It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting puts Chicago back in the spotlight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy said a mass shooting at a South Side park shows why assault weapons should be banned, saying it was a "miracle" no one was killed when someone opened fire with a high-powered rifle at a pick-up basketball game.

Mass shooting puts Chicago back in the spotlight

So here we got this "Top Cop" who says we should have assault weapons banned because things like this would stop obviously. I can't seem to get my brain to stoop to a level of such stupidity.

Police believe the shooting stemmed from an ongoing dispute between the Black P. Stones and Gangster Disciples, a law enforcement source said. It was not known if any of the victims were intended targets, but McCarthy said "there were members of gangs on the scene and there were gang members among the victims." McCarthy said at least 16 rounds were fired and there could be as many as three offenders.

"I think it was like an AK," said one neighbor. "Man, it was a lot of shots. Man, boom, boom, boom, boom, boom. A little boy got hit in the face."

Now let's do the math guys...it's gang related, I mean it's from Chicago what do you expect. Then this cop has the nerve to say this is why assault weapons should be banned...

When gangs all over the USA has thousands of guns. Mostly AK's and MAC 10's. Majority of them are full-auto (already illegal). So let's say we ban "assault weapons", how is that going to stop gang shootings when they already have them illegally? Is this guy just looking for attention or is he a complete moron?
edit on 9/20/2013 by semperfortis because: Copy the EXACT Headline

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

Just another "useful idiot" that parrots what his masters tell him to do! Hell, if his brains were dynamite he most likely wouldn't have enough to blow his nose off!

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Not to mention they already are banned in Chicago.... But that is never mentioned is it...

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

I totally forgot about that, thanks for bringing it up.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Actually most guns used by gangs AREN'T fully auto. It is actually very difficult to obtain a fully auto weapon in the country because they are illegal to produce and the ones that exist are highly regulated (and expensive).

As for the cop, let's start by taking away assault weapons from the police. Let's see how they feel about that.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

well they *HAD* to say something !!!!

Obama's house is about 3 miles East of where the shooting happened !!!

No kidding.

Obama
5046 S Greenwood Ave, Chicago, IL

Shooting
1809 West 50th Street, Chicago, IL

Look it up and see it's a straight run down 50th Street !!!

The shooting area is all gang and high crime.

The guns and bullets get shipped in by criminals.

Everything is illegal already !!!

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I don't know, maybe they should ban the gangs? How come its the guns taking the blame and not the criminals using them?

I seriously think we need a few tough laws on guns. I'm all for the right to keep and bear arms, but I feel if you get busted carrying an unregistered, stolen, or firearm that is not yours... life in prison. Hell they made 600 grams of marijuana a life sentence in Michigan.

I know it would be hard to write just because a group of legitimate hunters may have weapons in a buddys car or truck and don't deserve life but rarely do my friends forget their 9mm under my front seat.

And maybe if life is too harsh at least do away with concurrent sentences when guns involved.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Every "mass" shooting will be the reason for gun control until guns are banned.
And then order 66 will be issued. The criminals will then do what they like.

Guns have been banned in the UK since I dont know when, but criminals still shoot each other.
Ok admittedly the numbers of gun crimes is a fraction of the US's but they still happen, and will keep happening, and at the current rate will probably keep rising.

Guns dont kill people, criminals kill people, oh and governments kill people too, more people than anyone else actually, more than religion ever did.
edit on 20139America/Chicago09pm9pmFri, 20 Sep 2013 16:21:09 -05000913 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
You might want to add a C) to your questions. Is this " top cop " working w/ TPTB to rid Americans of their guns so they cannot defend themselves against a dollar collapse or (?) whatever Janet N. warned her incoming replacement of. (?)

I think most Americans that use common sense know that the bad guys are always going to get guns and that "we" the people will rise up against anyone who wants to threaten us or our family, and that we need to fight for our 2 Nd Amendment Rights for that reason.

The silly people that say.. " If your not doing anything wrong then you have nothing to hide so therefore... Let them have your guns" will be the ones that can't protect themselves or their family against evil both Foreign and Domestic.

People need to make sure they also teach their children what and why we have a constitution because I have a feeling the School System is acting in the interest of a corrupt Government.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

Your right, even when I was in school which was like 15 years ago. Our teachers always was against guns and taught everyone that they was bad and only criminals had them. Especially when columbine happened (I was in middle school) there was so much propaganda against guns it was crazy. I remember they made us stay in the gym an entire day watching a film about guns and what happened at columbine after all that happened. I can only imagine what they teach them today.
edit on 20-9-2013 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Evanzsayz
reply to post by tracehd1

Your right, even when I was in school which was like 15 years ago. Our teachers always was against guns and taught everyone that they was bad and only criminals had them. Especially when columbine happened (I was in middle school) there was so much propaganda against guns it was crazy. I remember they made us stay in the gym an entire day watching a film about guns and what happened at columbine after all that happened.

I feel sorry for the kids, they always propagandize the kids first. Im so glad I bunked most of my school days.
The indoctrination was nonexistent in me.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by tinner07

You realize that in order to 'outlaw' gangs, it would take a full military expeditionary force to enforce.

Chicago gangs have been present for 150 years.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Top cop: Park shooting shows why assault guns should be bannedreply to post by xuenchen

please define "assault gun"

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Top cop: Park shooting shows why assault guns should be bannedreply to post by xuenchen

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

tracehd1

The silly people that say.. " If your not doing anything wrong then you have nothing to hide"

Every time I hear people say that, I want to punch them squarely in the face.(ok i know its a bit extreme, but so is there stupidity)
Because something isnt illegal now, doesnt mean it wont be in the near future.
edit on 20139America/Chicago09pm9pmFri, 20 Sep 2013 16:50:16 -05000913 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

acacko

Assault weapons used to be only fully automatic firearms but now politicians seem to have their own meaning for it...now they say even a pistol can be categorized as an assault weapon.

Assault weapon is a political and legal term that refers to different types of firearms and weapons, and is a term that has differing meanings, usages and purposes.

See? So if they ban assault weapons, they could ban any gun they want.
edit on 20-9-2013 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I guess my biggest concern with our right to bare arms is:

If it was taken away - will the rest of our rights be meddled and tampered with to? Will the anti-USA'er's stand up and say, "Finally, it's time to make our move and claim the land against debt owed to us?"

It's those things I worry about. Not - can I protect myself from my fellow countrymen. Not can I still go hunting. I have a bat, crossbow - those things are not what I'm worried about losing.

I'm worried about outside influences that might be emboldened by a gun no longer being behind every blade of grass.

I don't know if that's a legitimate or groundless worry. We already caved on our right to privacy, right against unreasonable searches/seizures, and caved on the right to not be detained without charges, representation, or cause. So perhaps the constitution is already trashed and lost to us, and I'm simply in some state of cognitative dissonance.

As for Gang related violence - law enforcement as been letting that element of society work at killing THEMSELVES off - for decades.

CdT

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I don't think we're headed to banning guns. I think we're headed to banning people...

top topics

join