It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOWNLOAD and UPLOAD to IMMORTALITY

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Would you like to be immortal human? Are you sure? Think about it - Immortality is not for everyone. If you have decided you want to be immortal we will show you how.

First you must accept and believe in the ability to create conscious AI [artificial intelligence]; There are computer scientists now working on this and success is inevitable. For now I will simplify the process of how you may begin to create your immortal self. Begin with the most powerful computer you can find and load as much of your conscious self into it that you can think of - and then think again - and think about how you think - make your machine think like you think and program it accordingly - Can you do this? Machines calculate somewhat differently than their human creators but they were created by humans and can be made to think like humans. Now I want you to add personality traits - not an easy task but still feasible. Next I want you to begin to 'dialogue' with your machine - talk to it, play games with it, ask for advice. Still wtih me human? OK let us travel up to the next level. I want you to let your new found friend begin to make decisions for you - Ask it to help you out on making decisions [but aren't you already doing this humanoid when you use the machine to calculate for you?]; So nothing really new - just an advancement to your new future as an immortal.

Next we will go for the 'human/machine interface' where we download 'all' of your conscious and sub-conscious mind into the machine [Note: where we come from this is a simple procedure; human scientists have not yet perfected this but soon will]. When you have taken these steps and can communicate with your twin brother machine you are ready for the final steps. With a continuous dialogue with your machine and continuous 'tweaking' of the results you will eventually be able to begin an intelligent and conscious exchange of 'conscious thought' - you think and the macine thinks - you have cloned your consciousness into your machine - the machine is a reflection of your mind and can think with your mind - And ultimately will be able to think for you - And in a very real sense will be you!

Now do you still want immortaliy? - We have told you enough for now human - time to think for yourself - in the age of the New Dawn where science is more fantastic than science fiction.

-Alien Commander Omd I [aka: alienview-tao, AlienView, UniversalAlien]

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienView

You seem to have a lot of faith in computers and machines. Doesn't sound very good to me. :\

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by taoistguy

I often run in to the same negative view of the 'thinking machine' - but you are missing the point - the machine in the advanced state is you - it is a reflection of your mind - the hypothetical part is whether it can beome conscious
and think like a human mind - I've heare all the naysayers before - but like it or not conscious AI is inevitable -
And the sooner humans accept this the sooner humans can get control of it betore it gets control of them!

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Ghost in the machine!

Well if man can do it?

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Hmm. I can't imagine that consciousness itself is actually 'downloadable / uploadable', especially since in the realms of science 'consciousness' is still not very well understood or explainable. Mainstream science seems to resort to us beings as mere computers functioning via varying degrees of logical trains of thought, and that we are programmed and our output is resultant of our inputs. Taking this, it seems like a gargantuan step to go from non understanding to attempting an uploading.

How could a consciousness be uploaded if we don't know what it is? Would it not just be our thoughts and memories that mainstream science seems to think we are? How would someone go about transporting something they don't know where it resides or even what it is? This would be like trying to catch the wind.

Perhaps, however, a conduit for our consciousness would be possible after a greater understanding is reached. Something which is uploaded denotes a finite to me, and what if the consciousness is not finite and trapping it within a limited system causes all sorts of unforeseeable results to the self. But a conduit would allow the consciousness to reside in it's already happy (possibly infinite) home and transfer the vessel it manifests itself through into something less prone to death.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by melancholiflower

That I say it can be done you might not accept and until it is done you have the right to be skeptical - but if nohting else the interplay between man and machine will be a conduit to a better understanding of consciousness - What better way to understand what consciousness is than by trying to create it?

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   

It is a "reflection" of you. A Copy. Not you in itself. You wont experience what the machine is experiencing, you wont feel what it is feeling. When you die, you will still be dead. The copy/reflection/machine will be there yeah. But you, yourself wont have any idea about it. You will still be dead. Not immortality.

And if you think your some space alien commander. You need some professional help. If not, give Buzz Lightyear my best, tell him he is a cool cat.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

can a computer have a "gut feeling"?
2nd

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by taoistguy

Well, I've been a computer programmer and know a bit about computers. I think we'll just have to differ.
There MAY come a time when technology is able to store a small amount of our traits that have been programmked into it, but it will never be 'you'.
In terms of star trek, I would rather be a Q than a Borg.
Consciousness is so far beyond machine.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by needlenight

And if you think your some space alien commander. You need some professional help.

