It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it just me or is this the weirdest looking snake you've ever seen!?!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Okay so according to the news article construction workers came across this weird 'snake' whilst digging a trench in Kampung Muhibbah, Malaysia today.

SUNGAI SIPUT: Several construction workers got the fright of their lives when they bumped into a strange-looking animal which looked like a cross between a snake and a lizard, while digging a trench in Kampung Muhibbah here today.
Witnesses claimed the animal, which weighs around 25kg and measuring about two meter long, had the looks of a dog.

A villager, who declined to be named, said they sought the help of the Civil Defence Department (JPAM) personnel to capture the creature.

"I am not sure whether it was a snake although the body is flaccid like leech while its skin was kind of rough like the lizard's," he said, adding that it was his first time seeing the animal, which he described as strange.

JPAM officer Leftenan A. Balasubramaniam said a team of three men sent to the scene managed to capture the animal.

The Civil Defence Department say that they were later informed that it's a type of water snake called ular guni buruk or ular karung guni, which had been classified as fresh water snake, non-venomous, only eats fish although it was capable of biting.

I have done a little search on the snake mentioned and have yet to find a picture that resembles the one above, is it for real? weirdest looking snake ive ever seen!

link

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Doesn't it just look like a sea lions upper face minus the lower jaw photoshopped onto a snake???

Korg.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

Photoshop......

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Very cute. And it's sad that some people's first reaction was "Let's capture it". Idiots.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Yeah it does kinda look like a sea lions face, I wonder is it photoshopped for the article, it doesn't mention.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

It looks more like an EEL than a snake.

Might be able to determine for sure if there was a picture of the whole body.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Poor thing it looks like a babyseal, doggie snake. Also looks like it has been injured along its jaw line. Poor poor thing. People are so messed up, I can hardly look at MSM these days because of all of the giant species being killed. Squids, halibut, fish, Crabs, Gators, Catfish, the list goes on and to me it is appalling to see something live longer than humans, with the intelligence to survive, the younger of their species that love them like we would Jesus or some other spiritual leader, and then to be unsympathetically and tortuously made a trophy, I tell you when Mother Nature gets enough of this, we are ALL going to pay the ultimate price.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Lady_Tuatha

Yeah it does kinda look like a sea lions face, I wonder is it photoshopped for the article, it doesn't mention.

The searches I've done on this snake, all come up with a very different looking snake. The body seems to be way too big compared to the other snakes and the head on the ular guni buruk looks to be an almost arrow shape. the picture above looks way to wide... almost pythonesk...

Korg.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Fake.

Meet Guinea cow.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

I want one!

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Be careful what you wish for. Those tiny little milking stools are murder on the back.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The snake looks weird because it's eating something. If you look at the mouth you can see a tail poking out.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I am going with a seal face pasted on a snake´s body.
I have a soft spot for seals, especially for this particular one;

en.wikipedia.org...

The only living creature that has made me willingly give away my money.
edit on 19-9-2013 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

yeahright

Fake.

Meet Guinea cow.

That look snothing like an eel snake.

But it's going to be milked for all it's worth
*boom tish*

-- I'm with Shad, it's an eel eating a mouse. DO eels eat mice?

I dunno.. stupid planet earth.

"Awww look, a strange animal! Quick, Kill it before it gets away!!!!"

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Antar wants a GMO!!!!

Quick, someone archive the tread

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

kimish
The snake looks weird because it's eating something. If you look at the mouth you can see a tail poking out.

I would say there is a good chance you are correct there.
A snakes body expands around what it is eating thus distorting the usual "neck" head proportions and as you say you can see a part of what it is ingesting poking out of its mouth

I kept snakes for a while and they arent at their best looking mid meal

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Sorry, but if the puppy dog faced, sea lion snake-eel was in my yard, I'd blow its head off!

Fear not though, I'd eat it! Well, I'd clean and cook it. If it tasted like crap I'd give it to the dogs, they eat anything I don't like...

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Haha, this is an elephant trunk snake!

Awesome species, I used to work with them. They have the most unusual faces, and their skin is very rough like sandpaper. They are also fairly rare. I'm not sure if any one is questioning if this is a real snake or not, I can confirm that it 100% is and this really is what it looks like.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
The first thought I had upon seeing it was that it resembles an eel. It is strange looking though...it's the eyes.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Perhaps it IS an elephant trunk snake......Props to suitcasey

edit on 9/19/2013 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join