It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother Shipton's Prophecy about this era/age/time/century

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+42 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I just came across this article. It's from a "witch" who lived in England in 1500.
She had many predictions who came true and the following is about our time.
I have read many prophecies and predictions this month. And they are all stating pretty much the same stuff.
I believe strongly in these prophecies because coincidence doesn't exist.

THE LAST PROPHECY

In nineteen hundred and twenty-six
build houses light of straw and sticks.
For then shall mighty wars be planned
and fire and swords shall sweep the land.

When pictures seem alive with movements free,
when boats like fishes swim beneath the sea.
When men like birds shall scour the sky.
Then half the world, deep drenched in blood shall die.

For those who live the century through
in fear and trembling this shall do.
Flee to the mountains and the dens
to bog and forest and wild fens.

For storms will rage and oceans roar
when Gabriel stands on sea and shore,
and as he blows his wondrous horn
old worlds die and new be born.

A fiery dragon will cross the sky
six times before the earth shall die.
Mankind will tremble and frightened be
for the six heralds in this prophecy.

For seven days and seven nights
man will watch this awesome sight.
The tides will rise beyond their ken.
To bite away the shores and then
the mountains will begin to roar
and earthquakes split the plain to shore.

And flooding waters rushing in,
will flood the lands with such a din
that mankind cowers in muddy fen
and snarls about his fellow men.

He bares his teeth and fights and kills
and secrets food in secret hill
and ugly in his fear, he lies
to kill marauders, thieves and spies.

Man flees in terror from the floods
and kills, and rapes and lies in blood
and spilling blood by mankind's hand
will stain and bitter many lands.

And when the dragon's tail is gone
man forgets and smiles and carries on.
To apply himself - too late, too late
for mankind has earned deserved fate.

His masked smile, his false grandeur,
will serve the gods their anger stir
and they will send the dragon back
to light the sky - his tail will crack.
Upon the earth and rend the earth
and man shall flee, king, lord and serf.

But slowly they are routed out
to seek diminishing water spout
and men will die of thirst before
the oceans rise to mount to the shore.
And lands will crack and rend anew
do you think it strange, it will come true.

And in some far - off distant land
some men - oh such a tiny band
will have to leave their solid mount
and span the earth, those few to count.

Who survives this (unreadable) and then
begin the human race again.
But not on land already there,
but on ocean beds, stark, dry and bare.

Not every soul on earth will die,
as the dragon's tail goes sweeping by,
not every land on earth will sink,
but these will wallow in stench and stink,
of rotting bodies of beast and man,
of vegetation crisped on land.

But the land that rises from the sea
will be dry and clean and soft and free.
Of mankinds dirt and therefore be,
the source of man's new dynasty.
and those that live will ever fear
the dragon's tail for many year
but time erases memory
You think it strange. but it will be.

And before the race is built anew,
a silver serpent comes to view
and spew out men of like unknown
to mingle with the earth now grown
cold from its heat and these men can
enlighten the minds of future man
to intermingle and show them how
to live and love and thus endow.
the children with the second sight.
a natural thing so that they might
grow graceful, humble and when they do
the golden age will start anew.

The dragon's tail is but a sign
for mankind's fall and man's decline.
and before this prophecy is done
I shall be burned at the stake, at l
My body cinged and my soul set free
You think I utter blastphemy
your wrong. These things have come to me
this prophecy will come to be.

Source:

www.pyramidtlc.org...
www.youtube.com...=244

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Annunak1

Well I tell you what, after reading this, yet again....I still feel there is some truth to this.

I wonder if ISON is the dragon she so speaks of? Maybe not a dragon like a giant flying lizard, but a huge comet/asteroid with a giant tail.....If one big enough did hit Earth, it would more than likely cause all volcanoes to erupt from the force, causing earthquakes so large, most of mankind will be wiped out....

The muddy dens she speaks of reminds me of underground bunkers, it is funny a lot of this stuff rings true when this was said over 500 years ago! When man wasn't flying in the sky as she speaks, there weren't undergound bunkers, etc....

This rings home more true each time someone posts it, kinda scary if you take the time to read it and try to interpret it....

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Didn't they prove that the latter prophecies could not have been produced by Mother Shipton and that more than likely that guy who put the collection together for publishing wrote the final batch of prophecies himself? If I recall correctly there was discussion that it would mean he had "seeing" abilities himself.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Any chance you could post some of the witches prophecies that have already come true? It would be nice to see her track record and put some credabilty to these claims

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo17viking

yeah sure i read one today:

When in 1605 the Great Plague Plague ravaged London, there was much talk about Mother Shipton's words, "Triumphant death rides through London." A year later, the Great Fire of London began in Pudding Lane, Samuel Pepys wrote in his famous diaries, still for the public to see, "Mother Shipton's word is out They predicted that the houses of London will fall and men walking on the roofs, a ruined city, where hardly a house was left. She predicted many things, which sometimes lasted for years or centuries before people understood them.

i think it is also in the source i provided.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

That could be possible i don't know. I just found out today about her.
Even if this one is false there is still enough prophecies that speak of this age.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
She says it will cross the sky 7 times so maybe something that has orbitted us already 6 times..
The part I don't get is sending the dragons back into the sky with a cracking tail. If the earth is destroyed how would we deploy a rocket?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Dianec
She says it will cross the sky 7 times so maybe something that has orbitted us already 6 times..
The part I don't get is sending the dragons back into the sky with a cracking tail. If the earth is destroyed how would we deploy a rocket?