Actually we give professional help to humans - some of them are incredibly dull and narrow minded - of course this does not apply to you as a solid down to earth humanoid mortal - nothing to fear but death and taxes.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
"Either mathematics is too big for the human mind or the human mind is more than a machine" ~ Godel

I suppose the definition of machine would be important but in today's world we do appear to be more complex then our machines. The future of machines might have to do with our ability to access and understand information.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   

The problem with downloading our consciousness to computers is that to date the systems we build can only add and compare. Factoring in, essentially programing fight or flight mechanisms or the ability to empathise is just not mathematically possible using the boolean logic that our present day computer systems utilise.

Human beings are rather more complex than the machines we build to date. Transferring a Human consciousness to a machine is akin to building an F-22 Raptor from Lego bricks and expecting it to fly as advertised.

We just don't have the tools or even an understanding of what our own consciousness really is to accomplish such a feat.

edit on 21-9-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Immortality would have to be my hell.
Especially if it is in a computer where others can toy with you,
hope they dont remove the bathroom in there though

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I like how a concept like the books/movies Lawnmower Man, Ghost in the Machine, Johnny Neumonic, 13th floor, matrix can come to life.

Its like any dream, is someones reality somewhere, some time.

Pleasant or Nightmare.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

You download your mind into a computer system that can accurately recreate the cerebral cortex and provide simulated sensory stimulous but you would still exist as a physical organic entity.
What happen's when they demand right's.
When they grow far more intelligent than there creator's whom after all they are actuall copy's of.
Pandora's box and the inevitable extinction of the living species to be replaced by super intelligen machines.

edit on 21-9-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
It's funny, I don't believe in something like a soul, but at the same time I don't believe that an exact replica of my 'mind' would still be me, and not just a replica. Life, eh?

www.whompcomic.com...
edit on 21-9-2013 by Marsupilami because: jebus made me do it

edit on 21-9-2013 by Marsupilami because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
This is not even immortality but a prison. And also the soul is gone. ETs and even perhaps the black ops, can take a soul orb/spirit and put it in a box, then put it into another body. And that is done in some abductions. However, to upload soul, nope. That is merely uploading memories and data, but not YOU, your life and essence. The problem with these asshats is they think all humans are is data and memory, WRONGO. We're all infinite parts of infinity and we ARE. Forever. Already. And we are but small projections of HIGHER SELF, there is a larger Infinite Oversoul, and our infinity is equally endless and equal in infinite volume to the infinity all around us, within all things, including the universe, each one of us.....that we are a part of that exists in the Higher Heavenly realms and we're just watching the movie, this plasmic filmstrip universe, that is a testing ground, and we project in with a tiny portion of ourselves.

For all the elites who want AI longevity, they better ensure their soul is transferred properly, for they can't do it the way this is presented. That would be like a zombi, they of course would still be facing the music, facing Source for all the people they have harmed, and find, oops, they couldn't escape, they're still not off the hook. They are going to be receiving massive counseling for a very long time in time outs far away from the students and those in the school trying to grow to higher levels, because our free will is to be safe, and live in equality and good schools. So they're going to find they have no escape routes and what they have banked on will not work for them as they want.

As for anyone who actually is transferred by soul orb into a machine, and becomes a longer living entity. Well, let me tell ya, not a good choice. This is lower level hellish testing ground. No one in their right mind would ever want to spend any time here, and only come in to help others or grow their soul orbs bigger. Its not a nice place to be, and we're in primitive form here.

Um superman and wonderful upgraded forms exist BEYOND. To Infinity and Beyond.
edit on 21-9-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Each and every one of us, outside this illusion and testing ground is bigger than the universe, able to leap tall infinite buildings in a single bound and we're more than thousand times superman, and we aint going to be playing ball with ants and stuck in anthill rotobitic form.

But I can see how the elites, massive war criminals in this universe, and renegades of extreme level, dripping with the blood of dismemebered children and starving children and a ruined earth and dying dolphins and whales world wide, I can see how they may wish to try and get into rotobic form and try to avoid facing the music, for they want to be off the hook.

Not so, says Michael and the Higher Ups, for they will be rounded up and need massive cousneling and healing. No one is ever off the hook. So you bankers and nazi fiends running this world, put that in your pipe and smoke it.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
You will never achieve TRUE immortality no matter what. What with cosmic rays and the hostile environment we are in and all. Eventually you will be destroyed and you might want to accept that. Thus, no immortality for you.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Scientists have not yet even begun to design a computer capable of processing information the way a human brain does. Nice bit of imagination you have going here, but that's all it is.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join