It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insiders and Hedge Funds Dumping Monsanto Stock

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Well, I am still not sure about the meaning of this news. I don't think this is the beginning of the end for Monsanto. Facebook exect did similar things after the IPO...

What is your take on this one?

Company insiders and institutional investors alike have been dumping shares of the Monsanto Company in recent months. While consumers have concerns with Monsanto’s business due to its genetically modified organism (GMO) products, investors are worried about its business practices and stock performance.

Source: The Epoch Times

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnWoodland

Your source is Epoch news and they sourced it from natural news and they sourced it from their own editor and they have no link or any evidence as proof of this "story".

Here are links showing the actual monsanto stock movements going all the way back for 5 years.

edit on 23-9-2013 by Carreau because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnWoodland

I wonder if this has anything to do with Putin telling the media that Monsanto's attack on the world's food source could lead to WWIII?

I doubt for a minute the shady #ers behind this plot will just give up, but dumping one brand and creating a new one seems perfectly logical for them.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Would love nothing more than to see them dumped on their genetically modified behinds, but alas, I know it won't happen anytime soon.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

Do you need a source? Maybe he just looked at the stock price and the public activity on a trading site?

I can't look right now... Has the stock dropped?

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

There's been no drastic increase in trading volume, no major drop in price, they're earnings report is due on Oct 2, and there is no evidence of anything out of the ordinary in monsanto stock at all.
edit on 23-9-2013 by Carreau because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Perhaps they have insider knowledge that something is about to happen to Monsanto? I did a Google search (see below) on any thing popping up for the company here is what I got:

Lots of variety from positive stories to speculation to more politics.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Why would any thinking person hold stock in this company? Check your portfolios if they're serviced by another company and demand that any stock in Monsanto be sold immediately. Don't be part of the problem. There's plenty of other companies to encourage with your savings.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

JohnWoodland
Well, I am still not sure about the meaning of this news. I don't think this is the beginning of the end for Monsanto. Facebook exect did similar things after the IPO...

Company insiders and institutional investors alike have been dumping shares of the Monsanto Company in recent months. While consumers have concerns with Monsanto’s business due to its genetically modified organism (GMO) products, investors are worried about its business practices and stock performance.

This is pure hogwash. The MON stock recently made a slight adjustement downward 106.01 Down 0.04(0.04%) and is traded rather fair on London FTSE. Latest risk calc shows it is 1.14 times less risky than FTSE index. No volatility to speak of and with low volume movements. On a 52 week range the stock has been between 82-109 USD so todays price fix is rather high, hence the slightly downward adjustement.

edit on 23-9-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

JohnWoodland

it's called "taking profits"....it happens when stocks reach a yearly high or close to it, here's the 1yr chart:
www.marketwatch.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Monsanto has very low ownership among the 'insiders'.

TPTB own most of the stock.

Insider Transactions

Major Holders

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

Thankyou

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Sounds like eco activists attempted to create a run on Monsanto stock by putting out a false news story, without realising that it's, y'know, pretty easy to check what the share price is doing and verify that nothing untoward is going on.

new topics

top topics

join