It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman Justin Amash speaks out: "The Hidden Classified Briefing Most of Congress Missed"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
He signed the non-disclosure agreement on not talking about what he saw in the 3 hour intelligence document viewing but that didn't stop him from telling his story on how he got to that briefing and how it was more or less deliberately kept from congress.

Honestly, I'm just glad we have people like Justin Amash in congress. Gives us the inside scoop, obeys his oath to the Constitution, and explains every vote he makes through social media. We need more guys like him (www.facebook.com...)

Full story (which is high recommended) here : www.theatlantic.com...

They sent it through the "Dear Colleague" system. This is a system that, it's almost like a spam folder, frankly. Not everyone in Congress is signed up to it. And basically it's a system where you send letters to your colleagues -- will you cosponsor my bill, will you sign my letter, that kind of thing. Normally if you're getting information about an upcoming briefing or an upcoming document that's going to be available to members of Congress, you would get an email. An email, a normal email would come to you, to all members of Congress saying, "Hey there's a document that's going to be available, come stop by." But no, we got it through the "Dear Colleague" system. And the only reasons we noticed is because one of my staffers is silly enough to have this spam folder and look through it and she helped find it and she alerted me, "Hey we've got this document that's going to be available tomorrow, and it's going to be available between 9 a.m. and noon." And it's available between 9 a.m. and noon on the day when members of Congress are leaving to go back to their districts.

The only people who showed up at that briefing were the people I talked to. Nobody else knew that that was going on. Not a single person outside of the people I talked to knew that was going on. And we had to sign a disclosure ... an anti-disclosure agreement saying we wouldn't talk to any of our colleagues about what we saw.

You can see his vote explanations here:
facebook: www.facebook.com...
twitter: twitter.com...

I have the highest ratio of sweet to not-so-sweet tweets of any Member of Congress. I defend #liberty & explain every vote @ facebook.com... .

This article talks about how Amash voted no on the wrong bill and confessed on facebook, reveals the salaries of his entire staff on his website, and why he uses social media:
www.businessweek.com...

After a rapid series of votes on the House floor last September, Representative Justin Amash admitted to his Facebook (FB) followers that he’d inadvertently opposed a land use bill he meant to support. “I accidentally voted ‘no’ on the Grijalva of AZ Part B Amendment 4 to H R 5544,” he confessed. “I apparently confused the Grijalva amendment with the Ellison amendment before it.” Explaining his mea culpa, the Republican congressman wrote: “Being accountable means I let you know about every vote even when I goof up.”

edit on 20-9-2013 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Gah. This ranks up there with the mysterious amendment to a bill that occurred not long ago. Serious game playing going on with something this important is just disgusting. I'd like to sit all the involved parties in a room and then, give them the same kind of serious talk that I give my children.

Note I said my children because when they do petty little devious things like this, they're behaving like children instead of people who are in positions that are of the utmost importance in both our domestic and international decision-making.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Nice catch! (both of you and the staffer!)

I wonder what other meetings have occurred having been 'scheduled' in this manner. Clearly this was specifically designed so that the initiator can always say that they sent an electronic notification and have plausible deniability.

Sneaky $%?[#|Ωπ∂s!

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Sounds like the secret closed meeting that was held to institute the FED on Christmas in 1913.

This Govt. is so consistently corrupt that most people don't even realize how completely out of control it is. It's just business as usual.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Ummmm. So. Exactly what kind of document is only available to members of Congress, only for three hours, and on the day they're in a hurry to bug out of town?

The mind boggles.

This had to have been something *they* (whoever *they* are) had to post legally to Congress but didn't want anyone to see.

On his Facebook page, he mentions something about 'if you didn't know there was a moon base, you wouldn't know to ask about 'do you have a moon base'. Is he telegraphing something here, or what?

