It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Top' DC Republicans Sent Oppo Research to 'Hammer' Cruz

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

Are there enough of us that are willing to put our differences aside, there are some major issues that keep us from uniting and TPTB keeps us divided over a few issues while the country goes to hell in a hand basket.

Something very bad is going to have to happen to unite us against the government.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

mbkennel

TDawgRex
Get rid of corporate lobbyists & donations, PACs, put a limit on ALL personal donations and make those running pay the majority out of their own pocket and you will see more honest people coming forth. After all, if their is no money to be made in running for office, it's not worth the hassle.

In that case you will only get representatives from the ultra-wealthy backgrounds who can afford to buy the election personally. This is a poor way to filter candidates, and the representatives would have narrow backgrounds and interests often opposed to the general population.

A Constitutional Amendment to overturn the "corporations have free anonymous political speech rights" like natural humans might help.
edit on 22-9-2013 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

What I proposed was just a scratch on the surface.

I know it would not be easy. Whole new amendments would have to be passed. Not just laws.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

You left out Boehner. He's probably leading the charge.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

stormdancer777
reply to post by greencmp

Are there enough of us that are willing to put our differences aside, there are some major issues that keep us from uniting and TPTB keeps us divided over a few issues while the country goes to hell in a hand basket.

Something very bad is going to have to happen to unite us against the government.

I think there are enough of us in our home towns and our differences are really very minor in the grand scheme of things.

As we remove official power and officials, the ability for any particular ideology to exert pressure on others will diminish correspondingly.

Something, nay many things, have already happened which are causing us all to do what is difficult and tedious but, necessary and simple.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by stormdancer777

I hate that I voted for Ted Cruz, but the other candidate did not campaign or offer me any reason to vote other than Cruz.

He has done nothing for nine straight months but complain, whine, cry, and failed to really accomplish anything at all. He is a perfect example of hypocrisy. He complains about the "freeloaders" while he gleefully collects his salary while doing nothing to earn it.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
www.breitbart.com...

A source in Congress tells Breitbart News that Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell and Senate Minority Whip John Cornyn are using their leadership positions to pressure other Republicans to oppose Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) in his campaign to defund Obamacare.

"Right now in the Senate, Mitch McConnell and John Cornyn are actively whipping Senators to shut down debate on the House continuing resolution so that Harry Reid can gut it with just 51 votes,” a senior congressional staffer with intimate knowledge of the situation said in an email to Breitbart News. “Unbelievably, they actually are leading the fight to fully fund Obamacare.”

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join