It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I did meditation and these symptoms have happened twice now

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Are these normal and good symptoms during meditation:

So these symptoms arrive after I have started meditation. My vision goes little bit purple and then it goes pitch black. After that my eyes will start to flicker and they try to roll upwards towards my brains. After that my whole body feels like electric sensation which feels really really good. And also I feel this pressure inside my forehead. It feels like my forehead muscles are doing some work. Or there is something activating inside my forehead. I think this is over pretty fast, like in 2 minutes. Especially if my mind starts to wander or I start analyzing it.

So I would really appreciate if anybody can relate to these symptoms and mayby guide me forward

Sincerely: Rhinestone Cowboy
edit on 21-9-2013 by RhinestoneCowboy because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-9-2013 by RhinestoneCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by RhinestoneCowboy

We are not doctors here on ATS, hopefully someone has more experience with this but, no, I wouldn't say that is normal or good.

Are you breathing properly, not too shallowly or too deeply?

(somewhat concerned)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

"Clear your mind, Obi Wan."

The symptoms are not uncommon. However, before you begin meditation, you need to clear your mind, and have no expectations of them returning, or not returning. Whatever happens. Happens.

ETA: Don't treat meditation as something you do. Treat it as something you become. Still. Quiet. Relaxed. Be a passive observer of your thoughts. Don't try to stop them. Don't try to feed them. Let them be.

edit on 9/21/2013 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Sounds like you tried too hard and activated convulsions. I Hope it was fun..

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Good job, you're on the right track.

Try not to analyze your experiences too much. Just go with the flow. Your third eye is opening and being activated that's why you feel the pressure in your forehead. The purple that you see is the portal to the astral worlds. Next time you see the portal, focus in the middle and you will begin to see people, landscapes, entities and other interesting visuals. The "pleasant orgasm" that's what I call them, is your sexual energy (kundalini) rising to your higher chakras, thus activating your higher senses. You may very well astral project with the way you are progressing...*thumbs up*

Please let me know if you have further questions during your journey..

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
All I did was lie still without moving and breathed calmly and deeply through nose. Also yes I did only observe. I did not visualize anything, just tried to clear my mind and let the things come to me. Ok so convulsions mayby? Can any meditation people verify this? I think that I didnt push myself too hard at all. Just relaxed and breathed with calm pace.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Ah I almost forgot. Yeah this is kinda funny. But when I felt this really good sensation in my body (like electric pulse) I had a mild erection at the same time.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

RhinestoneCowboy
Ah I almost forgot. Yeah this is kinda funny. But when I felt this really good sensation in my body (like electric pulse) I had a mild erection at the same time.

OK, TMI

I feel better having some folks reassure you that your reaction isn't an immediate concern.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I think it is normal. I personally don't meditate with my eyes open. I listen to a recording of a meditation that takes me step by step from head to toe, each step you can feel your body tingle. It goes on about happy places and such... once I get to that certain "state" my consiousness ( or subconsiousness) starts to fly, and I am gone to ...anywhere and everywhere. Kind of crazy stuff, but man, it helps alot. Enjoy your travels. Happy Trails cowboy.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
does that say minus one flag? 0.o

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
flagging issues cannot tell if accidently flag so reflagged and seen the minus
if modes can help please do.

edit on 9/21/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Biigs
does that say minus one flag? 0.o

Um, yeah, that's a bad omen right there...

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I as well think youre fine and just learning to tune in.

Also? These are not "symptoms" of anything...but are "indicators OF" successful meditating...

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Yeah I think it's pretty normal for meditators to experience these things - especially when starting. The body and mind don't like to "sit" for extended periods of time where the focus is away from thought and more on letting the sitting happen - simply paying attention without having to analyze anything or create internal dialog about it. I think this makes us surprised when we slow down enough to suddenly notice all the sensations and feeling we might not have been aware of before starting a session.

It's like you're an ocean and all the "stuff" (external and internal "things" including internal thought) floats around you. The longer you focus on a space between you and the "stuff" the stronger these sensations may become, in my experience, sometimes teaching you how to make that space "bubble" to stay with you for longer periods of time before the "stuff", which has it's own inertia, starts over again.

There are periods of this, having sensations, and periods of going "hard" where these sensations will diminish or totally stop for some time (months, days, even years) - like plateaus (I doubt there is an end to that really). After all, I don't think the goal is being enamored with such sensations while meditating - that's just mind occupation with the "feelings" and it defeats the purpose of not analyzing and create space (like you say - it vanishes when you focus on the sensations themselves). It pops the space bubble, in other words.

I don't believe sitting with your eyes closed is paramount to achieving anything through meditation - but I do think physically sitting is a good place to start before you attempt any form of standing or walking meditation.

