It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mad about Guns: America's Deadly Weapons Obsession

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

GunzCoty
reply to post by Bassago

Yeah the Navy Yard shooting is bad. When crazy people do crazy stuff it usually is bad but people who aren't connected to the issues should just butt out.
It was also a GUN FREE ZONE.
See the pattern?

Yep
Gun Free Zone = Target Practice

I still can't believe a military location was "Gun Free." I mean what the hell? I've been out of the loop for a while but we never had that problem when I was in the military. When did this toothlessness begin?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Galvatron
reply to post by crazyewok

Just disgusting behaviour for an adult, that's all.

What is?

Pointing out that there is a first part to the consititution?

Ok yeah sure!

Sheesh you would have thought I said I eat babies!
edit on 19-9-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

crazyewok

Galvatron

Just disgusting behaviour for an adult, that's all.

What is?

Pointing out that there is a first part to the consititution?

Ok yeah sure!

Now you are ignoring. I wouldn't have called you a troll until this very point.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

crazyewok

Not really as my point still stands.

Everyone quotes the secound part but never the first like its some typo .

I did not get schooled or served or burnt in anything. Just pointing out a true obesrevation.

Galvatron is most likley right.

Still doesnt make my obervation wrong.

I never made a claim to what wellregulated meant on this thread only that its hardly mentioned. Which is true!

You know people tend to dangle and squirm when hanging from an end of a rope. You are dancing now as Galvatron unloaded a full magazine of facts at you and you are trying to say "Ooooh, that's not what I meant" because your ego is bruised, but if you want and need this little bit of comfort, I guess I can grant you that out. We see it for what it is.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

Lets talk about before guns, when villagers were not allowed to have a sword.

And America didnt even exist!

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

No. Saying in so many words "i know better than you, here's why" with a decidedly moral high ground tut tut. Only to find out that you didn't know better and acted a fool in the process. If you don't know about something, then don't chime in thinking that you do.

It would be like me flying to Mongolia and settling a dispute between herders knowing nothing other than what I read in some article written in an in-flight magazine.

Like I said, very American of you.
edit on 19-9-2013 by Galvatron because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

UnifiedSerenity

You know people tend to dangle and squirm when hanging from an end of a rope. You are dancing now as Galvatron unloaded a full magazine of facts at you and you are trying to say "Ooooh, that's not what I meant" because your ego is bruised, but if you want and need this little bit of comfort, I guess I can grant you that out. We see it for what it is.

And you are qualified to tell me what I meant why?

You can tell my Ego was brusied why?

I meant what I meant its just a observation.

You and the others are just insecure so your creating a enemy out of nothing to focus your insecurity on.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I guess they forgot that they are one of Europe´s biggest arms dealers and manufacturers. I remember how they made sure that part of Greece´s bailout money was in the first place used to pay back the money they owed for German and French arms deals.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Galvatron

No. Saying in so many words "i know better than you, here's why" with a decidedly moral high ground

I never did. I just made a observation.

Galvatron

If you don't know about something, then don't chime in thinking that you do.

What is it I was wrong on? I dont know? Was I wrong about the consititution saying "Well regulated"?

As for the meaning ? I think what you said was a good explanation. I dont know if I agree with it yet but its something to ponder as its one on many interpretation I have heard. And to be honnest your is in the top 5.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

So you challenge my ability to infer, then infer that somehow i'm insecure. Just asking for a little integrity from the start, that's all. I don't take kindly to being called dumb, directly, or indirectly, especially when its in the form of defensive posturing.

We're done here.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Galvatron

So you challenge my ability to infer, then infer that somehow i'm insecure. Just asking for a little integrity from the start, that's all. I don't take kindly to being called dumb, directly, or indirectly, especially when its in the form of defensive posturing.

We're done here.

If I was calling you dumb I wouldnt have started you first reply to me and be claiming I like you interpretation of well regulated.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

EU Citizens Should Demand Their Guns Back

editorial by Bassago

See how ridiculous something like this sounds to other people. I have no right to tell the people of the EU what to do. That was one point I was making. The other is that the original article came from a New York journalist writing editorial for a German media outlet complaining about the US and it's laws.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Bassago

EU Citizens Should Demand Their Guns Back

editorial by Bassago

See how ridiculous something like this sounds to other people. I have no right to tell the people of the EU what to do. That was one point I was making. The other is that the original article came from a New York journalist writing editorial for a German media outlet complaining about the US and it's laws.

No but your allowed a opinion.

Freedom of speech and all.

BTW Im not a supporter of strict gun control which may surprise you!

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

benrl
Well its only fair, we Americans bitch about the European Union, and German economic policy all the time...

Hey wait a sec, we don't...

So yea, they can STFU and mind their own business.

ETA:

And if they Germans weren't so eager for registration and confiscation we wouldn't of had WW2...

In 1919, the German government passed the Regulations on Weapons Ownership, which declared that "all firearms, as well as all kinds of firearms ammunition, are to be surrendered immediately."[2] Under the regulations, anyone found in possession of a firearm or ammunition was subject to five years' imprisonment and a fine of 100,000 marks.

Damn guess they should of kept them.
edit on 18-9-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

Yes. Of all people, the Germans should not be talking about disarming the citizens.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

crazyewok

bigfatfurrytexan

Lets talk about before guns, when villagers were not allowed to have a sword.

And America didnt even exist!

Neither did ewoks. What is your point?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

Neither did ewoks. What is your point?

Point being you cant compare the standards medievil Europe to colonial era USA no more than you can compare 21st century to the colonial era.

And unless you are native American those were your relatives too.

If you want to compere 1776 US law to Europe compare it to 1776 UK law.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Have they seen pictures from the middle east? Every man and child carries around a rifle. The women probably would too if the men there treated them like actual human beings.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Klassified
reply to post by Catacomb

If you are mentally unstable, you shouldn't be allowed to get a gun.

Who decides what mental instability is? It's subjective at best. And an easy way to take guns away from law abiding citizens at worst. My take is simple, and has been posted many times before on ATS...

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life"

Don't be ridiculous. Common sense tells you what is mentally unstable. People hearing voices, and thinking that ray guns are being shot at them to microwave their body...that's mentally unstable. Those people should never be able to buy a gun in their lifetime.
edit on 19-9-2013 by Catacomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I'd hate to see it happen . . .

but one is left with the inescapable conclusion that

unless such gun-allergic clueless folks were forcibly raped at gunpoint, they'd still fail to see the practical usefulness to be able to fittingly and successfully defend against gun CRIMES.

Why such folks WANT ONLY CRIMINALS to end up with the guns . . . is still mind-boggling.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Well you know what they say, those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

I also wonder if any of the anti-gun group or a member of their family has ever been violently assaulted. You would think with all the UK violence they would at least get it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join