It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a broken moon...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

The moon
I am just a broken moon,
Tonight I rise and no longer full
The Earth's oceans feel my gravity pull
I only shine with a poor reflection of light.
Living only in darkness in the chill of the night.

You are a damaged moth who wanted to be the butterfly,
Dancing with dusty wings silhouetted beneath a blacken sky.

I'm attracted to you, I have never seen anything more beautiful!
Slender and yet elegantly your flutters quick and ever so graceful

You are drawn to my light never seeing the brilliance of the sun!
hope that you never do and stay with me so I don't come undone

For I am only still in the sun's shadow only a pale substitute
if you ever know it's power our story would be destitute

I am blind to the beauty of your gossamer wings.
Guiding twilight away as a night chorus sings.
Together we will dance and we shall fly
imperfections across the night sky.
we create a sweet lullaby
sweet lullaby

edit on 19-9-2013 by abeverage because: of moon beams...

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
An alteration of an earlier theme - edited, and shaped - quite lovely.
Is this also your photo?

peace to you,
AB

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
That's beautiful, abeverage. I love how you also controlled the length of the lines to echo a full moon. Very neat.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

I knew you had it in you to start writing again. Very good my friend. Really like how you shaped the words into a moon shape.

There's was a full moon last night and I howled at it as I was mowing the grass...I had to...when the moon is full, you have to let out a howl..no matter how crazy ya sound.

This poem has a lot of emotion behind it. *snapping my fingers* (pretending I'm in a beatnik poetry reading coffee bar)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

AboveBoard
Is this also your photo?

peace to you,
AB

Yes to both.
I am never content to leave things alone, therefor I am not yet an artist! LOL

There is in every artist's studio a scrap heap of discarded works in which the artist's discipline prevailed against his imagination. ~Robert Brault,

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

WhiteAlice
That's beautiful, abeverage. I love how you also controlled the length of the lines to echo a full moon. Very neat.

Thank you, but...
It's really just a trick of light

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

natalia

This poem has a lot of emotion behind it. *snapping my fingers* (pretending I'm in a beatnik poetry reading coffee bar)

edit on 19-9-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

That is the very essence of the art abeverage . I believe the kids call that "mad skillz"

Great job!

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

natalia

There's was a full moon last night and I howled at it as I was mowing the grass...I had to...when the moon is full, you have to let out a howl..no matter how crazy ya sound.

Oh I know it was full...Tell me something my friend, You ever dance with the Devil in the pale moonlight?

Hmm maybe it's time to bring back your ol pal Uncle Bingo! Hehehehe....HAHAHAHAHHAHA! uh hu..hehe...

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

TrueBrit

That is the very essence of the art abeverage . I believe the kids call that "mad skillz"

Great job!

Mad you say? hmm Funny you should mention that!

You know those who dance under the light of moon are said to suffer from lunacy? Perhaps they are just moonstruck they call that Lunaticus? Hmm sounds Borg?

I am Lunaticus of the Borg...

Oh and of course the very essence of the moon Lunaescence!

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

abeverage

AboveBoard
Is this also your photo?

peace to you,
AB

Yes to both.
I am never content to leave things alone, therefor I am not yet an artist! LOL

There is in every artist's studio a scrap heap of discarded works in which the artist's discipline prevailed against his imagination. ~Robert Brault,

There is no perfection, only process.
I'm liking your process very much!
The moon photo is beautiful - and the moon-poem too.
Lunacy becomes you, to a point...

- AB

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I have sure danced with the 'devil' before...but not in the pale moonlight. Dancing under the moonlight and stars with the special one you love is how to do it...

Or howling at the moon works. Lets out your frustrations of the day.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

WhiteAlice

You know I never knew what White Alice meant until now...

Funny isn't it? Originally that was not my intention making the poem look like the moon, until I put it in the make centered and it looked like half a sphere (the part I had finished) so I re-edited it until it made one an imperfect one!

Nice communicating with you white Alice!

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Mhmm. Oddly enough, White Alice has an immense significance for my family. It marked what was the beginning of the end. It works double time for me as I've always had my written communication skills be highly praised and both I and it are both projects that my grandfather worked on. It's absolutely loaded with meaning. White Alice was built in the days when the USAF had a thing for Alice in Wonderland themes. They were funny that way.

That makes the resulting shape even more awesome. Maybe you were building it that way subconsciously? I write poetry as well when the fit takes me and I swear when I do, I might as well be possessed.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

WhiteAlice

Mhmm. Oddly enough, White Alice has an immense significance for my family. It marked what was the beginning of the end. It works double time for me as I've always had my written communication skills be highly praised and both I and it are both projects that my grandfather worked on. It's absolutely loaded with meaning. White Alice was built in the days when the USAF had a thing for Alice in Wonderland themes. They were funny that way.

That makes the resulting shape even more awesome. Maybe you were building it that way subconsciously? I write poetry as well when the fit takes me and I swear when I do, I might as well be possessed.

Possessed is a good word for it! I do however wish I am treating my Muse properly and that my inspiration from her is at least appreciated as it was generous!

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Hey i like this a lot. Also the picture of the moon is superb!....You will have to excuse me, Im a bit behind in my short stories reading mode
....Oh and the way you have rounded it off like the moon is refreshing!

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

TheDoctor46
Hey i like this a lot. Also the picture of the moon is superb!....You will have to excuse me, Im a bit behind in my short stories reading mode
....Oh and the way you have rounded it off like the moon is refreshing!

Thank you very much! Not easy to make a moon shaped poem contrary to what you might hear...By all means read anything I have written and let me know if it is junk or not! LOL

Do you like Doctor Who?

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Very nice indeed.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Oh i will read some more today. I noticed you have been busy lately lol. Dr who ain't bad..Nothing to do with the name though

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

sonnny1
Very nice indeed.

Thank I appreciated more than just a flag or a star to know someone actually liked what I did!

Take care!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join