It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian scientist photographs the soul leaving the body at death

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I do not know much about Kirlian photography, altough I have seen some lovely Kirlian pictures.
Russian scientist photographs the soul leaving the body at death. Below is a picture of a Coleus leaf Kirlian photography.

Well a man named Konstantin Korotkov has photographed what he thinks is the soul leaving the body.

The timing of astral disembodiment in which the spirit leaves the body has been captured by Russian scientist Konstantin Korotkov, who photographed a person at the moment of his death with a bioelectrographic camera.

The image taken using the gas discharge visualization method, an advanced technique of Kirlian photography shows in blue the life force of the person leaving the body gradually.

According to Korotkov, navel and head are the parties who first lose their life force (which would be the soul) and the groin and the heart are the last areas where the spirit before surfing the phantasmagoria of the infinite.

In other cases according to Korotkov has noted that "the soul" of people who suffer a violent and unexpected death usually manifests a state of confusion in your power settings and return to the body in the days following death. This could be due to a surplus of unused energy.

www.esotericonline.net...

edit on 22-9-2013 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
We should demand all leaders of the world die and let us photograph them using this tech. If we see a soul then we'll know they are ok to be leaders.
I see no flaw in this plan.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Does it weigh two oz. ?

That is how much , is un-accounted for at death.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Awesome thread , craving more info now. Sometimes this place just amazes me, you never know what your gonna learn on a given day. S&F again awesome find....

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

i would like to see you expand on this statement.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

BobAthome
Does it weigh two oz. ?

Surely you dont think the soul is a physical gas that is heavier than air or something, do you? Thats pretty much the only way it would have weight and also be able to float away... actually no it wouldnt because it was heavier than air so it would sink.

Non-material things would have no interaction with material forces, such as gravity, meaning they would be weightless.

Wouldnt that be something... to find out at our very core, all we are is a little volume of sulfur hexa-fluoride...

edit on 9/22/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

I looked into kirlian photography a few years ago, from what I can remember it's a total scam, I think it has something to do with moisture content on living tissue, and if I remember correctly kirlian cameras were being sold for hundreds of pounds to gullible punters!

I may be wrong, it's late, Man City beat Man United, I've been drinking and I'm running on memories

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Kirlian photography is what it is. The other twin image of the body looks like thermal imaging. The "life force" as they call it is just the body cooling down, dropping in temperature. We would expect the body to cool appendages first and core last. The picture on the left shows the blue extremities in the legs and arms cooling off before the rest.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Argyll
reply to post by purplemer

I looked into kirlian photography a few years ago, from what I can remember it's a total scam, I think it has something to do with moisture content on living tissue, and if I remember correctly kirlian cameras were being sold for hundreds of pounds to gullible punters!

I may be wrong, it's late, Man City beat Man United, I've been drinking and I'm running on memories

yup,, it came out about the time of Uri Geller, the spoon guy,, lol, and pyramid power,, "it will sharpen your razor blades too! lol, yaa,

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

CaticusMaximus

BobAthome
Does it weigh two oz. ?

Surely you dont think the soul is a physical gas that is heavier than air or something, do you? Thats pretty much the only way it would have weight and also be able to float away... actually no it wouldnt because it was heavier than air so it would sink.

Non-material things would have no interaction with material forces, such as gravity, meaning they would be weightless.

Wouldnt that be something... to find out at our very core, all we are is a little volume of sulfur hexa-fluoride...

It's a fact that there is 2 oz. un-accounted for a death.
I call it the "breath-of-life",, probably weigh's about 2 0z.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

VoidHawk
We should demand all leaders of the world die and let us photograph them using this tech. If we see a soul then we'll know they are ok to be leaders.
I see no flaw in this plan.

G,day mate. ok u got me. i fell off the sofa in fits of laughter. ok maybe not. but bloody almost. well done mate.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

BobAthome

It's a fact that there is 2 oz. un-accounted for a death.
I call it the "breath-of-life",, probably weigh's about 2 0z.

So you DO believe the soul is actually a physical gas that is heavier than air, like sulfur hexa-fluoride? Im just trying to understand what you are saying. You are not being clear.

If the soul has mass and interacts with gravity, its a material thing, not an ethereal thing. Is that what you are saying?

Also, link to a reliable source about the losing 2 ounces please.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

I think you just made my day, Voidhawk.
A star for thee.

I'm having trouble with this interpretation, OP. To me it represents the settling in of death rather than showing the soul leaving the body.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

BobAthome
Does it weigh two oz. ?

G,day mate. read somewhere many years ago how English doctors towards the end of the 19th century weighed several animals before and after death. i seem to remember a dog a pig a goat and maybe a horse. results were. NO weight loss at death but humans showed an un acountable loss of. QUES. was it 2oz or was it 4oz. as i cant remember i will go with your quote.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

You're not mistaken. Kirlian is photography with an elctrostatic twist. Some say its fake and others say it can be "read" if done right.

Heres one explanation...

This is accomplished by applying short microsecond impulse(s) of High Voltage to the body and recording its UV and visible response over many milliseconds, or even seconds. Note that our body produces static electricity and by touching grounded objects we discharge it naturally. This electricity is actually a part of our bio-energy.

Kirlian photography

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

"Also, link to a reliable source about the losing 2 ounces please. "

actually i will go by Ats people,, regardless of links,, could be a wives tail, hmm wifes tail.,, what a strange saying,, hmmm
or is that wi,ve's tale??
edit on 9/22/2013 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

BobAthome

actually i will go by Ats people,, regardless of links,, could be a wives tail, hmm wifes tail.,, what a strange saying,, hmmm
or is that wi,ve's tale??
edit on 9/22/2013 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

Well I guess that explains why you would consider it plausible that the soul is a gas.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Thank you for the link.

From the link, it seems this doctor was not in the slightest what I would consider "reliable", nor of sound moral character to be in anyway privy to the nature of the soul, seeing as its speculated he was poisoning dogs to get them to die on his scale.

These two things stand out the most:

MacDougall's results are generally regarded as false, due to the flawed methodology used in the tests. All attempts to reproduce the results with better methodologies and equipment have failed

Nonetheless, MacDougall's finding that presumably the human soul weighed 21 grams has become a meme in the public consciousness, mostly due to its claiming the titular thesis in the 2003 film 21 Grams.

NEVER been reproduced? 200,000 people die per day, and its been over 100 years since this claim was fielded... and its NEVER been duplicated?

Yeah... I think its safe to say that the soul being a weighty sentient gas as insinuated by this supposed doctor is absolutely bogus.

See, "BobAthome", when you dont ask for evidence, you end up saying things like "It's a fact that there is 2 oz. un-accounted for a death"... when in fact its not a fact... but at most a false meme propagated by other people who dont ask for evidence to support wild claims either (trusting random strangers on the internet instead, most likely), who then show up on ATS and start stating said wild claims as facts themselves, perpetuating the vicious cycle of... well, idiocy, to be frank.

Do not believe any "fact" stated on the internet (or anywhere else) unless it can be corroborated with actual evidence pointing to that fact as actually being a fact, people. We live in an age of LIES and ILLUSIONS.

Never take anything stated as fact at face value.

edit on 9/22/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: grammar

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

i did not know that, ,,cool thnks
always thought it was a legitamate finding. Is there a doctor in the house??

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join