It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who has a problem feeding the less fortunate??? I want to know.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

OccamsRazor04

libertytoall

tridentblue
reply to post by GrantedBail

My problem is with those who think they're big heroes because they are against feeding the poor. Remember the day before 9/11 when 2.3 trillion was reported missing from the pentagon?

m.youtube.com...

Do the math. That's 2.3 million dollars each for a million welfare cases. Here hobo, retire. Buy a yacht. But these heroes don't take that on, they take on low income people getting a little bit for food assistance. I have no respect for people who take on spending only when it involves the weak, but cower when it involves the strong. You either stand with your principles or you don't.

peace.

I could solve WORLD hunger forever with 2.3 trillion.
edit on 22-9-2013 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

Well someone needs to appoint you to office then because we will spend more than that (at the current spending rate) on food stamps in America alone over the next 30 years.

When people start investing in sustainable means and being realistic then we can solve the problem. For example, if you're truly starving you will eat whatever you can get. You don't need food money to go to the corner convenience store and buy cigs, potato chips, beer, beef jerky, skittles, and maybe a dozen eggs and some milk. I'm not for that at all.. I'd rather see all that wasted money put into large scale aquaponics operations that continue to produce food off the same dollar invested rather than consumerism where you spend the money on a tangible product that is gone after one use. (sending rice to Africa, Haiti, etc.) Just burn your money through a bureaucratic garbage can.. One large scale investment of 2 trillion could produce enough food for 300 million people in the united states EASILY.. I did the spreadsheets once, priced everything out, spoke to a local construction company to get the installation costs of a single location. My final figure to feed 300 million people was just under 1 trillion. Copy that every year for 10 years and where's that world hunger?? The fish reproduce and there's very little upkeep costs. Yes, if you're starving you will have to eat fish or fish soup. Sorry, if you don't like it you can always starve.. Many people in the world don't get a choice either and eat to stay alive. That's what true starving people do.. Here starving people get free cell phones it's RIDICULOUS!
edit on 22-9-2013 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

macman

Meh!!!
Another "for the children" argument.
The child is the responsibility of the parent, not everyone else.
The parents being illegal need to be returned to their country of citizenship. The children can stay, or go with their parents.
Just another expense pushed to be carried by lawful American citizens.

Illegal immigrants are encouraged because it has become necessary. What small business in this dumpster economy wants to hire legals and pay them the minimum wage, share healthcare costs with the employee, pay their SS share, unemployment/disability, etc?

Sure in theory I am totally against it, but practice dictates otherwise.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I will feed those who are hungry because I choose to. Don't put your hands in my wallet and force me to feed a person. I grew up poor and hungry, but I've always known that I wouldn't always be poor and hungry.

Big difference between compassion and tolerance.

Now let's not confuse those who aren't mentally and physically capable with those who are.

Stop using blame and complain and try rooting (cheering) the capable person in providing for self. And we can only hope that this changed person will pass this ah-ha moment on. And this ah-ha moment is belief in self... Now what you do from here is all choice, now you can hand your earned dollar to a person who isn't in the shame shape as a capable healthy person. You either give through compassion or because you are froced to which leads to a tolerant kind of giving which tolereance has a breaking point.

My point is the government telling me if I don't pay for such programs, then I'm selfish. Pfff. This I don't tolerate.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I have no problem in giving the less fortunate food.
I have no problem in trying to mentor\train\work with a homeless person to try and better their life.

What I will not do anymore is blidnly give a homeless person money..Right or wrong , good or bad I have watched enough homeless people in my city take money they are given and go buy alcohol or cigarettes with that money. Neither of those things will help to make someones life better.

Yesterday I was driving home and saw one of the local homeless crowd with her sign saying she needed money for food..I knew her scam but wanted to see if possibly anything had changed...Sure enough people gave her money ...so I pulled into a store across the street to get a bottle of water and who do I see walking out of the liquor store next to me but the same homeless lady with a 40oz beer ..at 11 am in the morning...

If someone down on their luck here says to me "hey man, I am starving could you buy me something to eat or a bottle of water" I will do that.

Sorry it is not my responsibility to allow people to stay drunk or continue to smoke again neither of which add to a persons quality of life.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Really a little harsh on your part. Alcoholism is a medical condition. You should not treat people with such scorn.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

purplemer
reply to post by opethPA

Really a little harsh on your part. Alcoholism is a medical condition. You should not treat people with such scorn.

Yup it is a disease and by not giving homeless people money I am doing my part to not allow that disease to continue.

As I said, Ill buy a homeless person food/water/milk/toilet paper/soap. I will mentor, train or help them in other ways try and improve their situation in life.

