It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do they force us to watch only the POPULAR Youtube Videos???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I was thinking about this recently. We're forced to watch pretty much mostly the most popular youtube videos for any search. They never show and make it hard to find any new videos or ones just posted by random people. It seems like if your video doesn't already have hundreds or thousands of views then no one would ever know about it? Maybe there's a way to search for new videos, who knows? but it's definitely A CONSPIRACY!!!

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Maybe it has also to do with whom you are subscribed to?if you are subscribed to someone's channel you automatically get notification of their new uplloads.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   

type in search, but then after hitting enter look just under the search bar.. There is a button called filter..

Using that correctly helps in finding certain videos.

What i find fun is ill just keep clicking the most random videos on the right side until i get into a less popular area. Then i get inspired to do research on something in particular that isn't so main stream.

edit on 9/19/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

God damn it. I was going to be a smart alec and say "But dude, when I search for hhrr I get no results, even with the filters!!! hyuk!"

but it's youtube...

there are lots of matches for hhrr

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Hi Dustytoad,Yes its like a network of veins like in the body,once you start on that road-and the smaller veins are home to some fascinating finds,to say the least

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   

spartacus699
We're forced to watch pretty much mostly the most popular youtube videos for any search.

Yes, they are real bastards, tying you up in front of your computer, holding your eyes open and forcing you to watch videos.

you really should move, they do not do that here....

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   

It works like radio. The artists that get played get paid. Local radio stations take money from local markets (by selling advertising) and funnel it to their favored recipients (artist & management).

Youtube is funneling money in a similar way to their chosen people.

Whether or not the artist is popular or even talented has nothing to do with it. The ''popularity'' is force fed. Do you really think Iggy Pop, the Ramones and KISS are talented? They are fabricated money magnets.

Having a non-intelligent host society to feed off of is a great survival strategy. When the host dies you move on to the next one.

Business owners tend to favor welfare payments. Why?
Because the welfare payments ultimately end up in their cash registers as the lousy good for nothing bums who receive the welfare eagerly run out and spend every last dime like an immature child who knows nothing of the value of work or building the world. The business owners enjoy increased sales every time welfare payments are increased.

In a similar way, ''entertainment'' and popular ''programming'' suck the money from the host.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   

winofiend

God damn it. I was going to be a smart alec and say "But dude, when I search for hhrr I get no results, even with the filters!!! hyuk!"

but it's youtube...

there are lots of matches for hhrr

Don't be sad you picked up on the rest of my post.
That was my last hint. Type random things.

Oh and this works way better if you NEVER log in to youtube.

hhrr was random, but then I found this.. Whoa turn down the volume.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   

spartacus699
I was thinking about this recently. We're forced to watch pretty much mostly the most popular youtube videos for any search. They never show and make it hard to find any new videos or ones just posted by random people. It seems like if your video doesn't already have hundreds or thousands of views then no one would ever know about it? Maybe there's a way to search for new videos, who knows? but it's definitely A CONSPIRACY!!!

I watch youtube everyday;and I have never had this problem,even in the past when I uploaded vids I could easly find them.It must be something to do with you and how you use youtube,I never have any problems with it.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   

I know man, it was just silliness on my part, it's been a long day and I'm stuffed. Levity is all I can do.

you were sposed to, in theory, go "Stupid wino, you missed the point entirely!"

.. which you sorta just did, I guess.. lol

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I should build my own video sharing site. I'll call it, just 30 seconds of crap dot com. It will be for all the people who have videos on youtube, which are millions of people, but who's videos have no views. Ill say "post to us" because we love your crap!

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   

So it's true Red cars do go faster.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
You gotta be smart when using the keywords, look at other videos, see what keywords they are using, and use the same or similiar

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by XXX777

In a similar way, ''entertainment'' and popular ''programming'' suck the money from the host.

You have no idea how anything really works based on your post. Media companies are always trying to find the next thing that tickles the fancy of the fickle public. They often get it totally wrong and lose whole boxcar loads of money. Media is consumer driven, it's more akin to a big brawling baby who is really picky about food and the media company Mom is running around trying to find something it will eat. Look at what is popular, it's really hard to figure out just who the audience is sometimes. YouTube, I think, is very popular with kids and young people. It's absolutely filled with crap content and overloaded with adds. Your still a big baby, it's just with YouTube, you can pick through all the foods yourself and find what you like.

V

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   

You're not really describing youtube per se....you're describing the internet!.....every search on the web is ranked by popularity.

Ever noticed what threads/posts are the first you come to on ATS?....that's right....the most popular ones!

Most of the videos at the top of youtube's search are videos posted by marketers, they know how to optimise the content and descriptions for the search engines.....a conspiracy it ain't!

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

exactly. There are ways to try to go around this. One of them is using an outside search engine. I do the same thing for ATS. I don't use their search, I just go to google or similar and type in a topic and put ATS at the end..

Then the fun part.. Click on page 6 or 8, and go deeper into the web..

Found this video on youtube: Cary Tagawa abovetopsecret.com Interview with member Antar

I searched for [ "abovetopsecret.com" ,video ] and then filtered it by date posted.. Went back about 5 years and this popped up..

Another tip if you are trying to find something without tags that you know should be uploaded as it's a daily thing you search for the name and change the setting to "today" For instance, im about to go listen to art bells radio show from last night... I love his opening oh my. So Intense!

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I think Youtube is as good as your search skills are to ask it for what you want. I'd say it's like Google ..except, of course, it IS Google these days, so that's kinda silly to say now.

The point is solid though. Use the same advanced search methods with Youtube that work with Google (+ and - for instance, to absolutely include or absolutely exclude results based on a word the signs are attached to).

I think one of my instructors said Youtube made it to the 2nd or 3rd largest search engine in the world, in it's own right. I wouldn't say it's any conspiracy to direct traffic as much as just an ocean of junk with a % of gold ...mixed into so much background, it's like finding the proverbial needle in a haystack unless it's asked for real 'nice' like. lol...

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

spartacus699

Not only that I have seen News and other Media outlets saying something has "GONE VIRAL" when it has a few thousand hits! NOBODY decides if something goes viral it just happens! That disturbs me...

top topics

join