It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator John McCain: Russians deserve better than Putin

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Senator John McCain has written his own op-ed piece that apparently is in response to the Vladimir Putin op-ed last week.

He basically criticizes Russian policies in general and say the people deserve better !!

Some quotes sound very familiar .....

Pravda.ru

When Pravda.ru editor, Dmitry Sudakov, offered to publish my commentary, he referred to me as "an active anti-Russian politician for many years." I'm sure that isn't the first time Russians have heard me characterized as their antagonist. Since my purpose here is to dispel falsehoods used by Russia's rulers to perpetuate their power and excuse their corruption, let me begin with that untruth. I am not anti-Russian. I am pro-Russian, more pro-Russian than the regime that misrules you today.

I make that claim because I respect your dignity and your right to self-determination. I believe you should live according to the dictates of your conscience, not your government. I believe you deserve the opportunity to improve your lives in an economy that is built to last and benefits the many, not just the powerful few. You should be governed by a rule of law that is clear, consistently and impartially enforced and just. I make that claim because I believe the Russian people, no less than Americans, are endowed by our Creator with inalienable rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

"" I believe you deserve the opportunity to improve your lives in an economy that is built to last and benefits the many, not just the powerful few. You should be governed by a rule of law that is clear, consistently and impartially enforced and just. ""

Well I wonder if McCain feels the same about Americans ? Many people may not think so, given his track record !!

A Russian citizen could not publish a testament like the one I just offered. President Putin and his associates do not believe in these values. They don't respect your dignity or accept your authority over them. They punish dissent and imprison opponents. They rig your elections. They control your media. They harass, threaten, and banish organizations that defend your right to self-governance. To perpetuate their power they foster rampant corruption in your courts and your economy and terrorize and even assassinate journalists who try to expose their corruption.

Hmmm. He goes on and on and says he believes in the Russian people. And he never mentions 'exceptional-ism' in any context.

The comments section is interesting......
Pravda Article

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

He should have written that the American people deserve better candidates than McCain/Romney and Obama. We need to look in the mirror before we criticize another countries political leaders.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Uh pot meet kettle....

He must be a real sociopath to be able to say something like that with a straight face.

edit on 19-9-2013 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

It sounds like McCain is venting about America while throwing the Russian's out there.....Everything he says is spot on for America, no so sure about Russia!

Thanks for starting the movement Mr. McCain! You are a true soldier for putting the way of America out there for everyone to see....

We get you, and we understand you are just substituting Russia with America for security purposes....

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
The first thing I thought when I read the Letter was, "He could say all this about america..."

Manning... Snowden... NSA Prism... Drone War Fare...

Illegal wars, Unilateral actions against the Worlds opinion.

Really, who is the country that really despises its populous now, and wants to take their rights.

Not saying russia is ANY BETTER, I am just reminded of glass houses and stone throwing.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The reaction from Russia is in on McCain:

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

intrepid
The reaction from Russia is in on McCain:

'And so after my piece in the NYT he sends someone I've never heard of to write in what they thought was the old Pravda'.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Typical grade school name calling. I'd expect no better from McCain anyway, the guy is a total psycho-douche.

Everything he said could be applied to the US just as accurately. For him to say Putin is corrupt and doesn't value basic rights is the height of hypocrisy. Doubtful hardly anyone on the planet will take anything he has to say as valid.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I could say the same thing for America because of its "leaders"

Douchebag alert!!!
edit on 19-9-2013 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Perhaps he should look in the mirror.

Americans deserve better than what we have, If he had won we still would have deserved better.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
And his own great dictator is perfect in every way? What an idiot to even say that when his own leader is a warmonger and would have been only fit to spend time in Russia's salt mines !

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
"I believe you deserve the opportunity to improve your lives in an economy that is built to last and benefits the many, not just the powerful few. You should be governed by a rule of law that is clear, consistently and impartially enforced and just."

"Pauses for breath"

The hypocracy of the that statement! He just stated everything the USA is not!

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
We have to wonder why Obama hasn't written an op-ed ?

I can only imagine what THAT might say !!

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I want to know what gives McCain the right to speak for the American people. All of Putin's hypocrisy aside our 'leaders' would be best advised to clean up the mess they've made here before they try and stand themselves up as examples.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
McCain just made it loud and clear exactly how 'the powerful' view the general population.

What a joke. I hope this back-slap-bitch-slaps him in his already damaged face.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Russians deserve better than Putin. (he's KGB .. he's murdered people and he's upholding deadly anti-homosexual laws). The American people deserve better than Obama (or Romney or McCain or Hillary). Then again ... we voted these ding dongs in office so I guess we get what we vote for. Shame on us.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The best part about people on ATS defending Putin is that he is everything the always claim to be afraid of. A huge para military force for internal control, reporters who end up dead or news organization closed if they do not follow the party line (good bye ATS) , arming anybody who has money for cheap weapons, lack of civil rights, all you suckers would have show up to be abused in the Russian miltary, strict gun laws, taxes like crazy etc. For all its flaws you people in the US and the West in general have no idea how good you have it. In some place like Russia all the paranoia would be valid and you would be to afraid to tell anybody about it.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
the levels of delusion and outright psychopathic projection from the Putin bashers
is truly out of this world

the water-thief, Songbird McCain and his parrots are flinging crap long stuck to themselves which will only wind up returning like a boomerang in any case.

all nothing but the shrieks of butthurt from frustrated warmongers.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
McCain is an old man that thinks he is still relevant in this brave new world. However he is lucky that he is one of the elite and will enjoy free medical thru his dementia and senility courtesy of the American taxpayer.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
It's ok. I don't think many people really take anything this guy says anymore seriously - other than a thought of, "please stop". I know I only check in when things are posted here or when he chimes in at a debate. I just dismiss him.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join