It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel’s History of Chemical Weapons Use

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000

I was thinking there might be something a little more reliable and recent than a field report from 1948. Err..
I'll pre-empt your reply for you Sonny.
No, this is not "mana from heaven"
It's White Phosphorus , its use considered a War Crime by the UN, but when Israel uses it, its Urban Renewal.

edit on 18-9-2013 by Tw0Sides because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Yeah... No. I'm not going into the White Phosphorous nonsensical stuff. Aside from that, it's a moot point and has been for awhile now. Israel declared they were dumping WP out of their inventories entirely, in favor of other things to accomplish what it had been. It is a rather old and crude way of doing things anyway. That is especially true for the poor SOB's below, as the stuff lands, still hot enough to burn through someone. Not nice stuff at all.

Be sure to include most of the roughly 200 nations and entities in your list of war criminals though. White Phosphorous has many applications and is a common thing to find stocked and used across the world both in recent history and into the present.

(I just knew that was the basis of the topic, or would become that in short order)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

@OP,

Why is the title of your thread about Israeli CW use when the text you cite is about bio-warfare by Israel?

I fully appreciate that Israel is not a signatory to the CW Treaty, and that it has other WMDs and hasn't signed any of the related treaties, so it is a rogue nation in this and other respects, and that there is a double standard in how Israel and its WMD's are treated by the US and the international community, but I'm also for truth in advertising in ATS threads.

That said, I wasn't aware of this use of bio-warfare by the perfidious Zionists, so thanks for the information. [2 THUMBS UP]

Lack of thumbs up/down icons in the new ATS:

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Yeah... No. I'm not going into the White Phosphorous nonsensical stuff.

White Phosphorous use against civilians AND combatants is nonsensical stuff? Just like the nonsensical Zyklon-B stuff about the Nazis during the nonsensical holocaust during WWII, the nonsensical Agent Orange stuff about the US during the Vietnam War and the nonsensical depleted uranium stuff about the US during the first and second Gulf wars and the air campaign against Serbia. Not to mention the nonsensical fission bomb stuff about the US during WWII, and the nonsensical napalm stuff about the US during WWII, the Korean War, the Vietnam War and the first Gulf War.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000

I'm not sold on the idea Israel has had any meaningful CW program in modern times, when they went to the top and grabbed the brass ring right from the start with Nuclear. Nothing trumps that, so why screw with the domestic headaches and practical dangers of even storing effective CW?

At least the US and Russia also have chemical and bio weapons even though they have the largest nuclear weapons stockpiles, so why wouldn't Israel want to have the same? After all, one wants the right tool for the job.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

MrInquisitive

After all, one wants the right tool for the job.

Conventional weapons have been the weapon of choice though for EVERY Country.

That being said, All these Nations have blood on their hands. OP wants to hold Israel accountable, but doesn't see the bigger picture of holding all of them to the same standards. If he did he wouldn't try to peddle Israel as being the worst one out there or that Israel is the most hypocritical one in the ME.

I say this because the thread isn't really comprehensive, doesn't add all the Countries out there, and has a one sided slant used as its source. Just another Israeli bashing thread in the guise of holding one Nation accountable.

Many on ATS have made threads like this, and unfortunately its the same manufactured responses. Anytime I see a thread with Israel in it, I see the same type of posters and responses in it. No real tangible fix , and a lot of finger pointing. Israel is a corruptible Nation. So is Syria. So is the US, and Russia. Its not about how many have died, what type of weapons have been used. Its about finding a common fix for the mess. I know this. Even if America was out of the ME, there would be another Country, like Russia or China who would try to fill the gap of having their sphere of influence. History proves it time and time again.

