It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mad about Guns: America's Deadly Weapons Obsession

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

benrl

Hey wait a sec, we don't...

Actually alot of you do!
I would name names but that most likley a T&C violation.

benrl
And if they Germans weren't so eager for registration and confiscation we wouldn't of had WW2...

I would read up on your history! Hitler was willing voted in by the massed. Te German people willing went into WW2 like sheep to the slaughter.
Very diffrent situation.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
Moreover, weapons were not allowed, which allowed for various authority figures to victimize people.

WRONG

Gun control in the UK didnt come in till the 1930's

The "right to bear arms" was taken from british common law!

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Bassago

Germany . keep . nose . out . none . of . your . business

O im sure Europe would

When

America. keep . nose . out . none . of . your . business

As the USA sticks it nose in everyone elses damed buisness!

Be happy its just words from us seeing as the USA like to back its borthering in other countrys business with threats of war!

edit on 19-9-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Bassago
"shall NOT be infringed."

It also says "well regulated"

If your going to quote the constitution quote it all. Unless you think the first section was a typo or a mistake by your founding fathers?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Regulation as an English word, had a slightly different meaning back then. Regulation didn't mean mandates by law that restricted or governed. Rather, regulated meant "in good working order". In military terms, a regulated unit of infantry meant they had good drill and accuracy with their firearms. There is a veritable mountain of literary support for this definition. It was quite commonly used to describe something that "worked well" in those times. A we regulated militia does not mean a militia that is subject to legal regulation and government oversight if using the language of the time. It means a militia that is well disciplined, well drilled, and proficient with arms.

I challenge you to find a piece of literature from that time that used the word regulation or regulated in reference to legal mandate or sanction and that doesn't infer through context the proper working of the subject.

Even today, the old custom hunting firearm companies like Holland & Holland, James Purdey & Sons, Hartmann & Weiss, Lebeau Courally, the old school firms still use the word regulated to mean the proper function of their guns.

edit on 19-9-2013 by Galvatron because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Galvatron

O im not arguing just makeing the point people always quote the 2nd part but never the first part like its never there.

I dont live in the USA so you can have your silly guns thats your choice. Im just here to add a diffrent persepective or view point. Bit boreing if everyone posts the same things IE ThEy T00K OurZ GunZ !

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Then don't claim knowledge while being ignorant. You are behaving like so many Americans I know. Being a dual citizenship holder, UK/US and having right of abode in both countries, I feel you have represented my English side poorly.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

crazyewok

O im not arguing just makeing the point people always quote the 2nd part but never the first part like its never there.

I dont live in the USA so you can have your silly guns thats your choice. Im just here to add a diffrent persepective or view point. Bit boreing if everyone posts the same things IE ThEy T00K OurZ GunZ !

You're not arguing because you just got schooled! I hope you can just admit it and say you were wrong.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Yeah the Navy Yard shooting is bad. When crazy people do crazy stuff it usually is bad but people who aren't connected to the issues should just butt out.
It was also a GUN FREE ZONE.
See the pattern?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Thank you for the lesson on the use of the term "Well regulated" as I did learn something. I shall now add that to my arsenal of knowledge, and feel my day has not been wasted.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

crazyewok

Bassago

Germany . keep . nose . out . none . of . your . business

O im sure Europe would

When

America. keep . nose . out . none . of . your . business

Yes! We've been screaming that at the government for quite a while but they don't listen too good.
Anyway . had . too . say . it

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

Haha, thanks. If you want specifics, and mind you this list is brief compared to the mountain of instances it was used back then as it was quite a common phrase, check out the following:

Well Regulated

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Galvatron

Then don't claim knowledge while being ignorant. You are behaving like so many Americans I know. Being a dual citizenship holder, UK/US and having right of abode in both countries, I feel you have represented my English side poorly.

I think you failed to grasp the point. ................sigh................

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

UnifiedSerenity

You're not arguing because you just got schooled! I hope you can just admit it and say you were wrong.

Not really as my point still stands.

Everyone quotes the secound part but never the first like its some typo .

I did not get schooled or served or burnt in anything. Just pointing out a true obesrevation.

Galvatron is most likley right.

Still doesnt make my obervation wrong.

I never made a claim to what wellregulated meant on this thread only that its hardly mentioned. Which is true!

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Nice one. No one believes you, they all got the point, you got called out and instead of just leaving the thread, like a coward, you lash out and pretend we're all dumb. Get stuffed.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

crazyewok

UnifiedSerenity

Not really as my point still stands.

Everyone quotes the secound part but never the first like its some typo .

I did not get schooled or served or burnt in anything. Just pointing out a true obesrevation.

But it was pointed out infinitum times that "the first part" is not a law nor an edict. It is a statement. The law starts after 'shall".

Not to mention the fact that "well regulated" means "well equipped and trained". Since there is no point about how this "regulation" will be maintained, it stands to reason that "the first part" is made mostly immaterial by the rest of the statement.

No, you have not been schooled. Because you are ignoring.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

crazyewok

Bassago
"shall NOT be infringed."

It also says "well regulated"

If your going to quote the constitution quote it all. Unless you think the first section was a typo or a mistake by your founding fathers?

But it DOES NOT say "SHALL be well regulated".

There is no order, no direction. Only a comment. So there is nothing, legally, to gain from "the first part".

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Galvatron

Nice one. No one believes you, they all got the point, you got called out and instead of just leaving the thread, like a coward, you lash out and pretend we're all dumb. Get stuffed.

Hit a nerve did I ?
Or just looking for a European to take your frusteration out on?

Eitherway you and the others creating a issue out of nothing for your own amusement.

I just made a observation that was all.

And I never lashed out.

Resorting to insultes is cowardly and childish.

link   

crazyewok

bigfatfurrytexan
Moreover, weapons were not allowed, which allowed for various authority figures to victimize people.

WRONG

Gun control in the UK didnt come in till the 1930's

The "right to bear arms" was taken from british common law!

Lets talk about before guns, when villagers were not allowed to have a sword.

link   

Just disgusting behaviour for an adult, that's all. I don't suffer fools lightly. Your trolling is ludicrous.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join