Doesn't ISON or any large comet/asteroid fit this description? Remember, this is just a description...

What would you call a huge comet/asteroid you saw in the sky when you had no clue to what it was? You see a fiery ball with a huge tail....If you only knew about a description of a dragon, would you not call it that?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Chrisfishenstein

Well I tell you what, after reading this, yet again....I still feel there is some truth to this.

I wonder if ISON is the dragon she so speaks of? Maybe not a dragon like a giant flying lizard, but a huge comet/asteroid with a giant tail.....If one big enough did hit Earth, it would more than likely cause all volcanoes to erupt from the force, causing earthquakes so large, most of mankind will be wiped out....

The muddy dens she speaks of reminds me of underground bunkers, it is funny a lot of this stuff rings true when this was said over 500 years ago! When man wasn't flying in the sky as she speaks, there weren't undergound bunkers, etc....

This rings home more true each time someone posts it, kinda scary if you take the time to read it and try to interpret it....

indeed. i dont usually believe female psychics to be credulous. but this rings the well coded truth to it.

about the dragon and the silver serpent.. i see them as one.. or like father and son. the dragon being the father of the silver serpent. and the silver serpent being a catalyst for enlightenment across the globe. perhaps a symbol of the awakening and enlightenment of spiritual realization, but also a willed and purposeful force/entity(s) who manually assist in bringing the awakening to the masses of the earth.

one thing is clear.. all humans should be on the same side. and that means we cant choose a side, religiously or politically. every last one of our choices has to be rooted in being morally and ethically correct.

All else should be shunned, berated, belittled and gradually, eradicated. selfish reasons for making decisions, especially world decisions, are certainly something to be looked down upon.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
The very nature of prophecy makes it applicable to so many things. Just look at how many different interpretations there are for biblical prophecy for example, and everyone is convinced theirs is the correct one because it "fits".

Sure it appears to foretell things like air craft, submarines, movies. But half the world did not die. That would be an exaggeration, it was something like 9 million for world war 1, and 85 million for world war 2. Which is quite a small percentage really.

For those who live the century through
in fear and trembling this shall do.
Flee to the mountains and the dens
to bog and forest and wild fens.

The latter half of the 20th century, which this verse applies to, was one of the most prosperous in modern history. Sure lots of things have not got better but many things did. So I cannot see how these prophecies can remain credible being so wrong on just this one verse.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I think it fits more to the rock that's due 2029 to 2036 ,difference = 7 years and also something to do with the 7 and the keyhole I think from memory , a guess . 1%

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Chrisfishenstein

Dianec

Doesn't ISON or any large comet/asteroid fit this description? Remember, this is just a description...

What would you call a huge comet/asteroid you saw in the sky when you had no clue to what it was? You see a fiery ball with a huge tail....If you only knew about a description of a dragon, would you not call it that?

Where did I question an interpretation from dragon to comet?
I believe it states we send something back into the sky - that is what I was referring to. Have to find exact. Also - it orbits 6 times. Which comet has already orbitted 5 times - maybe with it's first appearance being in her lifetime or even a 2-5th appearance. She said it would not be done before she dies. This can mean she was referring to one she saw 500 years ago.

Edit - 11th paragraph. "....and they will send the dragon back to light the sky, his tail crack..." This was what my query was referring to. I assume we would not throw a comet back into space so this may be a rocket. If the earth is destroyed how would we send a rocket off into the sky?
edit on 19-9-2013 by Dianec because: To add what I'm referring to

+24 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I guess I'm the only person that thinks this is fake...

This was translated into English FROM English?? And it's amazing how the 'translation' rhymes and flows perfectly with common day English phrasings. Sorry, this is not a prophecy from a 15th-16th century witch.
edit on 19-9-2013 by Euphony because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
The guy who put Mother Shiptons' collection together, and possibly added a few things of his own was

Richard Head...

just sayin

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

S+F.

Interesting how so many prophecies from so many eras seem to point specifically to this time when something drastic happens with the planet. Alot of what the author states of in this form of prose is not impossible, and indeed rings true.

Personally, I am not going to panic about the earth changes until the volcanoes in Iceland and South America start acting up. That's when Edgar cayce said you will know you're on the cusp of the birth pangs of the new world to come.

