It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Did Something Stupid...Now I Am Scared...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   

PtolemyII
Screen all your calls for a while.Let them go to voice mail, and forget about it.
Texts too.
And don't ever give out your address.

Good advice

if you want to remain single forever anyhow.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Remember back in the day there used to be books that had phone numbers and OMG names and addresses for the purpose of getting in touch with people.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
If that's all it takes to scare yourself, then you got a problem.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Yep, I wouldn't be scared about this. They might turn out to be nice and you have interesting conversations. Or they might turn out to be boring and you never have to speak to them again.

Either way, nothing ventured nothing gained.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   

A dating site?
reply to post by FlySolo

No...It was a site related to finding treasures and panning for gold in the local area where I live VIA Facebook.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
If you are using android - under settings go to blocking it will allow you to set who you accept calls / sms from along with what hours of the day you want to recieve calls. Or theres apps you can download and install that will do that as well. Cheaper and easier than getting new line .
Never give out number to people online.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   

How's it goin baby...I finally found you
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

Your funny...and its this ATS warped humor that relaxes me that keeps me coming back for more abuse...haha...

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Block his number when he calls ... or change your number. Both are easy.

I gave my address to two people here ... and my phone number to one person. My email address to about five people. It wasn't until I'd been here a few years and got to know them well enough that I was comfortable doing so. So far .. none of them have wonked out and made me regret it.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Hiya Shells,

Mistakes like that can happen.

I wouldn't worry about it.

reply to post by Rodinus

Thank You...I was feeling like a total idiot...I watch that catfish show...I know better than to just give out my number so readily...I was bored...

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   

If you get any strange calls, ring your provider and get them to block the number.

That or get a new number.

reply to post by SilentE

You know I do hate to pass the buck but sometime ATS can get me feeling a little jumpy(in a good way)kinda like seeing a scary show...any how I was not so afraid of him having my phone number but now thanx to technology he can also know where I am right? the GPS in my cell phone???

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by shells4u

if he works for the FBI yes he could triangulate your location. but in reality, no he cant find out your address.
he hasnt called you yet, why are you assuming he is a serial killer?

its easy to not answer a phone. you shouldnt worry, but also you should not give out your number to strangers.

edit on 21-9-2013 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

I still have the old side flip phone...lmao...my daughter bought me one for Xmas and I couldn't use it here in Montana because it was a used phone from one of her boyfriends buddies that bought it in Saudi...I guess it lost something in translation...the guy at the phone store said it was a very nice expensive quality phone but that there were no providers that could adapt...WTF...screw those androids...too complicated...for me anyways...

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Just relax shells. If his phone calls are unwelcome then tell him to step off.
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

You are right...We had a good conversation...But he tended to kinda scare me a little because he mirrored everything I said in the beginning of the conversation...like...Oh yeah I too live in a house where someone died right before he moved in as well...and...The guy that mows the lawn across the street also had like my lawn mower guy across the street issues with letting go....then he started telling me about all the deaths that has been happening here...and that there isn't a house to be rented in the whole town where someone has not just died in it prior...I liked his voice though...and he is very alternative in his thinking...Maybe you guys have tricked me....lmfao

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   

If that's all it takes to scare yourself, then you got a problem.

reply to post by spartacus699

Ya think???? LMAO

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Block his number when he calls ..
reply to post by FlyersFan

I don't think that would help me...It is too late the call already happened...I am fine I will be more careful in the future..maybe I should purchase a different phone to do this on in the future, I guess it isn't such a bad way to get to know someone...better than the alternative...like a bar...I am just probably jumpy because of all the death that's been around me my family and the news and now apparently this little town I find myself living in...

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   

why are you assuming he is a serial killer?
reply to post by Rikku

anxiety...have not trusted humans for 5 years...

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Look deep within yourself and question why you did this foolish thing. I suggest too...change your number and don't ever give out your personal information to anyone; that you do not know in person first.

Unfortunately in this day and age of information; if someone wants to find you; they most likely will.

Be careful and stay safe; do not trust so easily.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I wouldn't worry about it too much. At all actually. Women give their numbers to men all the time online. Maybe not from the site you did from but dating sites. ALL the time. And the reason women hand out their numbers online is so she can google the man's name right after they call. This is the age we live in now. Don't listen to the paranoid nail biters here.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

caladonea

Look deep within yourself and question why you did this foolish thing. I suggest too...change your number and don't ever give out your personal information to anyone; that you do not know in person first.

Unfortunately in this day and age of information; if someone wants to find you; they most likely will.

Be careful and stay safe; do not trust so easily.

Why would you unnecessarily suggest to change the phone number first thing? Depending on her contact list, that could really be a pain in the arse for everyone. That should be a last resort

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

You and I can agree...to disagree on this issue.

My opinion is...a person changing their phone number and taking the time to give the new number to others that they want to have it; is a small price to pay...for SAFETY.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join