I pray that those in the ME start teaching their children to stop hating, cause that is the only way Peace can be achieved in that region. Just my humble opinion in the matter.

edit on 19-9-2013 by sonnny1 because: typo, sorry

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000

I was thinking there might be something a little more reliable and recent than a field report from 1948. Err.. Something perhaps living people today may have at least been around to know about, if not be connnected to? I'm not sure what to make of that 40's report, but the age alone makes it about as interesting as the Japanese Bio weapons use against China a few years before that. Flea bombs...among other things. Crazy stuff...and from a whole different era of time.

So it's ok for Jews and Israelis to keep harping about the Nazi-sponsored Holocaust, but slightly more recent atrocities by Jews and Israelis don't count? Double standard much? Or are you saying that the genocide of European Jews by Nazi Germany is not very interesting or relevant either? In addition, I'd imagine that the Japanese use of chemical and biological weapons against the Chinese is quite well remembered in China. If US news and movie media were controlled by Chinese Americans, no doubt it would be well remembered here in the US too.

There appears to be a whole lot of documentation of this pernicious case of bio warfare by early modern Israel against Arabs:

In his book “War Diary” Ben Gurion confirmed the attack in an entry found on 27th of May 1948 where he stated: “[Chief of Staff Yigal Yadin] picked up a cable from Gaza saying they captured Jews carrying malaria gems and gave instructions not to drink water.” The Israeli author Yeruham Cohen wrote more about this cable in his book “In Daylight and Night Darkness”; Tel Aviv, 1969, pp66-68 (in Hebrew). The two Zionist agents; Horeen and Mizrahi, broke out of prison but were captured again and executed.

The Zionist crimes did not stop then, but targeted Egypt and Syria. On 22nd of July 1948 the [Palestinian] Higher Arab Committee (AHC) submitted a 13-page report to the UN accusing the Jews (the term Israelis was not used then) of using “inhumane” weapons and waging a genocidal war against the Arabs through the use of bacteria and germs. The report accused the Jews of spreading Cholera in Egypt and Syria in 1947/48. The award-winning journalist, Thomas J. Hamilton of the New York Times picked up the story and published it on 24th of July 1948.

During the summer of 1947 the United Nations Special Committee on Palestine (UNSCOP) was sent to Palestine and its neighboring Arab states proposing the partition of Palestine giving about 54% of the land to new Jewish immigrants who controlled only 6% of Palestine. Their proposition was met with fierce opposition from the only two strong Arab countries; Egypt and Syria, recently freed from the French Mandate. Syria was the center of Arab resistance to foreign occupation of any Arab country. Syria has established training centers in Qatana to prepare Arab volunteers to join the Arab Rescue Army in Palestine. Egypt and Syria, thus, became the main targets of Zionist gangs.

In his 220-page continually updated report under the title “Bioterrorism and Biocrimes: The Illicit Use of Biological Agents since 1900” Dr. W. Seth Carus of the Center for Counter Proliferation Research, National Defense University, Washington, DC, lists the following subtitle p. 87: “Case 1947-01: Zionist Terrorists 1947-1948.” He mentioned that the cholera outbreaks in Egypt and Syria had received extensive attention in the press. The first report about the cholera in Egypt was published in the Times of London on 26th September 1947 p.4. By the time the final cases appeared in January 1948 about 10,262 people had died.

The cholera outbreak in Syria was first reported by the New York Times on 22nd of December 1947 p. 5, but was limited to only two towns, Carus stated. The Syrian army formed a cordon sanitaire and the casualties were limited to 44 including 18 deaths. Soon after, the Orient; a Lebanese French-language newspaper reported that several Zionist agents, who employed the cholera germs to disrupt the mobilization of the volunteers army were arrested.

Assi, the son of Israeli General Moshe Dayan, wrote in his memoir published in Yediot that during the war his father brought home tubes containing typhus. He explained that the intent was to drop these tubes into the water supply of the Jordanian Legion. Before the plan was implemented one of the tubes broke and Assi got infected.

