It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael J Fox

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
A couple of weeks ago, I commented to my wife that I missed seeing Michael J Fox on the screen (on the rare times I watch a screen beyond my computer). We both agreed that we enjoyed the characters he had played over the years. We were both, after that, a bit sad that the disease process would prevent him from making much of a return.

Then I see, just now, a commercial for his new show, "The Michael J. Fox" show. It is a sitcom that is going to air, where he plays the part of himself. A man with Parkinsons. Yes, there will be laughs at his expense. We all know it. And the laughs will range from smarmy and transparent pandering all the way to downright obnoxious and mean. All of it something he is willing to do, mind you.

If he can stay true to himself....good for him. Having a show discussing a disease that isn't really uncommon from a practical angle certainly won't do our culture any harm.

Welcome back, Michael J Fox.
It is good to see you again.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Actually, I've seen the previews and they look very well done. Not at his expense so much as taking advantage of the unusual circumstances of his disease.

I've always had a soft spot for Michael. He seems real in a way most Hollywood types most definitely are not. More power to him!

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

From the time I heard that Michael was coming back to TV it was a nice moment to understand that people with those physical and personality destroying diseases... I admire the Stephen Hawkins, the Physics and Michael that take the disease on with a determination to go beyond with class and dignity..
God Speed and Break a Leg.. Michael.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I've always like Michael J. Fox as an actor. I'm happy to see him back on the screen.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Really looking forward to this actually. Love his appearances in Scrubs and other shows.

I think humor is one of the best ways of dealing with horrific illness and despair, and its hopefully we will see that acknowledged a bit more outside of war movies etc ...

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
he's got millions of dollars he's sick and he still can't just retire. That's the definition of insanity if you ask me. RETIRE ALREADY!!! Let some new actors have a turn on screen instead of wasting up air time showing off your dicease to the world!!! damit!!!

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   

spartacus699
RETIRE ALREADY!!! Let some new actors have a turn on screen instead of wasting up air time showing off your dicease to the world!!! damit!!!

I disagree massively.

It's inspiring to people with illness that Michael J Fox can still work and be appreciated in all kinds of areas. Further to that, he is a person of wisdom and humor and experience who I respect very much. It was one of the reasons I enjoyed Breaking Bad, its nice to see the television deal with some issues that we all try to hide from once in a while!

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
He's a very talented fella. I'm glad he's going to be back on TV.

When he got diagnosed with his illness he went through the five stages of grief and he got feeling very sorry for himself ... turning to alcohol. I fully understand that feeling. For him to be moving forward like he is ... that's impressive and inspirational to me.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Good to see him back!

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

He periodically plays the part of parkinson affected lawyer on "The Good Wife" and does a good job.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   

I wonder if any episodes will include a Teen Wolf reference...

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

3n19m470

I wonder if any episodes will include a Teen Wolf reference...

Or Back to the Future.

He is an icon to a generation (mine). So I am sure there are lots of things like that which he could include to up the nostalgia factor.

top topics

join