It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intrepid's Metal and More Emporium.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Why do this thread? Why not?
I'm in my 50's. Been listening to rock since my parents introduced me to Buddy Holly. THE original rocker imo. There will be ALL kinds of music. As the title says, I mostly listen to metal. I came of age listening to:

Although my fav. band isn't metal:

I've got late teenage kids so staying current isn't a problem.

Or:

There will be some Canadian bands you probably haven't heard, unless you're from North America:

Some blues:

But mostly metal. What I'm most into now:

And a "twofer". Newish Canadian metal band:

That's it for now. Thanks to member Galadriel for this idea.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Let us not forget these monsters. Pantera, metal at its finest:

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Black Stone Cherry, heavy rock with a southern twist and worth a listen:

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Outlander - a lesser-known gem:

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Music. It's incredible. I am not a metal "fan" but my son was a death metal kid for awhile, so I heard a lot during his teenage years, awhile back.

Because of him, I was exposed to a lot of 90s music I would otherwise not have listened to.

I do like the old Ozzie, Metallica....and I do watch That Metal Show when I stumble upon it on the dial.
No one would suspect that I'd be watching that.

Off metal, I do enjoy Nine Inch Nails, Smashing Pumpkins, Coldplay, Marilyn Manson.

I am probably closer to your "age range" than I'd like to admit. Therefore, Led Zeppelin is one of my favorites, Floyd, Yes, Genesis, Alan Parsons Project, Roxie Music, Todd Rungren.(sp?), Blondie....liked a few 80s hair bands...Brian Adams stupid love songs...Really like Paul Rodgers (sp?) in all of his bands (Bad Company and The Law especially).

But I also like the old country songs -- from the late 80s/early 90s (Garth Brooks, Vince Gill, Randy Travis, Reba McIntyre era) and the early country of George Jones, Loretta Lynn era (which I listened because that's what my mom played on the "stereo" when I was little!) I can take small doses of bluegrass too.

Irish folk music, Native American music...world music...reggae....a little dash of salsa. Big band.

I'm actually starting to like opera music! And, I have discovered that those old crooners that Mom listened to (like Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, etc.) were really good. I hated them when I was young, but now I think they had great songs and voices. Huh. Who would have thought?

Am looking forward to seeing/hearing more metal clips.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I'm in my 50's too and love metal. I do listen to different kinds of music, but will always love my metal. Good tunes in here. Thanks!!

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

The two best things out of Canada is Rock and Beer. I love me some Molson Ice and Labatt's Blue

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Hello Trep!
Older "ahem,cough" generation here too.
I honestly can't stand listening to the 80's metal I grew up with. But the metal my kids got me hooked on...WOW!
So much better than ours.
Just a couple favs of mine...
Can't get this one outta my head like a bad earworm....

THIS is the song hubby and I crank up ...

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Here are a couple of videos for bands i like from different subgenres of metal...
Band = Song

Swallow the Sun = Cathedral Walls

Novembers Doom = The Pale Haunt Departure

Ihsahn = The Barren Lands
still amazing after all the years since Emperor

Katatonia = July

and to close this out...

Opeth = Blackwater Park (live)
This band is still up there as one of my top 3 all time favorites with Pink Floyd and Dead Can Dance...
That includes their recent stuff where no death vocals are used...
anyway..this song..from 6:05 onward ..gives me the same feeling hearing the opening of Black Sabbath does..

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

oh yea !!

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
OK, this is REALLY different but was looking for a laugh. Early 70's Ray Stevens. Have fun.

Did I streak? No comment.

And here's the original Modern Family:

That stuff is still funny imo.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Been listening to mushroomhead all of a sudden lately. Thought Id share.

Gotta have Dio when you mention metal... though he should have sacrificed his video guy to satan.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
No metal again. Just rockin out. Otherwise know as Jamming. I love songs like that.

Maybe the best rock tune EVER. This is jamming. From the 70's:

From the 90's:

Adding this one because Pearl Jam got to jam with the Grandfather of Grunge. Canuck Neil Young. And the pups can't rock like the old man:

New:

If you can't rock out to these tunes you better go back to country music(my absolutely hated music. There's a couple of tunes though). Thanks to everyone participating here.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
It's a music day. Time for 4M. Not 3M and their scotch tape. I mean 4M. Motorhead. Metallica, Megedeth and Maiden.

Motorhead is just so raw and awesome:

And many more. I even put Killed by Death on the playlist for my wedding reception 22 years ago. Many said it was the first time that they had heard Motorhead at a wedding.

Metallica:

And:

And many more. Just on that album. Maybe the best metal album of all time AND then the rest.... until the Black album. After that? Me'h.

Megedeth. Mustaine got turfed from Metallica early. Good move. Now we have 2 awesome bands instead of one. Conspiracy site. Conspiracy song:

And more. Just because:

And:

Maiden. Man what to do with this band. The original with Paul D'Anno I've already played. Awesome. Newer Maiden is just as good.

And:

That's 4M.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Exodus - Bonded by Blood (full album)

Metal church - Metal church (full album)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Sum41. A local band that had some international success, I went "M'eh." BUT this song was excellent. Metal? Depends. Political? Oh yeah.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I'm not a Crue(whatever) fan but this tune is awesome:

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Oh it's a George night:

And another:

edit on 15-10-2013 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Something old BUT awesome:

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Couldn't find the YouTube links but here are a couple of tunes I'm almost done with. Just need to master them and finish up vocals on a couple more. Maybe someone here will enjoy the songs...

blackironprison.bandcamp.com...
edit on 25-10-2013 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join