It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Quick Sketch

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Hi Guys and Girls,

I've not drawn, painted or done anything creative really since leaving school... mostly through being tired from work etc, but this week I am off work so I decided to pick up a pencil again and start doodling.

The basic sketch I did with a plain old HB pencil, then I transferred it to paintshop to try and boost the contrast but got some interesting effects which I think work quite well.

Anyhoo, I'm quite pleased with the result considering the time gap since I last had a go so I thought I'd share it.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Hi Mr Bit, I don't know how long you've been out of school, but I do know portraits are no easy task. I did them for awhile using pastels, then I got introduced to Paintshop Pro and put up my pastels. What I like is that you put it into photoshop and enhanced it, mixed media is always a way to take things outside the box so to speak. Keep doodling and creating you've gotten some interesting effects going on. Good Job.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

2manyholes
I don't know how long you've been out of school
Probably should've mentioned that eh? lol

27 years since I left school, in my 40's now.

Everyday at work I want to draw and think about drawing but genuinely by the weekend, doing 60+ hours a week I'm burnt out.

Thanks for the comment.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Beautiful work. Wouldn't it be great if we could pursue our passions instead of just a paycheck? Please continue with your Art, for your sake and your audiences. I really enjoy it. Thank you.

new topics

top topics

join