It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Invention ideas

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I have a lot of IDEAS, but i have no way of going about it.I don't understand how to really start creating it. But its in my head and i can see it working.

It's a shirt type product that aligns a snake like mech along your spine, to help people with disfunction. and allready know how to put in the other things i want. thats the only part im still trying to make a reality
edit on America/Chicago0940303056Sat, 21 Sep 2013 15:40:56 -050040fAmerica/Chicago by EmittsrifEhtrof because: (no reason given)

I also was thinking, if there was a way to extract moisture from the ground. something small you could fit in an emergency kit, or a backpack. and when your out long or get lost you can stick it in the ground and let it burrow with tree root like structures that pressure suck or something
edit on America/Chicago0946303012Sat, 21 Sep 2013 15:46:12 -050046fAmerica/Chicago by EmittsrifEhtrof because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by EmittsrifEhtrof

There are courses in creativity, some online I believe. I took one as a summer course and it really helped me sort the cobwebs. You can check with your nearest college and university. I still use some of the stuff I learned in it, so I can't recommend it highly enough.

Also, are you familiar with the systematic/scientific process?
edit on 21-9-2013 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

if this thread is an example of your brain at work, it's not looking good.

so you have an idea, there's lot's of very clever people on this site who i'm sure would like to help you.
but from the information you gave, what could anybody say to help you?

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I don't understand how to really start creating it

We really don't either if you don't tell us what it is...

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Rikku

you know what your right. sorry people of ATS for being stupid enough to actually ask a question. sorry Rikku the cat dresser, i will miss you

btw this in rant so don't be over cynical please and thank you
edit on America/Chicago0930303053Sat, 21 Sep 2013 15:30:53 -050030fAmerica/Chicago by EmittsrifEhtrof because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I'd say it's more of a statement than a rant , I have no idea what you want or expect .

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

It's a shirt type product that aligns a snake like mech along your spine, to help people with disfunction. and allready know how to put in the other things i want. thats the only part im still trying to make a reality

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Ideas and thinking are great. Doing, produces results. Even if you have no idea what you're doing, you have to start somewhere. Almost every tutorial or instructional course for anything art, creating, or inventing will at some point well advise to just start doing.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SasquatchHunter

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

EmittsrifEhtrof
reply to post by intrptr

Thats a really cool idea. People could use that. If you see it in your head thats great. Each design begins with breaking it down into pieces. First make a drawing of the most basic part. Then make a model from paper or wood or clay. Each step for each piece is more complex than before. Once you work up the idea to something tangible and work out the bugs, you move to the next piece. Then you fit the pieces together. All the time you are making notes as they come into your head and constantly updating your drawings. Make a list of parts, In this case it sounds like the beginning is this "spine support'" thingy ? Take it apart in your mind and begin at the bottom. Document everything.

There are phases to design, modeling and construction. Go step by step.

Need a place to work, work bench, tools, materials. You see this isn't easy.

Sometimes if you have a friend with a garage and tools and another friend that can draw and form a team you can work together on stuff.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

EmittsrifEhtrof
I have a lot of IDEAS, but i have no way of going about it.I don't understand how to really start creating it. But its in my head and i can see it working.

edit on America/Chicago0940303056Sat, 21 Sep 2013 15:40:56 -050040fAmerica/Chicago by EmittsrifEhtrof because: (no reason given)

I also was thinking, if there was a way to extract moisture from the ground. something small you could fit in an emergency kit, or a backpack. and when your out long or get lost you can stick it in the ground and let it burrow with tree root like structures that pressure suck or something
edit on America/Chicago0946303012Sat, 21 Sep 2013 15:46:12 -050046fAmerica/Chicago by EmittsrifEhtrof because: (no reason given)

Learn auto-cad or some other type of computer aided drafting software. Sometimes ideas seem like great ideas until you actually create a working design using technical software. There are many weird properties in science that come into play when you test them. At least from what you've stated here, the ideas sound like they would not work beyond a science fiction novel. Again, the best thing you can do is learn drafting software so you can legitimately create a blueprint of your design. Also having having a strong knowledge of physics, mathematics and chemistry helps in using the software. This also helps you go back and change elements that don't work during testing. I hope this helps.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

intrptr

I don't understand how to really start creating it

We really don't either if you don't tell us what it is...