Alot of what the author states seems to tie in with the future map of the US that several people including the US Navy itself says is the future of America. Especially the parts of rising waters and the stink and the people killing each other for food and such.

Looks like since I am in Central LA I will have beachfront property if I'm around in the future wooooohooooo!

edit on 19-9-2013 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Thanks for sharing, I have always found Mother Shipton and her Prophecies to be very intriguing. She predicted the death of Henry the 8th, predicted Queen Victoria by name and had forseen the WW1 and WW2 among other events.

A fiery dragon will cross the sky six times before the earth shall die. Mankind will tremble and frightened be for the six heralds in this prophecy.

Could this be the Comet's 6th time around?

For seven days and seven nights man will watch this awesome sight. The tides will rise beyond their ken. To bite away the shores and then the mountains will begin to roar and earthquakes split the plain to shore... And when the dragon's tail is gone man forgets and smiles and carries on.

It would seem that the comet would be visible for 7 days until it passed completely by? I wonder what it would look like if it were to actually pass over. I found a few posts online mentioning that the program STARRY NIGHT is able to leap forward in time to next November, and see where the comet will be and how it will look. Here is a photo,

I just want to point out, that this is a rendition of what the Comet might look like, it is not a accurate portrayal.

The part I always find the most interesting is,

And before the race is built anew, a silver serpent comes to view and spew out men of like unknown to mingle with the earth now grown cold from its heat and these men can enlighten the minds of future man to intermingle and show them how to live and love and thus endow. the children with the second sight. a natural thing so that they might grow graceful, humble and when they do the golden age will start anew.

It seems to me, like she is describing a spaceship of sorts (silver dragon) which unloads (spews) it's new occupants (men of like unknown) onto Earth to help their fellow people, to teach and enlighten them, and to lead them back to the Golden Age. Could we really be headed back to a "Golden Age" of some kind? Many people associate the Golden Age with Earth having with no precession and seasons, only a blissful summer all year round. I wonder if ISON could affect the Earth's precession in such a way?

I find this very interesting, seems like history is almost repeating itself. I'm sure many of you are familiar with tales of Earth's previous epochs (many cultures and religions have these tales), and how afterwards, men in flowing white robes and with long white beards came to help the people rebuild and learn. Some tales explain how they came from the sky and strange ships. Quetzalcoatl is an example.

I guess only time will tell.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Maybe, as it has been suggested before, this turning of the soil, destruction and reformation of the Earth has happened many times before. Look at the unexplained artifacts found in coal deposits. They're obviously manmade, yet how could they be discovered in deposits thousands of years old and from deep within the Earth? Like a farmer tilling the soil to renew it, so too does Mother Nature/God, when things get fallow as they appear to be in many ways. Then man starts the journey all over again until he gets it right. Maybe Mother Shipton is a time traveller if not just a seer?

+14 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I don't know we will have to wait and see,
what Mother Shipton foretold will be.
For if she's right, and the the Dragon roars
we'll say goodbye to you and yours.

I hope she's wrong and way off the mark,
I say without an ounce of sarc.
Oh Mother Shipton, you have made people think
the land we live in, will soon sink.

Predictions come, predictions go,
but yours seem to fit just so,
Comet Ison will soon pass by
will it be time for man to die?

Very interesting and thought I'd add my own little rhyme as I was reading all replies and was disappointed that nobody else did.

It could fit with our times, but seriously hope she's wrong!!

E.T.A:- Going to do a little more research on this Mother Shipton. Thanks for bringing her to my attention.
edit on 19/9/13 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

If you use 1500 as a base year (which is the year mentioned at the beginning of the post) and a 76 year orbital cycle for Halley's Comet, 7 orbits equals 532 years plus 1500 equals the year 2032. However, Halley's comet is predicted to return on 2061 or 29 years later.

The interesting part to me is near the end of the prophesy it states "before this prophecy is done
I shall be burned at the stake" which could imply that the first event of the dragons tail passing by occurs after her death.
edit on 19-9-2013 by Sikotha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Cobaltic1978
I don't know we will have to wait and see,
what Mother Shipton foretold will be.
For if she's right, and the the Dragon roars
we'll say goodbye to you and yours.

I hope she's wrong and way off the mark,
I say without an ounce of sarc.
Oh Mother Shipton, you have made people think
the land we live in, will soon sink.

Predictions come, predictions go,
but yours seem to fit just so,
Comet Ison will soon pass by
will it be time for man to die?

Very interesting and thought I'd add my own little rhyme as I was reading all replies and was disappointed that nobody else did.

It could fit with our times, but seriously hope she's wrong!!

E.T.A:- Going to do a little more research on this Mother Shipton. Thanks for bringing her to my attention.
edit on 19/9/13 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

Bravo!!! Nice work. I too hope she's wrong

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join