he couldn't identify as mysterious and Atlantean, or whatever. I don't take him seriously if he thinks the Piri Reis shows advanced knowledge.

What if the blue stone's found there and claimed to be artificial up to 50 feet down along with carved and ceramic figure's indicate a thriving and much more advanced culture in the region that may not have been in global isolation. Assuming 50 feet down and not knowing the rate of soil deposit for those find's once can only assume a great deal of time.

No comment as I couldn't find any PRP reports on the object in question.

For comparison here is a page on the crazy horse memorial that is being carved in the state's, now if it is ever completed how do you think it will look in 10 to 12 thousand years.

An archaeologist coming on the completed Crazy Horse would immediately look at protected parts of the statute in question and look to see if it showed machining or chiseling, she would also look at the rubbish and debris, that would tell you if it was made naturally or aritifically, also within the debris would probably be discarded trash, 20-21st century, glass, plastics, etc

They would also look for how it was carved ie by looking at the head to see if they built up the structure or hung down to do so, ie for anchor points. Etc

They would also look at the local culture to see if there was an association with the satute (time wise)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   

AndyMayhew
The square contours in that image are clearly fake (note the normal contour level is 50m
)

How much more is fake I couldn't say, but applying Ockham's Razor, I'd say this guy found a pyramidal shaped natural mound - maybe volcanic, maybe not - on the seafloor. On land we call them hills and there are several hundred thousand around the world.

There is no evidence of a manmade structure.

edit on 24-9-2013 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

If a Mars probe found such a data anomoly, you wouldn't investigate more?
edit on 30-9-2013 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Valid and irrefutable answers, I personally think that site calling the capital of an atlantean empire is 'fringe' to say the least, though it does have some interesting peripheral information as does the other, the Lady of mali statue if carved could be either male or female but is likely a natural formation but I can't help but find it fascinating, Maybe there is no link to the pyramid's and maybe there is as until definitive evidence either way is found it will remain open to conjecture and any field is only dead when conjecture stop's.

I personally believe that though there is only now one definitive surviving strain of Human DNA those whom are the origin of this genetic fingerprint were not alone and though the other lineages are now bred out of us there may have been other sub groups of human's throughout the length of time modern human's have existed and maybe even before whom though they may no longer exist may have achieved at least some form of builder culture and of course throughout that same time period there were many area's where they may have lived that were then desirable habitat's but now are submerged.

I hold despite the resistance of some to the fact that Paulina Zelitski did find structures of an ancient artificial origin off of the north west of cuba though I have seen the fact's change on several internet site's such as the depth being variable, from 1275 feet on the first report's to over 2000 feet on later rendition's of the story which show's like an good fisherman's tale it has a habit of growing and likely in another 10 years if not further active on site research is conducted it will have sprouted runway's and monorail's in the story.

I do believe there may be artifact's of presubmergence culture in the sea near the canary's and even only 12000 years ago a vast area would have been habitable and arible farmable land that is now over 200 feet beneath the surface of the water, also take Britain as during the ice age the north of britain was depressed under the great weight of ice and the south was tilted up but since the ice melt the south is sinking (London may become a shallow Atlantis of the future one distant day) and scotland is rising, the same in norway and thinking on that how much subcrustal magma displacement actually took place -was it enought to boy even the canary's to a higher relative altitude and expose even more now much deeper surface area above sea level.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

LABTECH767
I can't help but find it fascinating,

I'd have to agree

I personally believe that though there is only now one definitive surviving strain of Human DNA those whom are the origin of this genetic fingerprint were not alone and though the other lineages are now bred out of us there may have been other sub groups of human's throughout the length of time modern human's have existed and maybe even before whom though they may no longer exist may have achieved at least some form of builder culture and of course throughout that same time period there were many area's where they may have lived that were then desirable habitat's but now are submerged.

I suspect that the 'bush' of previous hominini has a number of unfound branches out there somewhere.

I hold despite the resistance of some to the fact that Paulina Zelitski did find structures of an ancient artificial origin off of the north west of cuba though I have seen the fact's change on several internet site's such as the depth being variable, from 1275 feet on the first report's to over 2000 feet on later rendition's of the story which show's like an good fisherman's tale it has a habit of growing and likely in another 10 years if not further active on site research is conducted it will have sprouted runway's and monorail's in the story.

Whenever something is given in meters to an American audience it tends to get retranslated into all kinds of odd numbers. PZ lives in Oregon I believe why not just ask her? I also seem to remember that she works for her sons consulting company.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
This is an easy debunk but first a thank you to all 8 pages of posters before me. I now know more about Plato then his wife.
There is no indication of when this sunken volcano was carved into a pyramid. It could easily be an old russian Cold War prank because they didn't have anything better to do with their subs. The corral will tell the truth. When we have images of reef buildup in the area we will know how long it has been under water. To me it looks manmade but not by egyptians. The equatorial vertex of the pyramid is skewed toward nothing it seems. I thought they made these pyramids square. I really don't know much about pyramids but I am an experienced naui wreck cave diver. Its easy to tell what is man made and natural in most cases and always easy to tell how long structurres have been underwater.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
first of all thankyou OP for this thread.

i am very surprised that this (if real ) has not been discovered before,
especially if you consider the amount of Cold War sub activities around the area in question.

in several books on the subject of Cold War sub missions they state that the area around the Azores was
a hive of activity ,
the US mapped the entire seabed around that area, so as i said i am surprised it has not shown up before on images.

thanks

snoopyuk
edit on 3-10-2013 by snoopyuk because: spelling

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Update :

As of 2013-10-04 10:06:45 (portugal time) this came out on one of the national news channels/internet news:

"A Marinha Portuguesa diz que a suposta pirâmide submersa a sudoeste da ilha Terceira é um monte submarino e não uma obra do homem."