The technique doesn't really matter, I think, in most cases unless the technique is activating excessive thought or mind occupation - this should be avoided IMO.

Personally I used to focus on breathe but found it increasingly difficult to focus only on breath (lot of "space" gaps for me using breath). I've been experimenting with holding a simple, static image in place (like a single candle flame) - it works for me and helps establish a clear space faster and stronger.

People ask my why I meditate and I just tell them it's like taking out your "trash" every week - except it's a daily thing. It creates space between "stuff" and "thought". It refreshing, sobering, boosting creativity and critical thinking ability (in my experience) and literally feels like taking a weight off that I might not have noticed I was carrying before.

I could talk a lot about it lol

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Thank you for your kind replies everyone. I will continue my path of meditation! And report here if I experience new or stronger things!

Sincerely: Rhinestone Meditation Cowboy

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Purple vision and an erection? That, my friend, is classic sildenafil side effect. If it becomes painful and lasts more than four hours go to the ER.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

RhinestoneCowboy
Are these normal and good symptoms during meditation:

So these symptoms arrive after I have started meditation. My vision goes little bit purple and then it goes pitch black. After that my eyes will start to flicker and they try to roll upwards towards my brains. After that my whole body feels like electric sensation which feels really really good. And also I feel this pressure inside my forehead. It feels like my forehead muscles are doing some work. Or there is something activating inside my forehead. I think this is over pretty fast, like in 2 minutes. Especially if my mind starts to wander or I start analyzing it.

So I would really appreciate if anybody can relate to these symptoms and mayby guide me forward

Sincerely: Rhinestone Cowboy

Seeing some colour when you close your eyes is normal. Different people see different colours, nothing to worry about. Some older traditions may have insights into what these colours mean to you.

Eyes moving as they do is also normal as they have nothing to focus on when closed.

Now to the interesting stuff.. the electric feeling in the body is also normal for most people althogh they will describe it slightly differently.

The forehead feeling, that pressure, is also very normal and is easily enough understood. Consider where it is, on the forehead right where we have a front-opening energy centre (chakra). Most people have this area heavily blocked and can experience some discomfort when accidentally clearing it with meditation.

For me, and my old friend who taught me, the pressure indicates a desire for contact from an external source. The strength of the pressure will tell you how important the information or vision is. What you do about it is up to you. You can choose to open up and look at it, or ignore it.

I would think learning how you will open up to See would be the perfect path to take now.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

greencmp

RhinestoneCowboy

OK, TMI

I feel better having some folks reassure you that your reaction isn't an immediate concern.

It sounds like your on the brink of Astral travelling. The astral traveling chakra is in the sexual organs. Hence the mild erection. If not there is a mild dislocation between the Astral body and the physical. There should be a greater whooshing sound if you go all the way.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   

RadarOReilly
Purple vision and an erection? That, my friend, is classic sildenafil side effect. If it becomes painful and lasts more than four hours go to the ER.

HAha!
Luckily I dont eat any medication, but thanks for the viewpoint

Oldie
Seeing some colour when you close your eyes is normal. Different people see different colours, nothing to worry about. Some older traditions may have insights into what these colours mean to you.

Eyes moving as they do is also normal as they have nothing to focus on when closed.

Now to the interesting stuff.. the electric feeling in the body is also normal for most people althogh they will describe it slightly differently.

The forehead feeling, that pressure, is also very normal and is easily enough understood. Consider where it is, on the forehead right where we have a front-opening energy centre (chakra). Most people have this area heavily blocked and can experience some discomfort when accidentally clearing it with meditation.

For me, and my old friend who taught me, the pressure indicates a desire for contact from an external source. The strength of the pressure will tell you how important the information or vision is. What you do about it is up to you. You can choose to open up and look at it, or ignore it.

I would think learning how you will open up to See would be the perfect path to take now.

Sure I want to open it. That experience was so nice that I think im hooked into this thing now. The forehead pressure wasnt very discomforting at all. Do you think that the more I do meditation, the more stronger these feelings and visions will come?

anonentity
It sounds like your on the brink of Astral travelling. The astral traveling chakra is in the sexual organs. Hence the mild erection. If not there is a mild dislocation between the Astral body and the physical. There should be a greater whooshing sound if you go all the way.

Nice
Im so glad that I get these great advices and explanations. It also tells me that Im closer to finding the "truth". Havent got any whooshing sound yet. But I will definetely keep practising.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Oldie

I wonder how to do this? Open up and look at it? Is there any special things how I can achieve that? Or should I just keep meditating and then things will be revealed?

Sincerely: Rhinestone Meditation Cowboy

edit on 1-10-2013 by RhinestoneCowboy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join