It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kids: Don´t Work for the Government

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Around three years ago a colleague working at the same facility revealed to me in an afterhours meeting that he had purposefully been arranging his own death, and his advice to me was to do the same. We had been working on compartmentalised parts of the same project, but I had yet to acquire his intel, and he wouldn´t reveal anything more. Less than a month later I attended his funeral.

At that time there was a shake-up in staffing and part of the work that I had been engaged in was transferred out, so I could absorb some of my ex-colleague´s former duties. Not all, but some. I remember my wife asking abut another month later why I was having all these nightmares?

At this point, I would say I´ve absorbed about 80% of his former workload, and experienced about a 40% decline in health. The whole way I look at the world and life has changed, and unfortunately I´m now divorced.

To cut to the chase, there´s not a whole lot going on in the way of psych support because there´s no way I feel I can be honest during those psych debriefings, and what I´ve come to know now weighs heavily on my mind, especially since around 3 weeks ago I´m certain I saw my former ex-colleague alive and in uniform.

I´ve got to admit I´m at the point now where he was - but I can´t figure it out: did he tell me as a warning (to really warn me to get the hell out, in a box if I had to), or did he tell me to prepare me for what he knew was coming?

The worst part of writing this is I feel like I´m carbon-copying his behaviour.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
well as a bait post id say yours is one of the better ive seen. So ok, you got me on the hook...im intrigued.....mind expanding on the nature of the work you do so we can figure out if this is something the audience at large should be aware of and or prepare for?

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by instigatah

Yes, do tell, you can't leave us hanging (no pun intended) here!

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by the_journey_in

What happend with your friend and colleague is bloody unfortunate, and I am very sorry that you have been through that. What I would also say is that you ought to consider quitting the job you have. If people above you in your job try and intimidate you over it, break some noses and kneecaps. In short, assert your primacy!

What ever you DO end up doing about it, remember, you can be forgiven for destroying just about anything, except yourself.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Just be strong. What did you learn that made you sad? If you need resources about depression and what not PM me, I have a few places you can visit on the web that dont use your real name but allow you to talk about how you feel.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Sorry my friend

Not buying it, to go through all that and never post a thread on ATS ?

Then suddenly coming out with it as a first ever thread after 3 years on site ?

Nahhhhhhhhhh

Cody

edit on 20/9/13 by cody599 because: Crap at typing

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

the_journey_in
Around three years ago a colleague working at the same facility revealed to me in an afterhours meeting that he had purposefully been arranging his own death, and his advice to me was to do the same. We had been working on compartmentalised parts of the same project, but I had yet to acquire his intel, and he wouldn´t reveal anything more. Less than a month later I attended his funeral.

At that time there was a shake-up in staffing and part of the work that I had been engaged in was transferred out, so I could absorb some of my ex-colleague´s former duties. Not all, but some. I remember my wife asking abut another month later why I was having all these nightmares?

At this point, I would say I´ve absorbed about 80% of his former workload, and experienced about a 40% decline in health. The whole way I look at the world and life has changed, and unfortunately I´m now divorced.

To cut to the chase, there´s not a whole lot going on in the way of psych support because there´s no way I feel I can be honest during those psych debriefings, and what I´ve come to know now weighs heavily on my mind, especially since around 3 weeks ago I´m certain I saw my former ex-colleague alive and in uniform.

I´ve got to admit I´m at the point now where he was - but I can´t figure it out: did he tell me as a warning (to really warn me to get the hell out, in a box if I had to), or did he tell me to prepare me for what he knew was coming?

The worst part of writing this is I feel like I´m carbon-copying his behaviour.

Written like a scifi/mystery novel with no details given out yet still intriguing. Let me know when you write the rest of your novel, maybe then you'll reveal some actual information.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I know I'll regret this, but I am going to bite.

Where do you work?
What are you working on?
How did your friend die, specifically?
Who are you working for?

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

devildogUSMC
I know I'll regret this, but I am going to bite.

Where do you work?
What are you working on?
How did your friend die, specifically?
Who are you working for?

No you won't regret it

We enjoy a good laugh even on ATS

I'm looking forward to this

Cody

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I don't think our friend is even going to return to his/her thread. He is on ATS at the moment. I know I answer my threads when I'm on, but..........nothing yet, huh?
edit on 20-9-2013 by devildogUSMC because: revised

(post by cody599 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Hahahaha, absolutely.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

A searcher I call them is someone who never settles on anything. They are easy prey to cons and religion. Posts like this are like candy they can not refuse.

I am not a searcher and see threw this kind of crap thankfully.
Readers need to ask themselves if this seems legit? If the answer is yes you might want to rethink a few things.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

I think you need to search for the spelling of the word TROUGH.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

Obviously, we all know what this troll is full of. You can't think that little of us. This is an EO thread; ENTERTAINMENT ONLY.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

OP: Are you involved in Genesis? Would be interested to talk.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by genesisprog

OH CMON! Ok, what is operation genesis, I would love to talk. Or, are you just going to talk to your other name in private and leave us all out of your secret genesis project?
edit on 20-9-2013 by devildogUSMC because: added question

edit on 20-9-2013 by devildogUSMC because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

devildogUSMC
reply to post by genesisprog

OH CMON! Ok, what is operation genesis, I would love to talk.
edit on 20-9-2013 by devildogUSMC because: added question

Hey I really think this could be a good sci-fi story. It just needs a little tweaking and filling in. It could be called "Waldgeist"....

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

Let's steal it from him and co-write it together; we'll make millions.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
At least your opening was better than...It was dark and stormy night...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join