It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5.8 Earthquake just hit Fukushima

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
see a lot better:

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Quakes happen every single day in Japan. I wish people would stop posting about them.

It's about like reporting it's raining in London.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Alekto
Quakes happen every single day in Japan. I wish people would stop posting about them.

London doesn't have multiple crippled nuclear reactors spewing radiation into OUR oceans and atmosphere....duh....

Des

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

well people say ya gotta crack eggs to make omlettes, and we all know what an omlette looks like, yea that's right, from now on, we will no longer use the word omlette, it will be called a fukushima and you can have it with melted reactor topping and chips or salad on the side..

Seriously! Who was the twat, who selected the fukushima location for nuclear power plants, and who was the second twat who approved the proposal...given the usual geographical climate of this area... any sane minded person with the information concerning this part of the planet and its expected earthquakes etc, would never have allowed such a building to be constructed for nuclear purpose... it is beyond any doubt that this sort of acceptence of proposed sites, is bordering on tyranny of the hightest order.. it tells the whole world (if they care to listen) that "hey we dont give a sh1t for any of you, we are power and wealth hungry so f off all of you" ........ heads should roll for this catastrophe, but they won't..because people are sheep...

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I would like to think that you do have a clue why Japan was selected. It was a last ditch effort to make things all nice. My belief is that political move--and that's what it was--will eventually backfire as many of the expected athletes and paying spectators will refuse to go, maybe causing a change of location even yet. That puts Japan into an even worse situation as we are witnessing as the news of the selection is starting the engines of the bad press. It ain't gonna get better no how.

edit on 23-9-2013 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Destinyone

Alekto

London doesn't have multiple crippled nuclear reactors spewing radiation into OUR oceans and atmosphere....duh....

Des

No. But it does have rain. And Japan does have earthquakes every day. Hope that helps

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

flipflop

Seriously! Who was the twat, who selected the fukushima location for nuclear power plants, and who was the second twat who approved the proposal...given the usual geographical climate of this area... any sane minded person with the information concerning this part of the planet and its expected earthquakes etc, would never have allowed such a building to be constructed for nuclear purpose...

The plant was built expecting a natural disaster, just not one that was going to be of a record breaking magnitude. I mean, what do you suggest? Small island nation, not many good sources of cooling water separate from large cities.

he whole of Japan is prone to earthquakes. The Fukushima plant survived a gamut of events just to be done in by stupidly placed backup generators that aren't even necessary in newer designs.
So given bull# like that isn't repeated, building new nuclear plants in Japan is just fine.
Right now Japan is importing fossil fuels like crazy, that's doing more health damage than the whole of Fukushima.

The reactors hit that were newer did shut down automatically when hit by the tsunami, including the one that was only 10 years younger, only 7 miles away.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Incidentally, I have mentioned on other threads (you can browse my post history because I can't be bothered to trawl them again) that right now, the US, hilariously, has a whole bunch of reactors in seismically active locations. Curiously, you don't see anyone complaining about those.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Alekto

well, this IS a forum on japan so US reactor talk here would be very far off topic. people DO talk about US reactors but none of them have been in full meltdown..... yet.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Alekto

LadyGreenEyes
reply to post by camaro68ss

Looking at the quakes online, for weeks after the big one, I saw quake after quake after quake.

Yes, the rest of the world refers to them as 'aftershocks'.

I know about aftershocks. The point is, they had a LOT of these, and some were very strong, big quakes in their own right, and for months after that one. There comes a point when "aftershock" doesn't fit any longer.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join