It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CEASEFIRE : Syrian government says civil war has reached stalemate.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

The Syrian civil war has reached a stalemate and President Bashar al-Assad's government will call for a ceasefire at a long-delayed conference in Geneva on the state's future, the country's deputy prime minister has said in an interview with the Guardian. Speaking on behalf of the government, Qadri Jamil said that neither side was strong enough to win the conflict, which has lasted two years and caused the death of more than 100,000 people. Jamil, who is in charge of country's finances, also said that the Syrian economy had suffered catastrophic losses. "Neither the armed opposition nor the regime is capable of defeating the other side," he said. "This zero balance of forces will not change for a while."

www.theguardian.com...

Liking the way this has been going the last month or so, other than the fact that civilans continue to perish at the hands of all sides..

On a side note maybe Assad got his copy of gta5 and wants to chill for a bit..
edit on 19-9-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

Yes this is good news. My only concern now is if the big boys can't play nicely(Russia/U.S.) we're going to see a lot more firepower supplied on both sides over there soon.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the rebels decline the offer.
Not a fan of the Dictator but the rebels, as I've said before, are a mess to say the least...

I wonder how they will chop the country up and also who draws the border lines?

( I guess I'm jumping the gun a bit lol)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Time will tell, I guess. I wonder if Assad will step down or what... My realistic side still tells me that there is no way we supplied weapons to Al Qaeda since 2011 only to have peace in the region.. They are total outsiders, not even Syrian. Then we all saw our dear leaders suddenly foaming at the mouth pushing their attack blaming it on Assad..I still believe they want to attack..Let's hope the public continue to not allow it.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Don't get your hopes up. Unless our government was pulling a psy op on us ( and I doubt that) they want Assad and the gov out and they don't invest as much as they have without getting what they want.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
"Alright, guys. We've reached a stalemate. Neither of us has the capability to defeat the other.
...you should give up now. For the sake of Syria."

- Assad

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

canucks555

The Syrian civil war has reached a stalemate and President Bashar al-Assad's government will call for a ceasefire at a long-delayed conference in Geneva on the state's future, the country's deputy prime minister has said in an interview with the Guardian. Speaking on behalf of the government, Qadri Jamil said that neither side was strong enough to win the conflict, which has lasted two years and caused the death of more than 100,000 people. Jamil, who is in charge of country's finances, also said that the Syrian economy had suffered catastrophic losses. "Neither the armed opposition nor the regime is capable of defeating the other side," he said. "This zero balance of forces will not change for a while."

www.theguardian.com...

Liking the way this has been going the last month or so, other than the fact that civilans continue to perish at the hands of all sides..

On a side note maybe Assad got his copy of gta5 and wants to chill for a bit..

Here's a FOX (Zionist) News and Syrian News talking about the Fox News interview with His Excellence: President Bashar Al Assad and NO WHERE does The Syrian Nation give in to these FORIEGN TERRORISTS
with some cowardly "ceasefire begging"

1. www.youtube.com...

2. www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSWATCHER

His Excellence is it?

If being unable to run ones country and shooting protesters dead makes one excel, then I wonder who your other heroes are?

Don't derail my thread please, and if you're being sarcastic then I truly apologize.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Wookiep

Time will tell, I guess. I wonder if Assad will step down or what... My realistic side still tells me that there is no way we supplied weapons to Al Qaeda since 2011 only to have peace in the region.. They are total outsiders, not even Syrian. Then we all saw our dear leaders suddenly foaming at the mouth pushing their attack blaming it on Assad..I still believe they want to attack..Let's hope the public continue to not allow it.

We have not supplied Al Qaeda. In fact we have not been suppling anyone until this month when we began supplying the FSA. The Al Qaeda linked groups are not happy about this so the cold war between them and rebels has now broken in to open conflict.

As for Assads people saying its stalemate that is huge sign that something on Assads side is going very badly.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

canucks555

His Excellence is it?

If being unable to run ones country and shooting protesters dead makes one excel, then I wonder who your other heroes are?

Don't derail my thread please, and if you're being sarcastic then I truly apologize.

