It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is for people in their 30's and beyond, It is about Trust and Betrayal.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

TiM3LoRd
Why do we continue to trust in the face of so much betrayal??

I don´t.

Or to quote the late great Steve McQueen;

"I live for myself and I answer to nobody".

(end quote)

You are a liar and a cheat FIRST, and i WILL NOT HESITATE to stab you on your back
and stomp on your head if it is somehow beneficial to me.
That is, unless you prove that my original assessment was WRONG.

7 billion lying, cheating a**holes and me...
edit on 19-9-2013 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Regarding betrayal, really, the only person who can betray you, is you, because you willfully put yourself into that very vulnerable position. Just try really hard to take those "betrayals" and learn from them without letting yourself become embittered by the experience.

That is a really hard lesson to learn, and easy to forget.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

devildogUSMC
I have a 3 year old and I do not believe in telling young children the truth about everything. You only get one life and if for a small part of it everything can be happy and magical, who am I to take that away from him. Childhood is the most cherished part of most people's lives. Largely for the reason that they felt like the world was a happy place full of wonder and possibilities.

Why take that from somebody?

Agreed! I think when a child gets older and starts asking questions about the world, a little dose of reality doesn't hurt. However, it shouldn't be such a heavy dose that it destroys a child's view of the world and it certainly needs to take the child into consideration. There's a whole lot that I'll talk about honestly with my 17 year old but with my youngest, I won't because she's not ready for such a world. If she asks a question, I'll answer it as honestly as I can because she's savvy enough to start looking for answers while at school on the computer. I let them be the guide as for what they are ready for but I also weigh the subject in consideration of whether it'd be too heavy for them at this time.

One more thing to add in terms of jobs, her class was told to basically give up their dreams on what they wanted to do when they graduated because the jobs wouldn't likely exist. The teacher added the following week that there would be new and different types of jobs. I was really surprised because I personally think that such a thing is a little heavy handed and depressing for a 6th grader.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LionOfGOD

Sounds like you done got betrayed and done got kind of bitter about it.

Your life will be easier, and you won't get the snot stomped out of you by someone who is stronger than you and unwilling to take that kind of crap from you, if you get over it.

You may live longer too....

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

WhiteAlice

devildogUSMC
I have a 3 year old and I do not believe in telling young children the truth about everything. You only get one life and if for a small part of it everything can be happy and magical, who am I to take that away from him. Childhood is the most cherished part of most people's lives. Largely for the reason that they felt like the world was a happy place full of wonder and possibilities.

Agreed! I think when a child gets older and starts asking questions about the world, a little dose of reality doesn't hurt. However, it shouldn't be such a heavy dose that it destroys a child's view of the world and it certainly needs to take the child into consideration. There's a whole lot that I'll talk about honestly with my 17 year old but with my youngest, I won't because she's not ready for such a world. If she asks a question, I'll answer it as honestly as I can because she's savvy enough to start looking for answers while at school on the computer. I let them be the guide as for what they are ready for but I also weigh the subject in consideration of whether it'd be too heavy for them at this time.

One more thing to add in terms of jobs, her class was told to basically give up their dreams on what they wanted to do when they graduated because the jobs wouldn't likely exist. The teacher added the following week that there would be new and different types of jobs. I was really surprised because I personally think that such a thing is a little heavy handed and depressing for a 6th grader.

I do hear what your are saying regarding not hitting them with too much truth but really all you are doing is postponing the inevitable. Yeah sure its fun for the here and now but in the long term I think it does more harm than good. again thats just my opinions. I think a child with a more realistic view of the world has more chance of succeeding in it than one that spent more time in a fantasy world.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MyHappyDogShiner

Yes, you are correct, if i were some 20-year old on a powertrip.

But, i am not.

Do you think that i actually go around telling people how i perceive them?

No, knowledge is power.

It is never wise to let others know how smart you are,
better to play the part of a FOOL.

I am ALL SMILES
I am HANDSHAKES
I am COURTEOUS QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR HEALTH AND FAMILY
I am FAVORS
I am THE TERRIBLE REALIZATION
I am THE CLOCK THAT JUST RAN OUT

and

I am STILL ALL SMILES.

(a bit melodramatic, i know, but that´s just the Brandy talking)

edit on 19-9-2013 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Ever wonder why people keep picking up and towing a line they didn't start the pulling on? It always reminds me of the 5 monkeys in a cage experiment, stairs, suspended banana and water hose. The reasoning? Because that's the reason it was always done around here... is not a good valid or rational reason. Many people refuse to believe we are animals, and exhibit an exorbitant amount of primal ape like behavior even after 1000's of years pretending we are above animals. Coincidence? All the experiments in behavior, have opened a window on how to control and manipulate the drives many have no control or much awareness of having. They know they like or dislike something but do not understand where these feelings come from.

