It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it just me or is this the weirdest looking snake you've ever seen!?!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by suitcasey

Good call, they look very similiar, do they grow up to 2 meters in length?

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Lady_Tuatha
reply to post by Korg Trinity

Yeah it does kinda look like a sea lions face, I wonder is it photoshopped for the article, it doesn't mention.

They typically don't.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

That was my first thought too-so cute!

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Well I emailed the writer of the article 'Sylvia Looi' asking is it a genuine image and they replied saying it is a genuine photo and if I need pictures to contact the photo department.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Yes, they generally grow between 2 metres and 2.5 metres

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Looks like someone is making a fist wearing a heavy leather welding glove .
There's a rip on the inside of the little finger.

hoax

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   

suitcasey
Haha, this is an elephant trunk snake!

Awesome species, I used to work with them. They have the most unusual faces, and their skin is very rough like sandpaper. They are also fairly rare. I'm not sure if any one is questioning if this is a real snake or not, I can confirm that it 100% is and this really is what it looks like.

I found this image of one, and it is cute

Elephant Trunk Snake

I am really glad you knew what it was and as I read the OP I thought, someone will know what this is. It took a few posts, but we got the answer, so thanks!

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
While I was looking down the images of the Elephant Truck Snake, I came across "The most beautiful snake in the world" and I have to say, it truly is amazing! What a beauty

California Red Sided Garter Snake

This page is all about beautiful snakes, and there are some amazing examples. Takes a moment to load, at least on DSL.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Aleister

Very cute. And it's sad that some people's first reaction was "Let's capture it". Idiots.

How else would you learn about it? Maybe something in it's body could cure/fight AIDS? We have gained a lot of medical knowledge and have many useful items that come from other creatures, more than most people think.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Looks like some kinda boa constrictor that is in the midst of swallowing dinner, the thickness of the section behind the head makes me think something is in there, and the jaw is still distended/dislocated after swallowing it down so the head looks all funny. Does look like it has a funny nose though

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
It's a "Sucuri" also know as Green Male Anaconda massive snake common from my country, Brazil. They can get pretty big. males can get up to 5 meters (17 feet long) and femealed can get up to 10 meters (32 feet long). Which is pretty big. Here's a photo, you can compare the orange tripes from it's face:

The photo was just taken with a mouse or something inside it's mouth and on a strange looking angle. But the most bizarre is, hwo the hell did it got on that country?
edit on 20-9-2013 by Frocharocha because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-9-2013 by Frocharocha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

antar
reply to post by yeahright

I want one!

You can have mine! I'm sick of treading in all the little damn pats all of the damn house!!

korg.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join