Translated it means, "the portuguese navy says that the alleged underwater pyramid located southeast of the island "Terceira" is an underwater mountain formation and not manmade."

You can trust the translation, My mother tongues are Eng and Portuguese

edit on 4-10-2013 by Oldwindshaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Oldwindshaman

Yeah, you are correct. It's only underwater mountain, all explained in this video, by the Portuguese Navy:
www.rtp.pt...

That's it for the pyramid and supposedly Atlantis. My apologies for all the fuss.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by voyger2

No fuss
It's always nice to dream and to speculate and just have fun tackling the situation

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I just found out about an old abandoned soviet town on island of Svalbard, faaaar far far FAR north,

the town was named Pyramiden, because of the pyramid-shaped mount that it lay at the foot of,

unfortunately there aren't any good satelite-photos of that particular area, but it does look abit strange to me, especially the layered top. High mountaintops don't usually layer horizontally like that, right?

cruise-handbook.npolar.no...
blog.hostelbookers.com...

Anyways, i can't find much information on that place, wondering if anyone here's got any info, clues or interesting thoughts?

Here's some more info on the town: cruise-handbook.npolar.no...

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   

I trust your translation, but I would rather like to know how they came to this conclusion, bearing in mind the uniformity of the shape of this underwater feature. The fact that they said "Its a natural formation" is all very well, but if there is more data you could translate from the Navy, which might explain how they arrived at their conclusions, I would really love to see it posted here!

Thanks in advance,

TB

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

TrueBrit

I trust your translation, but I would rather like to know how they came to this conclusion, bearing in mind the uniformity of the shape of this underwater feature. The fact that they said "Its a natural formation" is all very well, but if there is more data you could translate from the Navy, which might explain how they arrived at their conclusions, I would really love to see it posted here!

Thanks in advance,

TB

Its the equipment that makes the uniformity it's a LOW RES display plain and simple.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I've been studying this in the last 3 months. I'm portuguese and I interested myself with this since the beggining. I hope I can bring to you the "flux of information" I've been made in the past 3 months.
Also, I would like to thank you for the information you gave me/confirmed me.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
in all likelihood, "atlantis" was the "broken telephone" memory of ancient crete i.e the minioans.

Archeological evidence shows that ancient Crete - a Goddess worshipping culture - was exceptionally peaceful and egalitarian. Instead of relics of war and domination, ancient crete has yielded goddess type images, like an egg, etc.

It really stands to reason that Plato's "history" was really just a garbled retelling of this civilizations greatness and its subsequent collapse (via earthquakes and tidal waves).

Now, since were able to build this plausible picture above ^^^, why would I prefer a theory that has zero plausibility? Just think of the amount of assumptions you have to make to believe that a technologically advanced people lived on an island - and for some bizarro reason don't inhabit anywhere outside that little island - that collapsed? There is absolutely no evidence for this theory. We have evidence for civilization at least 30,000 years back. We see a very clear incremental advancement in technology as time moves forward, with a very big step forward about 8000 years ago with the invention of language and script.

You can either live in reality and follow what the evidence says, or you can arbitrarily accept the truth of "atlantis" and unscientfically pursue "evidence" that supports that supposition.

Acores is not Atlantis. My mom is from there. I've been there. I have explored its cave systems. Its a completely natural structure. The Acores DID NOT, most assuredly, make up the "mountain top" of a sunken Atleantean continent. Geology does not change over night. The acores developed and took on it's present form just as every other land mass on earth: over periods of millions of years.

And lastly, and most obviously, Platos story of Atlantis. This was either, a) an allegory, b) a retelling of a cultural memory. If it was the former, it has philosophical meaning. If it was the latter, it was a garbled retelling of ancient Minoan civilization. A civilization of such peacefulness that by Platos time, that the memory of it had transmogriphied in fantastical ways. And, frankly, given Platos aptitude for allegory, I wouldn't be surprised if he had also used it as a metaphor.
edit on 17-4-2014 by Astrocyte because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astrocyte
in all likelihood, "atlantis" was the "broken telephone" memory of ancient crete i.e the minioans.

SNIP

And lastly, and most obviously, Platos story of Atlantis. This was either, a) an allegory, b) a retelling of a cultural memory. If it was the former, it has philosophical meaning. If it was the latter, it was a garbled retelling of ancient Minoan civilization.

The latter is unlikely in the extreme since we know a great deal about the long mythic traditions of the Greeks and no such myth or story - garbled or otherwise - can be found in their mythos.

Harte

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join