It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This new version of ATS is DEAD!!!! Will it ever revive???

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Google REALLY likes the new ATS format.

The "old" ATS.2010 was a mis-matched hodge-podge of user-facing technologies -- old HTML standards mixed with new standards whenever we could get away with it.

Also, the code-heavy and image-rich "chrome" that surrounds site content was often more than half the total "payload" (HTML download) of the old site. With the new front-end, it's often less than 20%.

Before the cut-over, we had just eeked over 2 million pages of AboveTopSecret.com indexed in Google. That's a lot, but I knew it wasn't everything.

Now... a huge jump after checking this morning...

Far from dying... far from needing to be revived.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

SkepticOverlord

IE8 users are weeks away from loosing much more functionality than you have on ATS across the entire Internet. The sites/businesses lining up behind Google and dropping support is becoming to long to list.

I use IE9.

On what are you basing that odd assumption?

My bad I didnt realise all sites go down in traffic during summer.
edit on 19/9/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: fixed quote

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

EarthCitizen07
I use IE9.

Based on your descriptions of the issues you were having, it sounded like IE8. I've tested everything in IE9, and have not found the problems you're indicating.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

SkepticOverlord

EarthCitizen07
I use IE9.

Based on your descriptions of the issues you were having, it sounded like IE8. I've tested everything in IE9, and have not found the problems you're indicating.

I am not having any luck uploading images now since the change to 5.3. I browse for the image, then click the gray icon but nothing happens. In fact I have to refresh the page to get rid of the dialogue box.

I also didnt have any luck posting images directly from my account using the full url. I will try the pic bb code.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Any time the cheese gets moved, you are gonna hear about it. Six months from now, who will notice?

True, I have to search around a little more to do something but it will go to muscle memory pretty soon.

I still dig ATS and the new format has little bearing on that.

My only 'meh ? I miss the big firehose listing on new posts. To me it was the meat and potatoes of the show. Now it looks like it is on a diet. The rest seems fine though.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

ABNARTY
I miss the big firehose listing on new posts. To me it was the meat and potatoes of the show. Now it looks like it is on a diet. The rest seems fine though.

Really? It shows much more content than the old Firehose.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Details, schmetails...

OK. Got it. "New" is better than the old or new "Firehose". I was not looking in the right place. Operator error.

I guess that takes care of my only complaint. Such service

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join