It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man turns water to wine (beer) seriously.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

A teetotalling Texan whose family thought he was addicted to booze was in fact suffering from a rare disease where his stomach turns the food he eats into beer.
Too much brewer's yeast in the 61-year-old's gut meant that whenever he ate starch, it sparked a chemical reaction leading to fermentation.
The man — dubbed "the human brewery" — ended up getting totally tanked without even touching a drop of alcohol.

Read more: www.nydailynews.com...

"Alcohol" would be more on point.

The man from down south brews alcohol in his stomach, unfortunately, not distilled. So I am wondering how much grain alcohol or other kinds of chemicals might be made in this process.

I figured this story is a good example of how natural processes like these are. Some people really dont understand chemistry in the least, and think certain things in life are "made by the devil" etc... Well, he must be possessed in this case.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

possessed? more like blessed. Lucky bastard!

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

boncho

A teetotalling Texan whose family thought he was addicted to booze was in fact suffering from a rare disease where his stomach turns the food he eats into beer.
Too much brewer's yeast in the 61-year-old's gut meant that whenever he ate starch, it sparked a chemical reaction leading to fermentation.

Could he....just NOT eat starch...maybe?

The man — dubbed "the human brewery" — ended up getting totally tanked without even touching a drop of alcohol.

You do realize, that this was his plan ALL ALONG.

I figured this story is a good example of how natural processes like these are.... Well, he must be possessed in this case.

I wouldnt say this is natural...this is excessive abuse of man made substance to satisfy an addiction. Now he only needs to pay for food!!

Two birds, one stone my friend

LOL

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by grindhouzer

I think it's natural but not normal, per se.

A friend of the families son has a condition that is similar. When ever the kid drank milk or ate any dairy, his body metabolized something in the dairy down to a metabolite similar to morphine. The poor child was hospitalized numerous times for being doped up before the doctors finally figured out what his problem was.

I do think that this guy was taking advantage of his condition. I would. Imagine how much beer money you would save! Hell, you wouldn't need any beer money. By a case of Ramen noodles and your set lol
edit on 21-9-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

DeadSeraph
reply to post by boncho

possessed? more like blessed. Lucky bastard!

My thoughts indeed!

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

So... that means he's the second coming of Christ, right? If he could use that yeast to also make some bread, I think we would have a messiah on our hands.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I turn beer into pee. I've been doing it all night. I buy the good stuff though...so not too often.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I seriously doubt he's getting tanked off it, the amounts of alcohol that would be produced would be weak and very slight. Surely...

Even with brewers yeast and wort boiled to create strong beer, you get hardly any alcohol at first, easily a week and then some before it's at a reasonable percentage.

And if his stomach is making potent alcohol, he'd be farting and burping all night long, vomiting up foam and probably dead, considering yeast to produce reasonable alcohol would not tolerate the acidic stomach contents so that'd imply he's not completely healthy.

He's a sly grogger... what a jip.. fooled the lot of 'em.. lucky bastard... "Oh no I'm not drunk, its me tummy, love!"

What a geezer!!!

lol

new topics

top topics

join