Get that crap outta here, he ain't no dictator, that's the same LIES U.S.A. (Zionist lacky-slave) says about MANY nations that won't/don't accept the Israelies as a legitimate country.

1. Where are the millions of protesters protesting the Syrian Government, BEFORE Feb 2011?

2. 90% of the Terrorists are NOT Syrians which by definition The Gov has EVERY RIGHT to wipe them out.

3. I want you to ADMITT on ATS RIGHT NOW, that if ALL 25 Million Mexican(Chicanos) Americans, Protest that they want "ALL whites out of their land", and then they join forces with the Native Americans, and the 20+ Million illegal Aliens from Mexicans/Central-South Americans you will SHUT UP and go back to Europe, whats your OFFICAL ANSWER?

edit on 19-9-2013 by ATSWATCHER because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   

ATS watcher I started this thread with a 50/50 take. Assad is an ass, the rebels are arses.
You're storming in with piss and vinegar, it makes me think that that type of attitude is what prolongs this war/

Put a lid on it, I respect whatever side your on, for debate sake, but don't talk matter of factly cause that aint flying.
there are two sides to this war so like I said before, stop F### derailing my thread. Go elsewhere.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

MrSpad

Wookiep

We have not supplied Al Qaeda. In fact we have not been suppling anyone until this month when we began supplying the FSA. The Al Qaeda linked groups are not happy about this so the cold war between them and rebels has now broken in to open conflict.

As for Assads people saying its stalemate that is huge sign that something on Assads side is going very badly.

Says who? The Government? LOL. We've been assisting the "rebels" since at least 2011 as leaked by Wikileaks. Now the question is, do you really believe Al Qaeda doesn't make up a very large portion of these "factions"? If so, I believe you are mistaken. Many have come out and admitted it, just not Obama, Kerry and McCain..but who really cares since all three of them are as useless as a box of rocks.
[snipped]

https://__._/gifiles/docs/1671459_insight-military-intervention-in-syria-post-withdrawal.html
[snipped]

edit on 20-9-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri Sep 20 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Fighting between the FSA and Al Qaida has increased recently. Assad can institute a ceasefire on the part of the Syrian army and let the rebels kill each other. While this is happening the UN will be removing chemical weapons and Assad will be receiving more air defense, anti-ship capability, and other conventional arms from Russia. The Russians will also be supplying Iran with S300 air defense and constructing a new nuclear reactor.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   

canucks555

ATS watcher I started this thread with a 50/50 take. Assad is an ass, the rebels are arses.
You're storming in with piss and vinegar, it makes me think that that type of attitude is what prolongs this war/

You ONLY calling Pres. Assad that name in order to "seem" balanced, this is the typical American brainwashed "acceptance" tactic, if you TRULY do believe " that type of attitude is what prolongs this war" then you need to stay off ATS, because this is for adults, especially, for FED-UP Americans like me tired of putting up with lies, and fed up with other Americans who are TOO STUPID to see threw these deceptions.

Put a lid on it, I respect whatever side your on, for debate sake, but don't talk matter of factly cause that aint flying.
there are two sides to this war so like I said before, stop F### derailing my thread. Go elsewhere.

No one is derailing anything, your just saying that to because (well I actually don't know why? why are you saying that?)
There are no two side to this story, the rebles are NOT rebles, they are foreigners payed by the Intelligence agencies of S.Arabia/Qatar/Jordan/U.S.A./U.K./Turkey/Mossad, and thats the simple truth, we will NOT give ANY of these terrorists (FSA/AL Nusrah/ect.) ANY legitimacy to come to the table, for they are nothing but NON-Syrian mercenaries paid to do to Syria EXACTLY what happened to Libya, and whats happening to Egypt.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Wookiep

MrSpad

Wookiep

Says who? The Government? LOL. We've been assisting the "rebels" since at least 2011 as leaked by Wikileaks. Now the question is, do you really believe Al Qaeda doesn't make up a very large portion of these "factions"? If so, I believe you are mistaken. Many have come out and admitted it, just not Obama, Kerry and McCain..but who really cares since all three of them are as useless as a box of rocks.

