It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zoie's Future in more important...than anything I own or could ever do.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Morning all, Those who have read any of my op's know's that I am a gun nut. I am a devote follower of and voice for our 2nd Amendment rights as Americans. I also Open Carry my firearm allmost everywhere I go. Been in a couple really good discussions about guns on this very site. I have used a firearm to defend myself, I have taken a life in doing so. I have spent quite alot of my hard earned money thru the years buying and collecting firearms. A LOT OF MONEY.

The other day I posted in a thread about, " What brings you to tears" I posted how my grandaughter Zoie brings me to tears when I think about her future. I only have one grandchild and no more. Her future when I think about it is gonna be a kazillion times harder than her fathers, mothers or maw-maw and paw-paw. I being paw-paw. It melts my heart to hear her say I love you paw-paw. So I am selling my firearms and starting a bank account for my grandchild Zoie. A little somthing that she can use for college or whatever makes her future much much brighter. The future is hers, and all the other lil ones out there. I will keep the ones that are dear to me, I will keep the home protection ones I want. But all the rest are gonna go to some new owners. I will now invest in Zoie.

I started sorting them out last night, it will take me a day or two to inventory all the ones that will be sold. Sorry, ATS'ers Im selling them to family, family who own a gun shop. That way I know where they went and that if their re-sold they'll be sold legally and above board. I will still Open Carry, I will still stand by my 2nd Amendment Rights. But I will make a difference in my grand childs life. I will do my part to see that she is afforded every opportunity that she is intitled to, A good education, and a place in our future,, that was a little better than those who came before her. Zoie I love you sweetie.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
How amazing of you, paw-paw!
Sounds like she couldn't ask for a better or more loving grandpa!

I am about to be blessed with our first grandchildren. Twin boys!
I've been thinking about their futures as well. It's actually scary to think about what it will be like, but I will do everything I possibly can to make sure it is easier for them too. Wish I had guns to sell! I will be setting up a small account for them soon, and hopefully I can give them a good start, by the time they are 18.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

Reminds me of Mike from Breaking Bad...Such a hardass gun totin' mafioso guy, with a soft spot for his granddaughter. I remember the scene when he left her on the playground knowing he'd probably never see her again, little did he know he was about to die...Sad episode!

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

You know what? That's just a little bit badass of you! It's difficult to be able to marry ones convictions with the requirements of family sometimes, but this seems a wonderful way to have the best of both worlds.

Nicely done!

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Oh snap! Thats so awesome! I wish I had that, someone investing in me! She will thank you when she is older. Are you going to put it into an account that will grow over time? I hope so!

Must have been tough to part with them, but when it comes to your family, its sort of a no brainer!

HIGH FIVE!

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I love it.

Sure, you can keep a couple. You don't need a large collection to defend yourself. It makes perfect sense.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I been sorting out what will be sold all day. The memeories that some of these items bring fourth are fond, fond memories. I allways knew one day I would sell them off or give them to my son & daughter. They both have their own and found it quite nice I was gonna do for Zoie with them. I have picked out the one's that I just cant part with, still quite a few. But my lil gran-baby will have quite the nestegg waiting. I have family that owns a gunshop-dealer. They are gonna take them all some will be sold at their store by consignment other ones are to be auctioned off. The ones that are to be auctioned are quite old and are rare collectors items. I can still protect myself and my family. Folks understand I never had grandparents, all passed away before my birth. I envied my childhood friends that had grandparents, was some lonley sundays with all your friends spending the day at their grams house. I now am that PAW-PAW and I relish the role. Hug your kids, hug your grandkids, hell go hug the neighbor kid across the street!! Yea I will make an impact on lil Zoie's life. I knew I was buying these firearms for a reason.
edit on 19-9-2013 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
It looks like my granddaughter will have a nice little start for her future. If I have done the math correct, I will be able to put about $17,000 in a cd for her by Oct 30th. I have divided the remainder of my collection into three. What I want to keep for myself, and what I have put back for my blood son and daughter. Zoie is my stepsons child. But right now my only grandchild. And from the looks of it the only one I'll ever have to spoil.

When it comes to the money Maw Maw will handle that. Woman could tell you how much we spent last year on meat, then break that down by meat groups, then species, then.... you get the point she keeps good books and can make a dollar stretch to Florida. Don't get me wrong folks, I still have the firearms I could not part with. Some sentimental value ones, my home defence items, and the ones that are just really hard to come by. They stay with me and will be put in my will to be passed on to my son. My father brought me up to be a respectfull gun owner and enthusiast. I hopefully have emparted that in my kids. Thanks to all who replied. OYM1262

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Nice.

Not much more to say other than that.
Its a big chunk of change that should help the college costs nicely.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

That's what I'm hoping for . A good nest egg for her for college. By then I'm sure my little account will at least pay for books!! Thanks again for the new avatar.

new topics

top topics

join