If they ask me more money to go continue sinking in the quicksand they are in then find another person because I was that sucker a few times in the past.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

The "PTB" did not create the situation. They aren't NEARLY as powerful as you would think; and they probably don't appreciate your compliment, but despise it and may even think they are justified and see it as an example of the disgusting ignorance of humanity.

People allowed the situation to happen by reason of peoples' unwillingness to fight evil and quell it before it arose.

And now in America, people are becoming more "politically-correct", are not disciplining their children properly, are allowing the woman to take charge of everything instead of competing and raising the standard, are focusing on issues of color instead of the impersonal issue of honesty versus arrogance (one leads to good things, the other to bad, that's the point); people in America are outlawing and making socially unacceptable the accountability by which we were once strong, and also giving.

The foolish people in America have become so lazy and so afraid for their comfort and their lives that they have ALLOWED evil to come in and take over, promising security and comfort and unity.

What a load of bullllllllllllll monkeys.

People keep saying, Let's have peace. Let's have peace. Let's have peace.

Ahhhhh, you sat on your asses and now war is gonna ensue because you said, "Let's have peace" instead of taking responsibility for yourselves, your families, your wives, your children, and your neighbors.

You were given technology so you could spend MORE time on those things;; NOT less time!!

But you took it for granted! All the freedoms given you, you have used to further your own desires of laziness instead of to free time up so that you could do more and better things for everyone around you.

This world wants you to believe that you have to work and work and work and work and work and to try to "get ahead", and to "get on your feet", and to "provide for your family". But it's a load of crap.

People have been providing for their families since the beginning of time. NONE of what is happening today has anything at all to do with any of that.

YOU did it.

Your attitude, that the "PTB" did it; that is the exact personality that is actually responsible. Your laziness, your inability to take responsibility, your blame, your selfishness, your insanity.

And double-so among those that claim that "Lawful Americans" are suffering injustice.

Your hearts are ditches of carcasses.

There is no such thing as a Lawful American. If you knew a thing about law instead of your own self-righteousness, you'd have learned that by now.

But you're just self-righteous and really, really, really, really ignorant about paper, and about what is actually going on in the world.

You just live your tiny little world of righteousness. I'm doing so good. I treat wifey like a doll, I shoot the bad guy, I tell illegals to go to hell and burn, I let the kids act like terrors whenever they want (then wonder why they don't give a crap about what you say in public, and then wonder why you snapped on them so hard one day, and then ask yourself if you're a bad daddy or not);

When is it that you bunch of kids are going to stop playing grown-up?

It's time to actually -be- grown-up, don't you think?

You carry the sword like a man, but you cower like a three year old, hiding behind your victim.

Why don't you put down the sword like a man, and stand in front of the tank, nearly certain about your demise.

How strong are you really, my little Darwinians?

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

You were such a sucker opethPA. Now you are clearly not a sucker.

That is oh so apparent.

Yeah, keep sucking on your pacifier.

You never gave a thing in your life. If you had, then you wouldn't claim you were a sucker because someone made the choice they were always going to make.

You somehow thought that because you gave something, then you deserved in return they should use it on whatever -you- think is best for them.

Wait...

you're not one of the same people that won't believe in God because you think He doesn't want you unless you do what He says... are you?

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by syrinx2112

I see...

so if authority is telling you to feed other people, hey, no way. Screw you hungry people.

But if I say, "oh, it's okay." Then yay, feed the hungry people!

But you have a choice either way. Get over it. You're not being obligated to do anything at all.

How ironic, if they were to pass a law saying, "If you don't pay taxes, you keep the poor from eating!" And then you fail to pay taxes, and some poor go hungry, and you are punished for the crime.

And then you end up in prison eating food that you do not earn, but is given to you by the government to keep you alive in prison.

While I think that it would be a stupid law, I think the result would be poetic.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

Oh that law you talk about, yeah, if you work, you pay into the food stamp collective...

The point is, taxes are taken out of my check to feed people who are capable of fending for themselves, but they choose not to fend for themselves or their family because they think what they get is a benefit. I know this mentality because I grew up around it...

Now I will correct myself... If YOU/ANYBODY "via throwing guilt around" or a governing body says I HAVE TO "by law (food stamps)" feed this person, then I will do it out of tolerance due to law, but that will last for so long... but if YOU said to feed this person because of blah/blah/guilt/more guilt, then you are saying, I'M GOING TO put my hand in your wallet to give to this hungry person. Well I don't tolerate that either.

You deal with *your* wallet as you see fit and I hope there is compassionate person surrounding that wallet, and I will deal with *my* wallet.... I think this is clear now...

