It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taboo Topics?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Hello there ATS. It's been a while since I've posted and I've been wondering why it is that one topic in particular has become taboo and has since day one.

I will not name the topic, out of fear of being accosted by staff. However, I am not attacking the site staff as I know that their job is difficult and thankless. I only ask why this has happened.

Mainly I am speaking of the thread by Helios on the front page and why it was moved to the LOL forum.

I saw no lies from the OP in this, merely justified speculation.

If any of our site staff is allowed to discuss this I, for one, would greatly appreciate it.

This site has been very important in my life in the last couple of years. It has been my main source of news. However, if a topic that seems as sketchy as this one is blocked, 404'd, or moved to LOL with no apparent reason like this one seems to be regularly, then I may be losing faith in this site. That is something I do not want to do.

Is not the purpose of this site to discuss conspiracies? If it is not, then why are we here?

To SkepticOverlord and the rest of the site staff: Please do not take offense at this as none is intended. I am merely voicing my biggest fear pertaining to this site and to our community as a whole. Please calm my concerns if you can.

To everyone else: Please, be civil. This thread is not to post your vitriol towards the site staff. Any comments bringing insult and undue speculation to the site staff will be reported by me if not by others.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dave_welch

This thread is about Lord Voldemort, isn't it.

Don't worry, Potter's got your back!

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I have an answer but I would rather refrain from posting it, because.... actually, never mind.

Here is a STAR and a FLAG for you.

edit on 20-9-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

beezzer

This thread is about Lord Voldemort, isn't it.

Don't worry, Potter's got your back!

WE DO NOT SPEAK HIS NAME!!!

Good to see you, Beez!

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Possibly because the vast majority of people consider that topic to be deeply offensive to the memories of dead children and grieving families?

The graves exist. The children are dead.

And I strongly suspect any website that hosts discussions to the contrary, making claims about how it was all faked and nobody died, may well find themselves having to defend themselves against a legal action in a court of law, brought by those same grieving families who might find the topic deeply offensive.

But this is just a guess.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Hiya!

The thread got me curious, but I have absolutely no idea what it is about.

(then again, that's never stopped me from posting elsewhere)

lolz

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Painterz
Possibly because the vast majority of people consider that topic to be deeply offensive to the memories of dead children and grieving families?

And I strongly suspect any website that hosts discussions to the contrary, making claims about how it was all faked and nobody died, may well find themselves having to defend themselves against a legal action in a court of law, brought by those same grieving families who might find the topic deeply offensive.

The day that someone in the US can sue me and win solely because they were offended (and not slandered or libeled) is the day I move to Mexico and swear allegiance to the Red, White, and Green.

That said, ATS likely just doesn't want to see silly tripe here. Like you say: the kids are dead.

There is a conspiracy there....but it isn't that it was faked.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

dave_welch
If any of our site staff is allowed to discuss this I, for one, would greatly appreciate it.

Because we will do our best to hold back the tide of the "cancer of insanity" that has infected online conspiracy theory speculation.

Patient Zero of the "cancer of insanity" is the attacks on NYC and DC on 9/11/2001 in the form of the now ridiculous and pathetic "9/11 Truth Movement." I was there at St. Mark's Church when the origins of the "Truth Movement" were just a few dozen concerned people frustrated with the government response. There was no insanity of bombs in the buildings, missiles, laser beams from space, or no planes... just questions as to how a citizen movement can force a better, more trusted, and more detailed investigation into how it all happened. There were even two investigative journalists from the New York Times in attendance -- now, no reporter would come near "9/11 Truth." Later meetings devolved into mad insanity as Nico Haupt began injecting insane theories and co-opting the conversations.

Today, fueled by the intensity of Alex Jones seeking ever more audience, the "cancer of insanity" sees ridiculous conspiracies in every tragedy. While as a principal, I don't mind that and fully support anyone's desire to explore the upper boundaries of extreme conspiracy ideas. However, as was seen during the Boston Bombing and Sandy Hook, the "cancer of insanity" brought "Truth Movement" type people out of every corner of YouTube, FaceBook, Twitter, and the rest of the "Internets" to make intensely libelous statements about private people who's only action was being involved with a tragedy.

We tried entertaining such discussions with warnings of not to post personal info. It didn't work. The bottom-feeding scum of society who embraced the "cancer of insanity" insisted on posted personal information of private people and speculate on the possibility of their heinous crimes. I can't tolerate that. No one should. It's shameful.

Such actions are so shameful that we people who are concerned with deeper stories and conspiracies have been painted with a massive and embarrassing scarlet letter by these faceless imbeciles embracing the "cancer of insanity" such that we cannot stand proud to the world with authority and say, "SEE, WE TOLD YOU SO" with regard to the NSA.

Does that help?

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

This actually made me go post in that thread. At the risk of repeating myself, when I have no idea on a subject I try to get information "from the horses mouth."

mobrien316 Moderator
Supporting Member L4
Verified LEO Join Date Jul 16th, 2005
Location Connecticut Posts 3,823

One of my detectives was among the first police on the scene that day, and I personally know many of the other first responders. The incident really happened. There was only one shooter. Lanza killed himself when he saw police at the scene. The mother had no connection whatsoever to the school.

Thread: Was S***y H**k a conspiracy?

RealPolice Forums

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thank you, SkepticOverlord for your reply.

Yes, it helps.

However, and this is just my opinion which isn't worth much, it seems that intelligent discussion of a topic, any topic, should be encouraged.

