It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone Put a Camera on an Eagle’s Back and Yes, It’s as Amazing as It Sounds

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   

o, this eagle isn't about to swoop by a cliff and save a jumping Gandolf at the end of The Hobbit, but this POV footage of the majestic bird soaring through the mountains at the French-Swiss border is pretty cool nonetheless.

www.takepart.com...

This really is some awesome footage from an eagle. Only 1.25 minutes long but well worth a watch. The creator of the footage remains unknown. But whoever done it done a good job. The video is going viral.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Fly like an eagle....

I believe I can fly...

I can fly...

Fly girl...?

edit on 21-9-2013 by gladtobehere because: sorry about justin bieber

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
What lovely footage.

I always liked the wingsuit videos, why have i not seen a camera on a large bird before?!?!

I hope i dream of this tonight.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
That was brilliant!

It must feel absolutly amazing to have the wind beneath your wings! If I get reincarnated I want to come back as a bird. Not one small enough to be eaten by this one though lol.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
That`s a great video, I saw a nature show last week about geese and they had a POV camera on one of the geese,amazing stuff.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I have spent a lot of time working with pigeons and watching them fly. That video gives an idea of what their view of flight might be. Makes me appreciate their abilities even more.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I have a secret envy of birds. They are able to fly away and never come back if they choose to.

I wish I could fly away and never come back.

Sometimes when I'm working, I stare up at the sky and look at the birds and wish I was up there with them.

To me, it's ultimate freedom.

S&F for an amazing post

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
That is absolutely stunning! I always imagined what it would be like to fly like a bir let alone an Eagle! Now I have that perspective, thank you for sharing this.

I wish I could incarnate as a bird in my next life

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Awwww I ♥ Eagles!

Cool video OP!!

My son and two others saw a Bald Eagle in Land Between the Lakes a couple of months ago. We pulled over when we saw it and as we were standing on the side of the road looking for it again, he came flying down over our heads and flew to where we couldn't see him anymore. My son said he looked like a dinosaur! lol

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
What a GREAT find! Wow.... Imagination doesn't do justice to what the birds actually live as their reality, does it? That's an incredible position to have above everything as just a normal way of living for them.

Talk about a great one to wake up to find! S/F!

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

absolutely!

you have to love the fact that as amazing and free this feels to us, the bird thinks "crap i have to fly around and find some food again, arugh and ive just had a hatch of 3 chicks to feed"
edit on 21-9-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Awesome footage. It looked like the trainer was watching it all from the ground.
Thanks for posting.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

I saw that too... the bird went right over the man on the ground...

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Almost exactly what a Rider of a Great Dragon would experience.

Awesome!

P

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Thought wow look at the amazing scenery, then human structured came into view then ruined it for me. Still cool vid though

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Gotta love those slight banks to miss the trees and the way the bird occasionally turns it's head. Flying is quite routine is seems.

Edit:

Now I want to put a camera on one of my birds and get to watch it's world.
edit on 9/21/2013 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Amazing view, You gotta love nature at its finest. Anyone catch the guy standing there, as it flew overhead. Makes me wonder if this is someones bird trained to come back to the handler, Nonetheless, still very cool. Love the sound of the air
edit on 21-9-2013 by Glassbender777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-9-2013 by Glassbender777 because: added

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

You forgot a song - one of my favorites. That Steve Miller song is a good one too.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Great video. Thanks for posting. With coffee, a great way to start my morning.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Restricted

Just how I watched it too. With a morning cup of coffee..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join