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I will have to go back and check, but I believe that an article on Blaze cited a hidden amendment in Obamacare that Amish warned us about last week. It is made to look like the Republicans voted no on the bill to pacify their constituents, but it is deceptive. I will try to find it.
edit on 20-9-2013 by Erica1631 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

signalfire
Ummmm. So. Exactly what kind of document is only available to members of Congress, only for three hours, and on the day they're in a hurry to bug out of town?

The mind boggles.

That is a great question and it sucks that we'll never know because the few congressmen that saw it signed an NDA.

I do know Rand Paul was talking about a classified briefing on drone strikes and he skirted around the NDA by saying 20-30-40 drone bombings but he forgot the "exact" number.

Knowing is powerful, I'm glad we have representatives that care enough to share what they can.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Hmmmm....

Am i the only one who thinks it is odd that in the same article he makes references to a base on the moon?

If the government -- in an extreme hypothetical, let's say they had a base on the moon. If I don't know that there's a base on the moon, I'm not going to go into the briefing and say you have a moonbase. Right? [Audience laughs.] If they have a talking bear or something, I'm not going to say, 'You guys, you didn't engineer the talking bear.'

Japan wants a moon base, Gingrich promised a moon base, rumors of a moon base have persisted for years. Why use that as an example?

I think he was telegraphing it in a fashion that would skirt the NDA he signed....

edit on 20-9-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-9-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

Yeah I knew it, especially when he mentioned the talking bears, then I knew it was all real... Or did he just insert that rediculous bit in order to drive away attention from his moon base comments, so people would say "oh, ok, obviously he's joking" but the one with the discerning mind will know to look more closely? Or maybe its a code for something else... They're worried about the bear (russia?) talking about the moon base they discovered that we were building. Or he's saying we've got a Russian agent willing to talk to us about what the Russians know about the moon base and hopefully, HOPEFULLY, he knows what they are planning to do about it.

Of course, this all went down a few months ago and we lobbed down that Russian meteorite that sent hundreds to the hospital as a warning and now the talking bear has gone into hibernation for a while, all planned for security reasons following the space strike. So Russia, frustrated that they have to pretend this is all nature's doing, begins to do the only thing left for them to do against an enemy they know they cannot defeat with force... They begin to seek the moral high ground on the world stage.

More shocking revelations to come...

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

WhiteAlice

Gah. This ranks up there with the mysterious amendment to a bill that occurred not long ago. Serious game playing going on with something this important is just disgusting. I'd like to sit all the involved parties in a room and then, give them the same kind of serious talk that I give my children.

A stern talking-to? Ah hell naw.

This is the group that is assisting in the wholesale looting of our treasury and real assets. This is the group participating in the destruction of the middle class. This is the group that think insider-trading is ok .... for them but not for us. This is the group that refuses to prosecute the Wall Streeters and central banksters. These people are the very worst of us.

I vote trial/prison, rope/tree. Or wood chipper. Take your pick.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

3n19m470
reply to post by Thorneblood

Yeah I knew it, especially when he mentioned the talking bears, then I knew it was all real... Or did he just insert that rediculous bit in order to drive away attention from his moon base comments, so people would say "oh, ok, obviously he's joking" but the one with the discerning mind will know to look more closely? Or maybe its a code for something else... They're worried about the bear (russia?) talking about the moon base they discovered that we were building. Or he's saying we've got a Russian agent willing to talk to us about what the Russians know about the moon base and hopefully, HOPEFULLY, he knows what they are planning to do about it.

Of course, this all went down a few months ago and we lobbed down that Russian meteorite that sent hundreds to the hospital as a warning and now the talking bear has gone into hibernation for a while, all planned for security reasons following the space strike. So Russia, frustrated that they have to pretend this is all nature's doing, begins to do the only thing left for them to do against an enemy they know they cannot defeat with force... They begin to seek the moral high ground on the world stage.

More shocking revelations to come...

It probably has more to do with the NSA than anything else. I think the comedic comments about moon base are just to drive attention away from those who might take offense to his very public comments.

top topics

join