When stepping back and looking at the larger picture as an observer instead of a player, the feelings you have in the OP can come up. The more you look at it the more senseless and distant you feel from it, many get scared at this point and scramble for the blue pill... they don't wanna see behind the curtain, delusional in such a manner they feel if they don't think or do anything about it; then it will go away... when someone else points to it, they rise up and say the opposite out of this fear; because ultimately what can they do about it? The more people that see it and edge away the more sociopathic the world becomes. People intentionally hiding behind a veil of untruth, only keeping up appearances and urging others to avoid even mentioning the banana, stairs, water hose or even much less the cage.

Feeling life is easier just to play along, to go by the rules others before them lay down this is the kind of world we end up with and pass along to those next in line entering the cage.

For those not familiar with the 5 monkey experiment:

For those that cannot view the video here's the text:
Start with a cage containing five monkeys.

In the cage, hang a banana on a string and put stairs under it. Before long, a monkey will go to the stairs and start to climb towards the banana.

As soon as he touches the stairs, spray all of the monkeys with cold water.

After a while, another monkey will make an attempt with the same response - all of the monkeys are sprayed with cold water. Keep this up for several days.

Turn off the cold water.

If, later, another monkey tries to climb the stairs, the other monkeys will try to prevent it even though no water sprays them.

Now, remove one monkey from the cage and replace it with a new one.

The new monkey sees the banana and wants to climb the stairs. To his horror, all of the other monkeys attack him. After another attempt and attack, he knows that if he tries to climb the stairs, he will be assaulted.

Next, remove another of the original five monkeys and replace it with a new one. The newcomer goes to the stairs and is attacked. The previous newcomer takes part in the punishment with enthusiasm.

Replace the third original monkey with a new one. The new one makes it to the stairs and is attacked as well. Two of the four monkeys that beat him have no idea why they were not permitted to climb the stairs, or why they are participating in the beating of the newest monkey.

After replacing the fourth and fifth original monkeys, all the monkeys which have been sprayed with cold water have been replaced. Nevertheless, no monkey ever again approaches the stairs.

Why not?

"Because that's the way it's always been done around here."
edit on 19-9-2013 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

The problem is that we always need a chain of events to happen in order to feel happy ,but most of us rarely experience the real happiness throughout our entire lives...And that is exactly what the elites want us to be like,to just do one task after another for years in search of a man made illusion of "real happiness"....
We expect so much from our lives while in reality it doesn't deliver what it is promised to by our governments/systems/parents,etc...This is a sad reality but we are all slaves to a very minority in charged and we are programmed to do things that suits their agenda not our own goals and dreams...That's why most of us feel unhappy,dissatisfied and betrayed.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

America is owned not by the People, but by the Companies we work for to make rich enough to buy laws and congressmen.

Just look at who's winning now, the companies while the people suffer, who calls that progress? Companies would...

We weren't just sold an taught this BS, we are the generations who get to deal with all that smoke ridden anal cavity, and broken mirrors everywhere, the places that have been lit up now are beyond our comprehension of how people or groups of people could of been so selfish, so narrowminded, but then again we have power issues and war for resources still, nothing has changed since the darkages, we just have more crap items to sell to one another to blind us to that very fact that the people in charge either don't die or their mindsets are carriedd forward via family and need to be corrected.

15 years ago, you could not even rally support via one another that one party or the other was misleadding the public, now you won't have much issue garnering support that our government as a whole is using it's public as worker bees while doing whatever they feel like.

I am sure that a civil war is mere years if not months away, you think the crazies are tired of things, Maryland delegates talking about overhauling food stamp program an revising it so to make new rules to who gets it. In a time when its being used at a record high, 70% ( 40 million people ) of the US population uses Food stamps.

Something isn't right in the neighborhood, so either our government officals have lost their collective minds as to knowing common sense or we are being wrangled into a corral.

edit on 19-9-2013 by Tranceopticalinclined because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-9-2013 by Tranceopticalinclined because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Yeah that does seem a little much for a child that age. I agree with you spot on.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Yes, but which child has a happier childhood? Don't you wish you could live in fantasy world for a while? No bills, no real problems, everything feels new and exiting and wonderful.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Stumbled across this video when looking for the 5 monkey experiment video... seems just as fitting to the thread as the other so here it is(sorry no text for this one):

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Biigs

cody599
We don't, that's how we all end up on ATS looking for answers as to why and how we were lied to for so long, and trying to help each other find the truth.