What you've just explained to him is BASIC SIMPLE historical (2011-Now) knowledge, and he doesn't even know that, but posts as a typical American who "THINKS" he's educated, has the right to decide who is a good or bad, this little boy is SOO typical I've seen it all before, nothing AND I MMEEAANN NNOOOTHING impressive about him/them, just the same tired arguments on how "That tyrant-dictator butchered this many people here this many people there." It's the same thing said about Yugoslavia/Iraq/Grenada I mean you can go on and on.
edit on Fri Sep 20 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Quote Crash Course

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

The last time Assad agreed to a cease fire it lasted all of three days before he opened up his tanks on the general population. I guarantee that both sides will claim that the other side broke it just to keep it going. Talk in the Middle East is cheap, while the cost of sending people to keep up these fake negotiations are expensive!

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
You ONLY calling Pres. Assad that name in order to "seem" balanced, this is the typical American brainwashed "acceptance" tactic, if you TRULY do believe " that type of attitude is what prolongs this war" then you need to stay off ATS, because this is for adults, especially, for FED-UP Americans like me tired of putting up with lies, and fed up with other Americans who are TOO STUPID to see threw these deceptions.

Well.
Typical brain washed American?
Stay off ATS?
A liar?
And stupid?

-I flagged your off topic and idiotic posts, but since the mods see no disrespect I'll have to come to my own defense.

edit on 20-9-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-9-2013 by alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

ATSWATCHER
I want you to ADMITT on ATS RIGHT NOW, that if ALL 25 Million Mexican(Chicanos) Americans, Protest that they want "ALL whites out of their land", and then they join forces with the Native Americans, and the 20+ Million illegal Aliens from Mexicans/Central-South Americans you will SHUT UP and go back to Europe, whats your OFFICAL ANSWER?

Now hold on a minute here. What does That have to do with Syria and assad? According to science we are all the same race so do not even go there. You sound like a shill for syria. And with your low post count i would not doubt it. Its not exactly a bad thing you are free to express your opinion but we are also able to ignore it as well.

As for a uprising i do not see that happening any time soon or ever. reason? the drug cartels enjoy the money way to much to allow their cash cow to dry up. And th eindians already had a bad experience with trying to fight the Government as well as mexico. Both of them failed miserably and we would turn the border between the countries into something similiar to korea has. What happens when the US dolars stop flowing to mexico? Their system falls and the drug cartels start a narco country that rules with a iron fist.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Polite Reminder

Hi People,

Discussion and indeed debate can certainly be passionate - but it should never become poisonous.

Please keep the personal attacks out of it.
Play the ball...not the player...

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Your first mistake is bringing up Israel or Zionism. Whether people truly wish to "deny ignorance" remains to be seen. You won't make any friends on here (or anywhere) bashing Israel or Zionism.

Your second mistake is overstating truth. I know crazy right?

I have yet to find a way to get people to understand that many of these countries, particularly the ones we have been bombing were not backward, backwater, broken down countries.

"The government of Muammar brought the Libyan government from poverty and debt, to prosperity and debt-free status in 41 years.Jehad Before Gaddafi, literacy in Libya was only 10%. Since Gaddafi’s leadership, literacy has risen to 90%.

Under Gaddafi’s oil-revenue-sharing program, each Libyan gets $500 (Dollars) deposited into his or her bank account each month. For any medical care, operations, or health treatments that are unavailable in Libya, the citizen is given full expenses for travel, treatment and accommodation abroad to wherever is required for the treatment to be given.

www.dailykos.com...#

Wake up people, this is the man YOU ( and me ) murdered, and the government YOU ( and me ) destroyed by not doing anything to stop the murder machine that is the Military Industrial Complex controlled by Zionists and their Ilk. Which include but not limited to any nation that supports or protects this vile that is ravaging earth before our eyes.

And it will be more blood on our hands if we allow the same to Syria. I don't neccesarily agree the world needs dictators but come on! Pot, kettle, black anyone?
edit on 20-9-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join