You stick him with logic, and we'll snaffle up his plans, meet you around the corner at 5pm.

Boy oh boy we're gunna be rich, rich I tell you!!!! *rubbing hands*

OP... .. If you're intending a shirt that helps immobile people with spinal injuries to move, it's already been done. One of those funky Japanese robot dealios.. exoskeleton type thing. Whack it on and hey presto, instant superman!

www.dailymail.co.uk... tml

A robotic suit that is worn as an exoskeleton and can be used to help disabled people walk again has received an EC certificate from the German safety monitoring agency.

Able to leap small ant mounds in about 3 minutes. Capable of bending pure steel in a little bit longer. Can't...sit....down....at....all... Ever!

But if it's going to help old lady Boans up the road get fluffy her whiskettes, I'm all for it!

Now, your water extracting doohickey.

They've done that too.. Maybe not portable. But they've got huge contraptions in some deserts now, inside big bill boards, that is really a big fridge motor. Sort of. Or an air conditioner motor. Almost. Solar powered so all day it stores magical trickery, and at night, hums and hums converting the humidity into litres and litres of potable water.

phys.org...

A billboard in Lima, Peru, created by ad agency Mayo DraftCFB in collaboration with the University of Engineering and Technology (UTEC), captures the air's humidity and turns it into potable water for Lima residents. Lima is referred to as a "desert megacity" where many residents cope with inadequate access to clean drinking water. The agency and university formed a team to produce what they refer to as the first billboard that produces drinking-water out of air.

Read more at: phys.org...

ATS, on a side note - I shake my head. Everyone is posting how orsum it is to print out weapons and how to continue to have the option to hurt people, because the law says having things that hurt people, if you're a bit dopey, is probably a bad thing. And instead of seeking things that help, we look at how to continuing our hurting methods in more and more sneaky ways. So in all that noise, I never heard f this before, 3D printer helps print out 'helper' arms for a little girl.

www.geek.com...

Something I'd have thought would have been put before the 900 times someone posted a "Look gais, printing your own guns is fun! pew pew *explode* I need someone to print me a new hand, ploix!"

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

winofiend

You stick him with logic, and we'll snaffle up his plans, meet you around the corner at 5pm.

Boy oh boy we're gunna be rich, rich I tell you!!!! *rubbing hands*

OP... .. If you're intending a shirt that helps immobile people with spinal injuries to move, it's already been done.

Usually the first way mankind utilizes great technology is through war.

edit on Sat Sep 21 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Quote Crash Course

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

EmittsrifEhtrof
reply to post by Rikku

you know what your right. sorry people of ATS for being stupid enough to actually ask a question. sorry Rikku the cat dresser, i will miss you

btw this in rant so don't be over cynical please and thank you
edit on America/Chicago0930303053Sat, 21 Sep 2013 15:30:53 -050030fAmerica/Chicago by EmittsrifEhtrof because: (no reason given)

Holy hannah. You just used "Cat dresser" as .. an insult?

I see where this is leading...

Evil genius in the making... And in the footnotes, it will read "It all started that fateful day on ATS when no one took my plans seriously....."

Oo

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

Weve got plenty of war... not enough little kids with usable arms.

Lets get working!!!

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

*scribbles down your notes and goes to Google for the nearest patent agency*

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

No problem. You can start by writing your idea down everything about it. Eliminate the wants and then you have a list of must haves. Make out an outline of schedule and set realistic goals.

One of the best kind of tutorials read a tutorial on the process of making a game from concept to finish. This will give you a huge insight into the creative making process that produces results. Where to start and how to stay on track and the many pitfalls of thinking rather than doing this is an industry where that is the most common occurrence.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

winofiend
reply to post by OrphanApology

Weve got plenty of war... not enough little kids with usable arms.

Lets get working!!!

I didn't say that the status quo is ideal, simply that it's true. Most revolutionary inventions first uses were murder and violence(war).

-Canned goods
-Atomic Power
-Knives
-Wheels
-Bronze
-Steel

The list goes on and on. T

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

I just want you to know I never said a thing about war. What I said is meant to help.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Never stop coming up with ideas. Everything you see in the world came from an idea.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join