Pretty much why i signed up to ATS. Id read info well put together that made sense that was not being shared by and commented on in other places. Eventually i just had to create an account so i could ask my questions too and participate where i could.

Its the little things, like *heard on this mornings news* the medical university that lets in all the failures, because they want to turn them around with excellent teaching and prove other unis lacking? Nope, bad students make more debt and have it looming over for longer.

Question everything twice, even if you are fairly certain and if there's money follow that instead of asking questions and be lied to.
edit on 19-9-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

Yep

I've lost count of the breaking stories that suddenly disappeared off the internet

Luckily ATS was there and it still got through, to us and those that choose to listen at least.

If I remember correctly the chemical attacks in Syria were reported here as a gov't intervention 8 months before they happened.

Gotta love ATS

Cody

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
i figured out the game early on real early maybe because i was brought up with my grandparents and heard a little to much get discussed sometimes .

i would notice the way adults would clam up when asked a question even the ones we deemed teachers so i ended up the class clown even when they took me to the ready room and begged me to calm down .

but it was not in that kids make up to take it easy my grandfather was right about me i was destined for a hard knock life his words to me were you will learn the hard way son .

i would not have had it any other way now even if i could change it life is what shapes us

i have come across doctors who do not know who paracelsus was and know proffesors who cannot water the flowers to keep them alive or turn a washing machine on .

we are the products of our own amagination and it is true that mushrooms are not the only thing that are kept in the dark and humored

but maybe that is a good thing in a way as some do not handle the light that well maybe some blind donkeys are better when not led around a room .

the light can blind the blind donkey so he still falls over the cliff anyway it is only the path he took on his way off the cliff that changed .

maybe if man was meant to find out things nature would teach him the way or he could always talk to the birds as they seem to know best but who knows
who knows

edit on 19/9/13 by geobro because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

devildogUSMC
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Yeah that does seem a little much for a child that age. I agree with you spot on.

Thanks. Open house tonight so guess who is going to have a little talk with a teacher... The class was an accelerated type of class but I think they frequently make the mistake of assuming that the kids' intellectual maturity and emotional maturity are both accelerated. On the contrary, those precocious kiddos, even if they are advanced in both intellectual and emotional maturity, are still awfully impressionable.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

To me physical materials are not the only ones that are bs , when i was very little say 6 or 7 years old i felt that people i have encountered did not live up to their words , my parents included , it really got into me and made me disappointed I felt like why would i put so much hope and trust on people anymore. this kind of shapes me into a person that would not trust people and even affects my attitude towards people, because people have let me down so much before.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

The only reason I seem to have "succeeded" in life while retaining any semblance of morality is because I (through no obvious conscious skill or intent of my own) rejected the standard story of "how to get somewhere in life"... yet still learned how to "perform" within the "play" that was in progress. So on one hand I know that it is all a facade, a charade, an act... and on the other I know that right NOW... it is deadly serious that I be capable of participating in the "play" if I wish to continue to affect the "play".

The other actors yearn for someone to introduce new lines into the "play". Which lines you introduce... that's you.

Do we see?
edit on 19-9-2013 by BardingTheBard because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Or offing themselves when they hit their hormonal peak. Remember that old adage, "ignorance is bliss"? Not all kids in the US get the same education. Some kids within the school systems are fed that "harsher realities" early on. They are taught to critically think in the third grade as the first lesson and, thereafter, reflect and try to solve world issues through creative brainstorming. incidentally, for these kids, the suicide and drug and alcohol abuse rates are higher. For a very small few, they spontaneously combust and take a few others out with them.

When you basically are giving a child a differential education and an expanded, more realistic view of the world than what their peers are facing, then that becomes intensely isolating as the child's world view is fundamentally different than the majority of their peers. Most of the time, kids that undergo this accelerated education do okay but sometimes, they struggle for the rest of their lives.
edit on 19/9/13 by WhiteAlice because: I swear I speak english.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by BardingTheBard

I have a similar outlook to you. My father told me i was smart enough to seek all information and decide for myself - to only use education as a "guideline to accelerate your understanding".

He said "many facts have been proved wrong, some things are 99.9999% likely to be true but nothing is for sure."

That made sense and enforced the first part.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

devildogUSMC

I agree. Others with kids will surely have noticed that they love pretending, even when they know it's only pretend. The more real you keep the game for them, the more exciting it is. My oldest son sort of knows that santa isn't real, but he stops himself from asking me because he wants the presents to keep coming. lol
edit on 19-9-2013 by soulwaxer because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join