It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Took video of object in the sky 9/17/13 in Clark Summit Pennsylvania

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
It is hard to see without zooming in but it is a white object to the right of the lowest tree branch,
I saw a video from Australia today that looked just like it, the 2 videos are below.

edit on 18-9-2013 by zigoapex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by zigoapex

In your video, I see a tiny white speck that I have to lean in with my face about an inch from the screen to even be able to see, and the bottom video is of a jumbo jet and it's dissipating contrail behind it.

At the very least you could provide some information about what it was you videoed. How do you expect anyone to make any kind of judgement?

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I can barely make out a white spot in your video. Hard to tell how big or how far or anything. I agree with the other poster that the 2nd video looks like a contrail of a plane. I would guess it getting smaller or disappearing is just the plane changing directions and moving away or towards the camera view.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Yah, it would be nice to get a time stamp or arrow pointing to what it is in the first video.

I saw a bird at :38...

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
did it move?

Hopefully someone will come along and enhance your video, I barely see a speck.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

These videos suck. no wonder people are sceptics.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I see nothing abnormal here. I do see a slight contrail being caught by the setting sun...

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Like i said in the post, its hard to see without zooming in, i used vlc and zoomed in on it, (couldn't record it from the vlc player to post it here) you can see it better
Its not a jet or a contrail, it moves to slow and it disappeared (at the end of video i didnt capture it reappearing on video, istopped recording and saw it reappear)then reappeared then disappeared again,
There is more information on the youtube caption.
"veiw in full screen.hd, it's is a small white object to the right of the lowest branch of the tree.I filmed it at my son's soccer practice, at first i thought it was a cloud, but then realized there were no other clouds in the sky, after watching it I noticed it was moving slowly, it disappeared then reappeared,then disappeared again. It seemed to be at a very high altitude. I am not sure if it is an anomaly, or an object. feel free to comment."

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Hi, from what I can see in your movie I say most probably Venus (all circunstances add up to this answer ... who stop filming a true UFO). The second video, with the clouds passing by infront of the object giving a false sense of movement, the sunset behind low altitude clouds ... reflection of the sun on ice cristals from a high altitude cloud.
My 2 cents.
Regards

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I saw the same thing except it was mobile in a small part of the sky next to a contrail and a well-formed cirrus cloud.
This was on 7Sept2013 at ~4:00 PM . I used 50x Binoculars and I could not see it with naked eye. The cirrus cloud began to thicken and drop lower to the ground in a period of one-half hour. A magenta-colored militery transport jet heading toward Dover, Delaware was observed . Hmmm. The silvery object was piercingly pinpoint-bright and morphed as it floated about in the field of view of the binoculars. It was as high as the military jet contrails. I live near the Delaware border in Media, PA, 19063.
The rest of the cirrus clouds were normal and stayed high in the stratosphere. What do you think?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by 2timesOO

i didn't stop filming it disappeared, and Venus does not move and is much brighter, but thanks for trying.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Its not a jet or a contrail, it moves to slow and it disappeared (at the end of video i didnt capture it reappearing on video, istopped recording and saw it reappear)then reappeared then disappeared again,

It really does look like a jet and a short contrail coming kind of towards you and to the left. It would appear to move slowly at that angle. It likely disappeared because of the sun angle on the contrail and/or it went behind leaves on the tree.

Here's the last we see of the little guy before fading and heading behind the leaves...

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Hello again,
I'm not a debunker and I have my share of strange sightings of UFO's (2 of them remain unexplained to me). I just looked for a reasonable explanation. Let's see a) you were looking west (sunset); b) for sometime now Venus can be seen at sunset at about the angle above the horizon, just like the object (just out of curiosity, did you spot Venus? ... because you should see it at that hour) d) Add a little haze low on the horizon and there you go: a flickering Venus.
Regards

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

intrptr

Yah, it would be nice to get a time stamp or arrow pointing to what it is in the first video.

I saw a bird at :38...

I hope that is not what we are meant to identify,

You can hear it sing as it flies past, if that is the UFO OP is talking about then UFOlogy is completely dead, sorry OP if it is what your talking about but after so many years of seeing the same hoaxes or similar ignorance being portrayed I tend to become a little annoyed and cynical.

The Sydney video looks like plane leaving a contrail from the few seconds I viewed the video at different times in the vid.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

zigoapex

Like i said in the post, its hard to see without zooming in, i used vlc and zoomed in on it, (couldn't record it from the vlc player to post it here) you can see it better
"veiw in full screen.hd, it's is a small white object to the right of the lowest branch of the tree.I filmed it at my son's soccer practice, at first i thought it was a cloud, but then realized there were no other clouds in the sky, after watching it I noticed it was moving slowly, it disappeared then reappeared,then disappeared again. It seemed to be at a very high altitude. I am not sure if it is an anomaly, or an object. feel free to comment."

Now that I have watched in full screen your video, I see the white dot your talking about and see that its in a westerly direction your filming as that looks like sun set so I would say you have captured the Planet Venus.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

Can't be Venus... the Earth doesn't rotate that fast...

It's a jet.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Hello,
No, the earth don't rotate that fast ... but you can.

Grab a camera, point it to Venus, with a close reference, e.g. a tree, and slowly take a few steps sideways ... you have that effect. You see, sometimes people forget to mention that they moved while filming.
Regards
edit on 19-9-2013 by 2timesOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

No, the earth don't rotate that fast ... but you can.

Yes, that's obvious.

However, I don't see much evidence of that in the OP video. The camera turns a little right to left, but it doesn't look like the person taking the video is moving right to left.

I'm giving him the benefit of doubt that he's not a hoaxer and that the object was moving ever so slowly in reference to the viewer. You appear to be insinuating that he is either deliberately trying to pass off Venus as a UFO, or can't discern a planet from a moving object.

edit on 9.19.2013 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

No, I'm not insinuating that he is deliberately trying to fool us. What I'm saying is that he might not be familiar with the planet Venus. As I put it in a earlier post to the OP, a) he was looking west (sunset); b) that for sometime now Venus can be seen at sunset at about the an angle above the horizon similar to the object ... and asked if he spoted Venus? ... because he should at that hour; d) if you add a little haze low on the horizon you have a flickering Venus.
Regards
edit on 19-9-2013 by 2timesOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

i was sitting in my truck parked with the window down,I wasn't moving. it definitely not Venus
that I am POSITIVE of because I see Venus all the time, its very bright and is lower in the sky at that time.
I thought it was a contrail but it remained a constant size, and i was not moving,also contrails don't not dissipate that fast. absolutely no haze in the sky.

edit on 19-9-2013 by zigoapex because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-9-2013 by zigoapex because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join