It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I feel like ATS is missing an essential forum category. May I voice my suggestion?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
There is something that has been bugging me for a really long time. Don't worry, it's not a complaint, it's not a criticism--just an opinion I'd like to voice and a change I'd like to see. Hear me out! Thanks.

It occurred to me that many of the threads I've written in the past didn't neatly fit into some of the forum categories. Many of my threads were posted solely for the sake of sharing information, or personal research into specific topics. Many of these were not of a conspiratorial nature whatsoever--just plain, old 'ignorance denial.'

However, many of my topics ended up in the never-fail, default "general chit-chat" category (usually placed there by my own hand, for want of a better forum choice.) I feel that placing such informative, researched threads in "general chit-chat" cheapens the importance and effort that went into making them...aside from the fact that "general chit-chat" doesn't really describe the tone and intention of such threads. Maybe I'm just splitting hairs here, but...

The obvious question is: why is there no "general information" forum? I think this would be a great place to put topics that people have spent time and effort researching simply to share information, and to compile related subject matter. It would kind of be the antithesis to "general conspiracies," in that, it would be for general information of a non-conspiratorial nature.

I always felt like such a forum would have been perfect for many of my topics and threads, but I find nothing of the like in any of the forum categories.

I realize it's a lot to ask for a new forum altogether, but I thought I'd make my suggestion nonetheless. Otherwise, where is the best forum for "general information" threads that aren't conspiracy-related, or mere chit-chat?

Thanks in advance to any addresses to my suggestion and question.

edit on 21-9-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Maybe you could name some exaples of threads you authored, which you think there is no appropriate forum for ?

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

H1ght3chHippie
Maybe you could name some exaples of threads you authored, which you think there is no appropriate forum for ?

I could do that. I don't think anybody would truly be interested in seeing my list. The fact remains that there is no place for general information threads of a non-conspiratorial nature, and I would really like to see a forum for that.

Thanks for your reply.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Agreed.

There's basic factual/research that doesnt quite fit many of the categories listed in forums.

General chit chat is over used, and not for the right reasons. I feel as though cooking and other forums of that nature should be part of general chit chat as they share that essence.

It's mind boggling that there is such forums but none for research. It would be highly beneficial to have a separate category to distinguish between what is actually just chit chat, and also where well written, researched threads should be.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Mentalistbee

Have you checked out the Research Forum? It's quite handy for that, although a bit structured and perhaps not quite what you had in mind? I could sure see potential with it if more people made use of it though. I don't think there is any requirement beyond what is stated there, in terms of anyone being able to do a major research effort?

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Hey Wrabbit! I see what you're saying and I expected to be pointed to the research forum. I was under the impression that the research forum was for collaborative efforts?

I still feel like there should be a forum for when someone has some nifty information or research to share..someplace for when science and technology, or ancient civilizations etc. just won't do. It doesn't have to be a voluminous, collaborative research project exactly, just some place for those misfit information threads.

It just seems so obvious to me: "general information." So, where is it?

Thanks for your input.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Not familiar with it unfortunately. However aside from research itself, I think as Narcoleptic mentioned earlier, general chit chat sort of cheapens the content I guess.

So even if it isnt purely some major research project, I think there should be a general topics for factitious info.

new topics

top topics

join