It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your criteria for identifying a legitimate UFO/USO?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Truth is, you can no longer see something in the sky and distinguish it from a number of prosaic objects or explanations.

We now have UAV drones which could do maneuvers which appear too extreme for a pilot, because they are robotic.

We have holographic projectors, capable of putting an image of an object in the sky (or elsewhere) which is just a projection

We know the gubmint agencies have admitted using the UFO/ETH explanation to mask advanced projects and for psy-ops.

We know hobbyists can put up illuminated craft which appear to be a 'craft' and not an ultra-light RPV.

We know that perception can be 'iffy' and we can't really be sure of what we're seeing. If a light blinks out on one side of the night sky and suddenly blinks on on the other side, we don't know if it's one craft traveling at immense speeds or if it's an optical illusion caused by a random coordination of two lights, or crafts. Our visual systems are somewhat prone to being fooled by optical phenomenon.

And on top of it all, we have a lot of people out there hoaxing.

The best thing to do is gain experience in observing and try to find a normal explanation, and avoid jumping to a non-terrestrial craft piloted by alien beings.

When you think about it, the possibility that aliens would choose to fly around in our skies with lights and visual indicators is pretty slim. Either they're very bad at 'hiding' or they are just really careless.

What's more likely, if indeed there are non-terrestrial observations being made, is the use of stealth vehicles on the nano-scale. Those would not be visible, being too small, but we know they are efficient and we're using them now, ourselves. Since we can make a craft look like a hummingbird or a dragon-fly, one would assume a non-terrestrial, advanced enough to come here would have at least that level of technology.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Maverick7

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Hi op. Sorry your thread got those retarded replies from the start.

How would I identify a True-FO or a True-SO? (These are terms I use so that people can't come along with that stupid childish '1.2.3.' reply)

I personally don't count things on the horizon, or under the 45 degree angle unless they're moving at considerable speed or are doing something very odd, because these are generally aircraft.

I personally don't count things "floating" slowly overhead that are "pulsating" or rather flickering, because they're typically chinese lanterns.

I don't count "three points" of light forming triangles either. That, IMO, is one of the most stupid and retarded of all "UFO sightings". Especially when videos emerge and those three points of light don't even hold the same position throughout. Again, chinese lanterns.

I typically don't count something that seems close to the ground, unless of course, it can be distinguished as something very odd.

For me, it's when you look straight up, and then you see something zig-zagging or passing over at thousands of miles per hour. I typically only count them as True-FO's, and usually only feel they're are valid sightings if seen on a starry night (when you can look out across the galaxy). If it's cloudy and something is under the cloud line, it does not get much attention from me.

Also some other ways I would identify a true-fo:

1 - If the sighting lasts less than 3 seconds, I dismiss it, most likely trick of the eye/light or a meteor. But that said, the shortest sightings I've had lasted 5 or 6 seconds, simply because of the speed of the craft/objects.

2 - Multiple sightings, if other people saw the same thing, I'm more convinced what I saw was real and it really was something mysterious (this has happened once to me, other people seeing the same thing I saw)

This said, I have no way of identifying whether they're alien, man-made or something... But this helps me identify at least what they are NOT. Planes, satellites etc.

Basically when you have a sighting run the Sherlock method. Work out what it's not, and then you're left with what it probably is.

As for USO's, no experience whatsoever I'm afraid. I live in a landlocked part of the UK, don't see much water... But we have a LOT of True-FO activity round here, like, an abnormal amount.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Nothing better to make a point than facts, an image is 1000s times better than words, video footage is even better:

Star-like objects:

This is an amazing footage, look at mark 2:04, star-like object, this is the second day in a row that I capture this type of object:

An analysis of the fast turn to the left of this object at 10:50.54 can be found here:

previous one was captured 10/05/13, here:

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ufoflicks

Another amazing UFO footage, an "electrostatic plasma ball" type of object, this is part#1:

This is a selection of short segments taken from the Tasco telescope of the "electrostatic plasma ball" type of object spotted on 10/05/13 5:02pm, this is part#1, I am preparing two more parts for the other two similar sightings of this type of object, this footage is amazing:

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

John_Rodger_Cornman
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

How do you determine if the object is a identified known object like a aircraft,blimp,stealth blimp, drone,meteor,optical illusion,atmospheric phenomena,light source from a human device,reflections/lens glares,CGI etc?

Research.

that simple,

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

John_Rodger_Cornman
reply to post by JimTSpock

0 to 8000+ mph and G forces that would kill a human being.
No sonic boom. No hailing the flight communication towers.
Going into restricted airspace and not be shot down.

If the acceleration was instant then yes the G-forces would kill. So I assume thats whats your meaning.

How fast does a shuttle travel to leave the atmosphere?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join