I'd rather give/feed/volunteer out of compassion, and also receive a compassionate donation if need be. Not because a person HAD to or was guilt into it...

Put yourself in the position to help others and go above and beyond with donations/gifts/services whatever your compassionate heart feels like doing. But you did put yourself in that position to do this.
edit on 22-9-2013 by syrinx2112 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I do agree.

You do with your wallet as you see fit.

That is well said... again. Crying over if someone told you to or not is just plain childish. Crying over if someone took it from you to give someone else is just plain childish. Let their faults be on them; but if someone is being fed, put a smile on your face and get over it, for your own sake, I say.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

You've never had to struggle in life, have you? You come across as someone that really has no idea what the real world is like.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I have no problem feeding people.

edit on 22-9-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Now what you do is what I call fluff...

The topic is " Who has a problem feeding the less fortunate??? I want to know."

Please stay on topic.... And my response was on topic... you got caught in fluff.. If you don't choose then you still have made a choice - Not topic, fluff my friend...

You feed the less fortunate or you don't... Why?.....look SQUIRREL..

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I do not have a problem with feeding anyone, anywhere that is hungry; the humanity in my spirit demands it.

What I do have a problem with is people who do not care enough about others being feed and clothed etc.

I live in Seattle...and we have a lot of (food banks) and free meals; we are a city that cares.

I am going to share with you all; an encounter I had a while back while I was out for a mid-morning walk.

I was out walking...looking around my neighborhood (I live in downtown Seattle near the waterfront)...anyway...a man was riding towards me on his bicycle and he had a rather large basket filled with sacks...he stopped and asked me if I would like a sack lunch...I said thank you but no...that I lived nearby and I had food. I asked him if he worked with an organization...he said no...that it was his 50th birthday and he just wanted to share with people his happiness at still being alive and healthy...and his way of celebrating was to make sack lunches and share them with anyone . I just have to say...that is my type of person!

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

kimish

You've never had to struggle in life, have you? You come across as someone that really has no idea what the real world is like.

The only thing I am able to do is laugh at you!

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

This is the rant forum.

So I rant at you.

What you call fluff is more pertinent to understanding the question, and therefore, the answer. But you know that. You just don't like being called out on it. Therefore, to you, it is fluff.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

When it comes to the issue of "he's probably going to use it on drugs and alcohol", my belief is this:

Whatever he spends the money on is on him (or her, sorry).

I have given, and will continue to give to the homeless.

I have done my part and they will do their own.

My part does not include telling someone how to spend their money.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Would Jesus laugh at someone regarding such a serious and personal matter?
And you speak of fluff, i believe that you are the fluffer. Google fluffer, that's you.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

I see you in this thread too Wrabbit. In both these posts I have listed you are worried about the lack of military spending. Especially with hostilities with Syria looming. Why in this thread did you do a 180? Why when Zaphod talks about military spending troubles do you lap it up, and when I say the EXACT same thing you get hostile?

There is no double standard here at all. I have never suggested that almost 7 times the spending of the next closest nation in the world is somehow NOT ENOUGH. In fact, I've said repeatedly, the contractors make 10's of billions in NET profit, per year, every year. I don't have the report sitting in front of me with my new system yet, but there are multiple sources that compile data to report that total, if curious for this year. It is dropping...as the wars wind down. Syria promises to reverse that trend though.

No...I've not backtracked a thing. Willy Nilly cutting of the Military is a prescription to defeat on the battlefield and the loss of our nation.

----

What I DO have a MAJOR MAJOR problem with......is just TWELVE PERCENT of the value of the Pentagon being spent to feed needy Americans. I have a HUGE problem with just 12% of what is spent to KILL PEOPLE ...being spent to even TRY and SAVE people from starvation and malnutrition.

The *ONLY* thing between us and a considerably WORSE world than we ever saw with the great depression is these social programs people cannot WAIT to cut. Well.... I hope everyone on the cutting bandwagon is VERY VERY well armed and perfectly willing to personally take human life in the future.

If you add true hunger to the desperation, all to cut *PENNIES* off over 6 TRILLION in B.S. budget spending???? You'll deserve every wild eyed looter and criminal type coming for what you have and what everyone you know has...because they've been left absolutely no choice at all but to TAKE what is desired/required or watch their family starve.

REAL nice people we have in America these days....as I am truly ashamed of some of my fellow countrymen on this issue. Deeply ashamed. We can murder people around the world....but we cannot risk feeding ONE man who may not 100% deserve every last penny of aid. Yeah... I can feel the humanity all the way from here.....not.

edit on 22-9-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join