It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congresswoman Uses Steak, Vodka, And Caviar To Hammer Republicans On Food Stamp Cuts

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
You know, I am liking Speier more and more, especially since a recent move across the city put me in her district and helped me escape from that horrid puppet, Nancy Pelosi's district. (Thank God!!) Speier was also one of two congress members who stayed in the room to listen to Benghazi parents' testimony recently when all the other dems left the room. I guess they must have been hungry for their caviar.

Good for her.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Let me start by saying this; I don't "qualify" for food stamps right now, however I have in the past. Knowing how to shop does go a long way in feeding your family when you're in this government program!

I have 3 growing boys, a husband and myself to feed. Seeing as I don't qualify and having to stock my home with food for the 5 of us, I have a $340/mo budget (outside rent, utilities, one car payment, toiletries and misc.). I ave learned how to make it work. I had a fantastic garden this year that yielded, and continues to yield, enough fresh veggies to kinda get us by. I have green beans, peppers, tomatoes and corn frozen for future use. Additionally, I know that most grocery stores put their meats on sale Saturday nights in preparation for the fresh stuff they advertise in the Sunday paper ads. Also, my community has a couple "dent's and ding's" stores. I have found that as long as you check the dates you can actually get quite a bit of food that fits within the budget.

When you combine these factors, along with my husband and I eating 2 times per day, you can actually make it work! I could write it all down in more detail here (or just message me) if anyone is interested, because honestly it's quite a process, but well worth it if you find yourself in my shoes.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Sorry for not replying sooner, been working a lot lately..

Thanks for all the replies though!!

<< 1   >>

join