It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Did Something Stupid...Now I Am Scared...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I gave out my cell number to a man on the internet...not from this site but from another site...WTF...This just happened and I regretted it the moment after I hit enter...now its too late...This just happened any advise...please???

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by shells4u

A dating site?

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   

How's it goin baby...I finally found you

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Hiya Shells,

Mistakes like that can happen.

I wouldn't worry about it.

However, if the guy starts calling or texting you non stop the only advise i can suggest is changing your telephone number.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   

edit on 21-9-2013 by whouwanttob because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
If you get any strange calls, ring your provider and get them to block the number.

That or get a new number.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Just relax shells. If his phone calls are unwelcome then tell him to step off. If he starts harassing you just get a new cell number.

Honestly, I think most of your uneasiness is just unwarranted paranoia. Don't panic until you have a reason to panic, that's my motto.

And on the bright side--I've had some of the most satisfying "pen pal" type friendships with cyber strangers. Be cautious, yes, but be open to the positive possibilities as well. Good luck!

edit on 21-9-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
could be worse you could of given him you home address . its only your phone number you must have some interest in the guy or you would not of readily given him your number.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Did you just give him your number or something more? Trade pics, or just send? Also if you gave him more personal information keep alert as to what you have told him. Chances are nothing will come to it, it is not bad to be a little paranoid, and it's something to learn for the future. He might be just lonely, or a perv, that is look for some excuse for a fantasy.

Most likely it is nothing, most of us younger generation have done that before, it could turn out to be something, but you know how much at risk you are more then we do, just go on your gut feeling, and take appropriate action.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Hey...

I gave my telephone number to this really strange guy here on ATS a while back... (you can find him lurking over on the coffee thread
:lol=

Can't get rid of him now... he even came over to visit us for a couple of days and squatted our place
... but i have no regrets...

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 21-9-2013 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   

shells4u
I gave out my cell number to a man on the internet...not from this site but from another site...WTF...This just happened and I regretted it the moment after I hit enter...now its too late...This just happened any advise...please???

If he calls, get weird on him.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

That was me you fool...your not that good looking.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

*sulks*

So you saying that i was a dead ringer for George Clooney was just to get a free Jamaican blue mountain coffee out of me

Warmest respects

Rodinus

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Exactly my point, Rodinus. Not everybody is out to get you! Sounds like you and Cody are good mates now.

It's not always a bad thing reaching out to people. And, well, you can't live your whole life never trusting anybody either.

My advice to shells is still to be cautious first, but to remain open to friendship.

edit on 21-9-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Hiya Narco,

Totally agreed

Warmest respects

Rodinus
edit on 21-9-2013 by Rodinus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Such an easy solution. Soon as he sends a message or calls just pretend you have no idea who he is, "Uh, looks like someone gave you the wrong number dude."

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   

..I'm pretty sure in this day and age everyone has given their number out online. I'm a dude though so maybe its different. Sometimes I get a call/text sometimes I don't.. I assume you're a female so you WILL get a call or text, but so? Talk to the dude, if you don't want to don't and ask him not to message or call. If its a stable dude he probablu won't (give him a break if he asks why - if he's just confused and not harrassing). If it is obvious he's nt going to stop block number or change it. It would take a real psycho for one person to make me change my number.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Screen all your calls for a while.Let them go to voice mail, and forget about it.
Texts too.
And don't ever give out your address.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   
If he calls or texts you and you have a smart phone, press and hold his number then select block :-)
Simples.

If you don't have a smart phone, get your provider to block him.
Good luck!

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Then again, what if he doesn't call you? -dramatic music-

so...you gave your number to some guy at a bar...oops, I mean some guy on the net..same thing. no big deal, treat it like any other person you would give your number to...if he call, I recommend opening with a "hello"..then see where it goes from there.

Pretty sure the conversation didn't go "I hate you soo much, your creepy and clearly mentally unstable...so here is my number.."

And if things don't work, well, treat that the same way..tell him to lose your number, if that doesn't work, block it, and worst case scenario, get a new number and build a safe room.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join