Naeim Giladi is an Iraqi Jew, who was lured to Israel by Mossad agents in early 1950s. He was a zealot Zionist, who later on left Israel after discovering its barbarism and immigrated to the US. He told the editor of The Link in New York that he discovered that within the Israeli Ashkenazi establishment “there was not much opportunity for those of us who were second class citizens. I began to find out about the barbaric methods to rid the fledgling state of as many Palestinians as possible. The world recoils today at the thought of bacteriological warfare, but Israel was probably the first to actually use it in the Middle East. Jewish forces would empty Arab villages of their population often by threats, sometimes by gunning down a half-dozen young men so that the Arabs could not return. The Israelis put typhus and dysentery bacteria in the water wells to prevent the refugees from returning.” [The Link, Vol. 31 Issue 2, April-May 1998]

source

As for reports of more recent uses of chemical weapons by Israel, i.e. from 1974-2004, see the reports linked to at this page:

Israel chemical gas attack reports

Also check out 33:40 in this BBC report about the use of some mysterious gas by Israel against Palestinians in recent years (the bulk of this report is about Israel's Dimona nuclear facility and the health hazards of it, and the prosecution of its whistleblowers):

edit on 19-9-2013 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   

sonnny1

MrInquisitive

After all, one wants the right tool for the job.

Conventional weapons have been the weapon of choice though for EVERY Country.

That being said, All these Nations have blood on their hands. OP wants to hold Israel accountable, but doesn't see the bigger picture of holding all of them to the same standards. If he did he wouldn't try to peddle Israel as being the worst one out there or that Israel is the most hypocritical one in the ME.

I say this because the thread isn't really comprehensive, doesn't add all the Countries out there, and has a one sided slant used as its source. Just another Israeli bashing thread in the guise of holding one Nation accountable.

Many on ATS have made threads like this, and unfortunately its the same manufactured responses. Anytime I see a thread with Israel in it, I see the same type of posters and responses in it. No real tangible fix , and a lot of finger pointing. Israel is a corruptible Nation. So is Syria. So is the US, and Russia. Its not about how many have died, what type of weapons have been used. Its about finding a common fix for the mess. I know this. Even if America was out of the ME, there would be another Country, like Russia or China who would try to fill the gap of having their sphere of influence. History proves it time and time again.

As to the right tool for the job, OBVIOUSLY the US and Russia/Soviet Union felt -- for rational and/or irrational reasons -- that they needed chemical and biological weapons in addition to nuclear weapons as some sort of military deterrent (hence my point that one needs the right tool for a specific job.)
And so Israel apparently thinks the same; however, unlike the two aforementioned countries, Israel has no interest in joining in the community of nations that have created treaties against WMD's. I'm well aware that the vast majority of military ordinance/weapons used have been conventional, but evidently some countries still see the potential use/need of BW's and CW's.

As for the purpose of this threads and ones like it, it is not to portray Israel as the worst country in the world, but to point out the extreme double standard in the treatment of Israel and that of other countries with WMD's, and that Israel should be held accountable for its WMD's. There have also been threads about the US's double standard in how it treated Saddam Hussein's Iraq, during the Reagan years, when the US supported Iraq while full well knowing that Iraq was using chemical weapons.

When Israel is held to the same standards as other countries, and the US ends its double standard of how it treats its allies with illegal WMD's vs. how it treats its adversaries with illegal WMD's, threads such as this one will no longer be necessary. Until then, you can count on people continuing to bring up the issue of Israel and its illegal WMD's, and the US's double standards in dealing with this issue vis a vis various countries.
edit on 19-9-2013 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   

MrInquisitive

@OP,

Why is the title of your thread about Israeli CW use when the text you cite is about bio-warfare by Israel?

I fully appreciate that Israel is not a signatory to the CW Treaty, and that it has other WMDs and hasn't signed any of the related treaties, so it is a rogue nation in this and other respects, and that there is a double standard in how Israel and its WMD's are treated by the US and the international community, but I'm also for truth in advertising in ATS threads.

