It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truckers to shut down US, protesting the trampling of the Constitution, viral, 50k likes in 4 days.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Zaph, I agree on fuel mileage. Yet, it remains we have zero shortage of oil reserves which makes fuel mileage a low priority and frankly, none of the feds business.

I'm sure the A.T.A. agrees with Obama on that issue as it forces the independents to buy these 160,000 dollar pieces of high-tech but terrible quality tractors. which they cannot afford in this economy, just to compete with the fleet/volume purchases of the big companies.

As fuel is the single largest expense of the transportation industry, many would be forced out of business.

Obama has far more pressing issues than the industry's "fuel mileage". Except he continues to pander to the lobbyists, in this case, the A.T.A. and the truck manufacturers.

Hear me on this, once the independents are no longer a threat with their higher speed and higher quality service, you will see a massive increase of "imported" drivers and carriers, all which will undercut your wages and benefits.

You can bank on it. It why I don't own any more.....

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The truckers have said that they did it for media attention and that they have no intention of acting on their strike.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I haven't read the read of the thread only the OP and some following responses. I know many truckers. They are the legitamate backbone of the country. The roads we drive to work on everyday are there job everyday. They delivery our good and equipment and help fuel the everyday lives that we behind computer screens take advantage of on a daily basis.

If the trucks stop. We stop. Them calling a hold on all trucking, hurts everyone accross the board, coast to coast.

I can't say I blame them.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

Can we see the link to you statement please , otherwise its just a figment of your imagination.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Zaph, sending arms to Muslim rebels while trying to disarm Americans seem, to me, something that even the generic left wouldn't do....well, I may have to take that back..LOL.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

The "truckers have said". is a just not accurate. There has never been a "voice" for truckers.

Unlike Zaph, I've met many union drivers. they tend to be freight haulers and local/regional companies.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by nwtrucker

Most people that claim to speak for anyone other than themself is often full of crap. Some exceptions to it, but not many.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join