It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Enchanted Forest

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   

This thread was inspired by our resident faery: new_here. Seeing that we both come from a different and enchanted realm, I thought I would invite others to visit us here. Step lightly through the twilight but be aware that though we live in light and love, darkness also resides here. You will never know who or what you may come across. There are faeries and elves and dragons and many wondrous beings and things. Do not be alarmed if a tree decides to speak to you. Some are very old and wise and inspiring, others can be quirky and playful. Some may enjoy leading you astray.

Most of our dragons enjoy people and I swear they will not eat you for lunch. Those that don't care for humans or other beings just keep their distance and keep to themselves.

There is much to tell but alas it is very late or rather early morning and this elf has yet to sleep.

Later there will be dancing and celebration of a new day dawning. Do join in. The elven wine is quite strong. Thought I'd warn you. The dwarves have a potent brew as well.

edit on 21-9-2013 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

What?

I drink the brew of the people. It is called budweiser, it is better than any other brew.

CHEERS!

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   

whouwanttob

What?

I drink the brew of the people. It is called budweiser, it is better than any other brew.

CHEERS!

We have that too.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   

I'll be damned if that isn't better than a monkey eating a peanutbutter sandwich. lol

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by whouwanttob

Hahahahahaha! Hey, it's the enchanted forest, anything can happen here.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   

are u flirting?

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   

whouwanttob

are u flirting?

Hahahahaha! You're new and I already love your sense of humor and posts.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
The D'Aunti Gnomes dwell in tree homes in the Emerald Forest, east of the Sathoon Clay Banks. They are a warm and friendly people, although they are nervous about strangers. It is said that their woods are protected by pixies who lead untrustworthy travelers astray, allowing only those of true heart through the thorny briars and mucky ponds surrounding the thickets which guard their sacred tree village of Tenya. What few brave souls who manage to find it are welcomed, with caution, but if fair in temperament and gentle in spirit the kindly D'Aunti Gnomes will welcome you into their homes and may feed you a bowl of mushroom soup or a cup of gemleaf tea.

It is said that normal folk sleep very deeply while visiting Tenya, sometimes for an entire day. One does not become dreary however, but more sharp while awake than usual; their senses heightened so much that they can hear all the birds churping, the white squirrels leaping through the trees and all the exotic scents carried in the air, not to mention the feeling of presences which come and go. However, no foul ghosts or entities of any kind are said to haunt these woods, and the village of Tenya is a safe haven for those who find themselves welcome there. No one knows what the D'Aunt Gnomes look like, other than relatively Gnome-like, as they ask all their guests not to tell anyone in the outside world and no one has ever betrayed the confidence of the kindly people who dwell in that mystical wood who trusted them stay.

On the outskirts of the Emerald Forest lies the Sathoon Clay Banks, once home to the now-extinct Sathoon giants who once dwelled there. Their ancient god, Gathri, guards these lands. He speaks with the trees, the animals, the pixies and even the plants and insects. It is said that he can speak many languages and holds great wisdom, understanding and patience. He has little respect for impatience or disrespect however, and those who slay scared animals or chop down old trees in his land are oft said to disappear due to Gathri's keen eye. It is said that he can see through the eyes of pixies, sense movement by the roots under the soil and hear through the ears of many critters who crawl about the bushes and dirty puddles in his land.

If you ever happen upon Gathri and are terrified by him he will likely laugh and ask you what's the matter. One of the few things Gathri understands is fear, for he is immortal and to him all things are a part of nature and life and death is a repeating cycle in which there is no sense in fearing anything for all things are part of a greater, mystical whole which changes as it wills. Gathri is one with the eternal moment and so if you converse with him you'd better. be. prepared. for. a. long. and. thoughtful. dialogue.

I have spoken with Gathri and I have traveled the Emerald Forest. On one foggy night, I even thought I saw the tree village of the D'Aunti Gnomes. Perhaps one day I will find it and the pixies will permit me to enter.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Night Star

whouwanttob

are u flirting?

2 me that is "yes".

lol

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneCloudHopper2

Ah yes, mysterious and intriguing beings to be sure. There are many more mysteries residing in the enchanted realm. Hard to get bored here for sure.

Ok, I really am going to sleep now. Hope to meet more of you tomorrow.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   

whouwanttob

Night Star

whouwanttob

are u flirting?

2 me that is "yes".

lol

I'm probably way too old for you! Ok seriously I am going to bed NOW! See you all tomorow.
edit on 21-9-2013 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   

bye. g-night.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Oops.

edit on 21-9-2013 by taoistguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by taoistguy

This is a great thread.

Here come the Nac Mac Feefles...

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Whew! Sorry I'm late... but geez, you have no idea! Look, remember the drunken dwarf fiasco? The jeep they highjacked is still at the top of the live oak, and now the band of dwarves south of the lower creek has highjacked a fully stocked Budweiser truck that pulled up to Uncle Bill's Still on the Hill at whouwanttob's request. To date, it is unaccounted for. Look out people!!!

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneCloudHopper2

I have spoken with Gathri and I have traveled the Emerald Forest. On one foggy night, I even thought I saw the tree village of the D'Aunti Gnomes. Perhaps one day I will find it and the pixies will permit me to enter.

Have you tried asking the D'Uncle Gnomes? I hear they're a lot more laid back.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

Indeed. They rest in the Dreamy Hollows of Reskoon Valley, smoking pipes and drinking ale. A goodly but languid bunch. A High Elf elder once descried them as "the derelict of the woods; too lax to bother with alders and branches, they lie upon grassy floors and gaze at the sky until their minds melt and their eyes dry. Never have I met a lazier people than the D'Uncles, and oft I've pondered in search of why."

If it wasn't for the vast riches stashed inside their burrows, dug by their forefathers in the days when their people mined with the Eastern Dwarf clans of the Sleepy Isles, the D'Uncle Gnomes would have to work for their goods. Unlike Elves, who spend much free time charting unknown lands, drawing up marvelous architectural plans or creating beautiful works of art, Gnomes are a simpler folk who enjoy chitchat, dance and music. The D'Uncle Gnomes however can barely be bothered with idle chitchat and consider it a silly waste of breath which could be better spent puffing on a charming heirloom pipe.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by taoistguy

Ooooh they seem a rather disturbing lot. I bet they just love mischief. Do not allow these beings to be your neighbors or you may find a few missing.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

The council of the elves of light made their yearly treck to the wizard's great library. Each year they discussed the every day problems of the realm and sought to solve them.

Upon entering the ancient chamber, they noticed that something of great importance was missing....the great wizard himself.

The elves looked from one to the other wondering what could have happened. Had they suspected anything was wrong they would have consulted the Qeen's oracle before taking their journey.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I have found some magical beings are very elf centered, while others are very elf conscious. Some are very generous while others quite elfish. But I would never want them to ear me say that.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join