That said, I wasn't aware of this use of bio-warfare by the perfidious Zionists, so thanks for the information. [2 THUMBS UP]

Lack of thumbs up/down icons in the new ATS:

Go read the article it will answer your questions.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Why are people like you so against Israel being held to the same laws as everyone else? Israel has committed more war crimes and human rights violations than any other nation on the planet yet nothing is done about it thanks to America. So yes Israel is one of the worst ones if not the worst on the planet.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   

buster2010

MrInquisitive

@OP,

Go read the article it will answer your questions.

No, actually it doesn't; the article you cite is also misleadingly titled. It, too, is primarily about this bio-warfare incident in Israel's past. In addition, the content of that article is very similar to the site/article that I cite, but which also provides links to reports/articles acutally about Israel's chemical weapons history.

Once again, if you are going to quote an excerpt of some article that primarily discusses "A", don't title it "B" just because the original article you cite is called "B", because it is misleading. This happens all too frequently here at ATS, i.e. that some will title their thread the same as some article they primarily quote from, when a different, more accurate title would make much more sense. I'm talking basic, sensible journalistic practices here; just because other blogs are incapable of doing so doesn't mean that ATS thread makers should blindly follow suit. Exercise some editorial discretion.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by darkmistandtrees

reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I posted a similar thread but the source was frowned upon.

I'd rather not link it but I think the article is well written and is relevant to this thread.

It can be found on the site Veterans Today and the title is "Punishment for Syria, Rewards for Syria’s Neighbour Israel".

It compares the similarities between the attack by the Al-CIAeda rebels and the israeli attack on the Palestinians in 2009.

edit on 19-9-2013 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Although Israel has a nuclear arsenal, its an arsenal that most countries would never dream of employing unless a war had got to the level of pure survival only and then off would go the nukes. The destruction Israel would bring to any of her neighbours would simply blow back on herself were she to use them. I expect she is already learning that uranian tipped weapons have a nasty side effect of killing and causing cancer which if used in Gaza will unbdoubtedly filter into Israeli occupied areas. But chemical weapons and bio weapons make more sence because they are aimed at the population, not the infrastructure of a country and consequently the winner can literally take all because the country itself that has been bombed with CWs can be taken over in tact - not a bomb site.

So of course I would expect most countries to hold these weapons in their arsenals. I also expect that they hold the necessary chemicals to clean up the mess afterwards to a certain extent in order to make habitable again the dropping site.

All governments seem today to lie to the public so unless a leak occurs we are unlikely to know the exact extent of any government's CWs arsenal.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Instead of holding Israel accountable, why not hold the US accountable for the double standard?

Israel use(d) WMD's.
So has;
USA
Russia
Syria
Iraq
Iran
Japan
China
Germany
etc.

Why not hold the UN accountable for it's weak and failed double standard?

To point out Israel for it's use, you'd have to point out the rest of the nation's uses as well.

Is there a double standard? Of course! *duh*

We let countries we LIKE get away with it.
We let countries WE'RE AFRAID OF get away with it.

We only use the standard when we need an excuse or justification to bomb the living hell out of a country!

Israel use(d) WMD's?

'Kay.

Blame America for it's hypocrisy.

Not Israel.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Why blame USA for Israel's use of chemical weapons. Israel runs USA..

www.policymic.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

buster2010
reply to post by sonnny1

Why are people like you so against Israel being held to the same laws as everyone else? Israel has committed more war crimes and human rights violations than any other nation on the planet yet nothing is done about it thanks to America. So yes Israel is one of the worst ones if not the worst on the planet.

That is not exactly true. The US is responsible for more human right violations than Israel by a long shot. Im not defending Israels actions but to say that is just far from the truth.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

No... The improper use of W.P. to actually kill and main civilians isn't nonsensical. That is a war crime and if I'm not mistaken, it's recognized as such, openly. So, why doesn't the world know the specific names of the battlefield level commanders that planned the missions, ordered the ordinance packages and then oversaw the deployment of W.P. in Gaza and Gaza City itself against general civilian populations?

