It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This new version of ATS is DEAD!!!! Will it ever revive???

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

And behold it was so

Beezer donned spandex and was sent into the wilderness to spread the word of the spandex God

Cody

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Dominicus

Your right, the user base have def left the sight, it looks too much like a site for death things like funerals too I think, the settings are no longer clear either, but I will give site owners there due, if they wished to kill the site off it has def worked, I use it little now myself.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Meh.

I still prefer the old version - but all our whining won't get us anywhere.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I don't like the new version as much as the old version either.

First world problems eh?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   

I don't understand this new version.

Everything looks like squares for buttons. No smilies. Everything is disorganized. I don't like this at all. This is why I barely sign in much anymore. Everything here is so messed up. I used to come here for my news, but I've found another place now that is not such a mess! Sorry ATS, please go back to your old forum.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   

While I do agree that the new design will take some getting used to, ATS has been "alive" for me. New threads, posts and replies show up for me like normal. The only thing I will honestly say I hate, are the smiley's.

I mean, c'mon! Looks like something AOL would have dreamed up on a bad acid trip in 1997! (I want to put a smiley face here, but I can't bring myself to use the smiley.)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   

ObservingYou
Meh.

I still prefer the old version - but all our whining won't get us anywhere.

i agree, for me it's about being able to read the information on posts i quote, very difficult to read because it's very faded so to speak, as well as recent threads being very washed out and difficult to read. i have found this to make it difficult to be here these days since i can't read much of anything but posts now.

that and the emoticons are kind of 90s on the graphics scale.
edit on 19-9-2013 by LittleBlackEagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I'm struggling to see any improvements.

Whilst I dislike change, I'm happy to acquiesce on the understanding that things will be better, but it's rarely the case.

Change happens all the time at my place of work and there is NEVER any improvement (quite often it's worse than before).

I'm beginning to toy with the conspiracy theory that globalists want to befuddle rational thinking around the world by change for change' sake.

I might start a thread on it.
edit on 19-9-2013 by CJCrawley because: (no reason given)

link   
The new version clearly is made to cater to the mobile generation.

Fact is, more and more people *do* surf the net via mobile devices.

Sadly, this will also mean even more short, low quality posts since mobile users are not exactly those people who write lengthy, in-depth and engaging posts. Sorry guys, FACT.

So..from that P.o.V....the new theme WILL further bring down the quality of this site.

More one-liners, more trolling, more shallow nonsense posts.

And the "horizontal sizing issue" is still not solved in regards to the new theme.

On the other hand..I read that SO himself wrote the new theme, so I will give him props for the hard work not having hired some but actually putting hand on himself to improve the site. Always good to see.

link   

I dont like the emoticons.
its the only thing.. there amateurish.. large, colorful they don't fit well on a site that has very crisp and clear fonts, menu's, buttons etc.. this sites professional, those emoticons remind me of the annoying spam versions!

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Wasn't it the Americans who gave us the timeless adage, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"?

Irony.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Main thing I don't like about this version of ATS is the lack of message notification. I had a bunch of messages (U2Us) sitting in my inbox, and didn't know it until I went to send a message.

Or is there something I have to turn on for that?

That and I miss the old emotes......

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I prefer the old version much more than the new version. First of all I cant upload new images, second I cant use any of them in my posts(only as avatar and background), third the emoticons are too plastic(mcdonalds style).

Anyone with IE has lost some functionality and personally I dont feel like using some third party browser. I am too used to IE and like it.

Traffic does seem to have gone down drastically since may. I see the same threads as hottest topic for a week if not more. Years ago you would see new hot topics within 24 hours. I am not sure if excessive trolling by agents is the reason or something else.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I'm getting used to the new design, and seeing as I frequently access this site using my mobile, I have definitely seen an improvement in that area. I used to have to scroll side to side to read all the text in a post, and now I don't. that in and of itself is a blessing and a much needed improvement.

The assumption that the quality on this site will be lowered by mobile access users is misplaced IMHO.

I think the biggest problem that may result from people being able to post to this site from their mobile devices is what autocorrect may do to a post.

For the record, I made this post from my mobile device!
edit on 9/19/2013 by ThreeSistersofLoveandLigh because: add mobile comment

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I'm struggling with something on this new ATS ~ people who complain about it.

The content is the same, the posters are the same, some of the buttons have changed places and the screen is fresher.

So what on earth is the problem? Click the contrast button on the top right corner, change the display from light to dark and its simply a more modern version of the last format.

In a world where people are being killed with chemical weapons and we all could have been at war again now, moaning about a web layout is awfully petty. Its a case of call the Wambulance I'm afraid....

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I need the assitance of a mod please.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

EarthCitizen07
Anyone with IE has lost some functionality

IE8 users are weeks away from loosing much more functionality than you have on ATS across the entire Internet. The sites/businesses lining up behind Google and dropping support is becoming to long to list.

and personally I dont feel like using some third party browser.

Then the Internet will become an ever-stranger place for you, where people increasingly discuss things you cannot see or use.

Traffic does seem to have gone down drastically since may.

On what are you basing that odd assumption?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

CJCrawley
Wasn't it the Americans who gave us the timeless adage, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"?

It was broken. I've said that dozens of times in threads like these to people like you who make inaccurate assumptions based on a total lack of facts.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I like the new one much better.
I just don't like the smilies.
But that's fine .... I'll take the YUK smilies if it means I can see the board better.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I of course defer to your far superior technical know-how.

But, as a normal common-or-garden ATS member with basic computer skills, there seems absolutely no difference between the old version and the new. Except, as several members have observed, the old one seemed somehow more attractive (icons aside).

But that's just a personal point of view.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join