I understand that there are certain topics that can't really be discussed i.e. Narcotics. And yes, there are nuts that give us all a bad name. Should we not silence the nuts with reason and logic. When AJ shouts about fake planes or fake kids or whatever it is he's on about these days, should we not do our best to shout louder the more logical aspect of our arguments?

I understand that moderating such topics must be quite the trial and am in no way trying to say you're wrong in your actions.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Painterz

I understand that children died. That is not my point.

What I am addressing is that we don't seem to be allowed to discuss the many pieces of the puzzle that do not fit. There are plenty of us who would never claim that such a tragedy was a complete fake. We only wish to know the answers to our questions, just like everybody else.

What disturbs me is that so many are okay with not mentioning it at all.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

dave_welch
However, and this is just my opinion which isn't worth much, it seems that intelligent discussion of a topic, any topic, should be encouraged.

Discussion was encouraged. However, your reading of my post somehow failed to get the point across that it was the polar opposite of intelligent.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Spot on Skeptic. Granted I feel there was more to 9/11 then we were led on to believe that doesn't mean there should be every angle of some crazy conspiracy. Some people just need to sit back and think that sometimes crazy people do crazy things and not everything is a conspiracy.

Take the tinfoil hat off once and awhile and think about the victims involved...

-SAP-

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Thanks SkepticOverlord. Im glad we have some restrictions here with TABOO topics. It tends to keep us civil and on-point. Members should also realize that sometimes it is that very point about moderation and decorum that makes ATS one-of-a-kind.

Mysterioustranger

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Cancer of insanity lol, I guess I'm bat poop crazy, cause in my wacky reality wtc 7 sure looked like a demo job. In fact when put side by side with other demo'd buildings, they look virtually the same. I'm sick and tired of being compared to Alex Jones, I can't stand the guy. I hear more about no planes and no dead kids from skeptics, then from fringe conspiracy types.

The thread that was referenced in the op was a well written thread that didn't deserve it's fate, god forbid you censor individual posters for out of line comments. The main point of the thread was the fact that we are going on 10 months since that tragic day, and we have no answers, NONE! Apparently some people are content that the investigation results have been buried.

I have always made a point to be respectful to other posters regardless of their views, I would expect the same from the owner of a CONSPIRACY site.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
What I find deeply offensive is seeing unspoken written next to LOL. What's next? A 'Proposterous Misleading Suspicious Lies' (PMSL) forum for 911 discussion. Or 'Ridiculous Opinions from Losers' (ROFL) forum for those discussing the victims of chemicle weapens?

Could it not be called 'The Taboo forum with acess to only members.

Or at least advise on forums where it can be discussed openly.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

jaws1975
Cancer of insanity lol, I guess I'm bat poop crazy, cause in my wacky reality wtc 7 sure looked like a demo job.

Ah... the "knee jerk" assumption.

I never mentioned building 7, there is no ATS policy related to it. Why bring it up?

The thread that was referenced in the op was a well written thread that didn't deserve it's fate,

Probably not. Blame those who are infected with the mental disease.

god forbid you censor individual posters for out of line comments.

Didn't I say we tried that? Yes, I did... in multiple threads on the subject. It was a time-consuming game of whack-a-mole.

The main point of the thread was the fact that we are going on 10 months since that tragic day, and we have no answers, NONE!

There are many major crimes where law enforcement does not update the public on the progress and findings of investigations. In fact, they're under obligation not to until trial or the investigation is complete.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

You referenced bombs in a building as part of your cancer of insanity remark. I don't think that many would distinguish bombs from explosives. If you meant nuclear bombs, and not thermite explosives, then I can see where the misunderstanding was made and I apologize for that.

The frustrating thing for me is that during the heat of the Sandy hook debate all the skeptics were saying just wait for the investigation to wrap up. So we waited patiently, and after 10 months now we are being told that they aren't obligated to tell us squat. There will be no trial, Adam is dead. I highly doubt there is still an active investigation, this isn't a cold case.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

SkepticOverlord

We tried entertaining such discussions with warnings of not to post personal info. It didn't work. The bottom-feeding scum of society who embraced the "cancer of insanity" insisted on posted personal information of private people and speculate on the possibility of their heinous crimes. I can't tolerate that. No one should. It's shameful.

Redacted for space

Such actions are so shameful that we people who are concerned with deeper stories and conspiracies have been painted with a massive and embarrassing scarlet letter by these faceless imbeciles embracing the "cancer of insanity" such that we cannot stand proud to the world with authority and say, "SEE, WE TOLD YOU SO" with regard to the NSA.

Yeah Friggin' tell me about it!
Yeah those types of so called "Thuthers" makes me so sick! they are like proverbial cockroaches, Idiots like David Icke / Wilcock I call him David WilKOOK

Sick of the Bull crap it has to stop.
edit on 20/9/13 by fr33kSh0w2012 because: My Opinion added

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   

the simple answer is that Site leadership decided that after everyone lost their goddamn minds for the first month after the event that shall not be mentioned by name, that said event should not be discussed until a certain law enforcement agency completed, and released their definitive report on said event...

it was believed by site leadership that without facts, or at least "facts" presented by law enforcement, that there was nothing to be picked apart, but shoddy journalism, and a million different bits of information, some anecdotal, some well documented....

the paranoid answer is that the son of a bitches are in on it, and want to keep up from discovering the truth

jokes aside....i was assured, many moons ago, that once that report is released, the subject could be discussed again.....as long as people don't go absolutely goddamn insane again....

i don't really like the moratorium, because there are PLENTY of aspects of that particular subject that ARE well documented, and could be discussed in an adult fashion....but at the end of the day, it's their site, and regardless of how long people like me, or other senior members have been here, we still hafta follow the same rules you do....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join