It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Using ATS from an iPad for the first time!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
What is this ,I don't even...

Well ok, actually it's not too bad really. This is the first time I have actually used an iPad at all, let alone successfully! This has opened my eyes to several possibilities where mobile connectivity is concerned. Also, we'll done to Skeptic Overlord and Co. on the compatibility front. The site seems to be working great with these new fangled tablet computer things.
edit on 19-9-2013 by TrueBrit because: Ballsed up the first attempt at posting the thread

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I'm refusing those.. Haha. I've decided I'm too old. (Maybe it's because I tried a mac one) I always feel trapped in mac devies, like I can't see above them..

"Grandpa paper doesn't buy things."
"but it's money."
"how could paper be money hahaha that's dumb."

I'm so screwed.

Glad it's working for you though.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

I am right there with you more often than not. I cannot get on with smart phones, and I thought that I would hate using an iPad, mainly because I can touch type on a proper keyboard at a prodigious speed. However, I have to say that aside from the getting used to actually having to look at the on screen keyboard occasionally, I am finding this to be a pretty positive experience.

What I would say as a caveat to my positive comments regarding this interface, is that I will never replace my laptop with one of these iPad things, because I do not feel comfortable enough with things like their inherent lack of hardihood, coupled with their extremely high prices for replacements and repairs.

However,this is my first day in the future, if you will allow me such an obtuse turn of phrase,so maybe I will get used to it ?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
you will get used to it no problem. i use mine nearly all the time when i come on here as it is so easy to use

edit on 19-9-2013 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

Meant to say, there is an app that can put a shortcut to ATS on your main screen....
edit on 19-9-2013 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

Heh! It's been less than eight hours, and already I am using ATS on the pad, while watching BBC news on the television, and watching Criminal Minds on the laptop.

I have a triple data stream input happening here, and I am a bloody technophobe!
edit on 19-9-2013 by TrueBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

That's what I do, I lie on top of the bed and watch the TV while using the iPad, can't beat it lol

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

After a considerable test period, I can safely say that triple data streaming is... Epic. My ability to learn things, absorb more knowledge, more data, two thirds of it at any one time being subconsciously subsumed into storage up in the dusty attic of the mind, has awakened in me, a greater appreciation than ever, for the technological breakthroughs which have made it possible.

I can, at any given moment, be making a post on the internet, watching quality crime drama, and absorbing the evening news, or a documentary program. It amazes me that just ten years ago, doing the same thing would have required four times the proportional financial outlay on equipment, and a significant understanding of information and communication technology, just to set up!

Go 2013!

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Good for you! You will soon find it is second nature to use the iPad for ATS or anything else you need or want to do on the internet. My old desktop PC broke down a few weeks ago and at one time I would have paid a small fortune to get it fixed, but I took out the hard drive and memory and binned it. These days it's all about laptops, which I have, and iPads etc, not big bulky pcs unless of course you are into gaming....

top topics

join