That would be the legal way to handle what has been, at times, an honest to God war crime. Then again, it's also a war crime to hook a field telephone up to someone's chest like patching a call through, and play 'Dial the truth' with the hand crank. It's a major no no....but it's been known to happen and those doing it, should pay for it. It doesn't make the hand powered field telephone a whole new class of weapon it wasn't designed to be.

White Phosphorous wasn't designed or built to turn people into charcoal briquettes. Find a chemical agent which WAS made and intended to be used in killing people...You know...like the United Nations declares and recognizes as a Chemical Weapon? Well now, we'd be getting somewhere.

It's the tendency for people to just make stuff up as they go along these days ...like calling WP a Chemical Weapon just because we want to and it sounds like it 'should be', that gets annoying. It's annoying because it's flat out ignorant and a near proud display of willful ignorance at that. It's not recognized as a Chemical Weapon. That really is all it boils down to. Criminal misuse? Yup... Video even proves it's happened. CW agent? lol.... Not by any legal definition internationally recognized as such, it isn't.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by greavsie1971

Yes it is all one big hypocritic sham. We are friends with the worst of Dictators when it suits. Heck we even sell them the weapons to terrorise others! Plus - as well as Israel 's white phosphorus - let's not forget the west's depleted uranium. Oh and which country was it that dropped the atomic bomb? But I don't think the latter counts as chemical - so it's OK then to kill thousands upon thousands at a stroke. Not forgetting that radiation damage is the gift that keeps on giving...
We intervene in or help some countries and not others. It's about regions of influence and money - we all know that. It's about time they stopped dressing things up in faux moral outrage. If you are going to state you are against something because it's wrong then you have to take the same stance with every other offender.

edit on 19-9-2013 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I'm going to have to wade in here

Firstly as pointed out www.intifada-palestine.com is hardly a neutral source is it ?

Secondly please define WMD in your own words and not a wiki copy and paste, examples to follow. As you choose to answer

Then nuclear weapon
Then biological
Then chemical

Then please provide sources to reliable neutral information

Bear in mind I have Israeli citizenship before you answer,

WMD ? Hmmmmmmmm is there a point where a weapon becomes a WMD ? A number of deaths in one hit so to speak ?

Just a note for you

The cycle is familiar. Palestinian terrorists intentionally attack Israeli women and children. Israel, having absolutely no choice, retaliates against PLO infrastructures, aiming exclusively and conscientiously at military targets. But sometimes Israeli fire unavoidably kills and injures Palestinian noncombatants, creating the false impression of lawlessness on both sides. This delusionary view can be compared to an interpretation of current U.S. attacks against al-Qaida fighters which blames this country for harms done to Afghan civilians.

It is important to better understand the profound moral and legal differences between Palestinian terrorism, which is always deliberately barbarous and indiscriminate, and Israeli retaliations, which are always consciously designed to AVOID civilian casualties. From the standpoint of international law, two points must be made. First, the criminal intent of Palestinian terror represents an incontestable violation of humanitarian rules of armed conflict. It is essential, therefore, to distinguish between such terror and Israeli responses to terror, which are never intended to harm innocent parties.

By Prof. Louis Rene Beres

March 6, 2002
NewsWithViews.com

Source

Assuming you know better please reply accordingly

Cody

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

buster2010

And why are people like you so bent up about Israel when there's a World full of even worse Countries?

Maybe you dont know my post history.

I see others though, and read between the BS and hypocrisy.

I blame everyone equally. I dont have a vendetta against Israel. I dont slam Israel every chance I get, or for 7/8 of ALL my posts here on ATS. I call Iran the US, Russia, and Syria and even Israel, Hypocrites. That is the difference between you and me, straight up.

You want to play the blame game by making Israel evil personified, while forgetting the wrongs of the others. You want to hold Israel to the highest standard, while other Countries in the ME or the World have even worse human rights issues.

Here's an unbiased report. No Israel or Palestinian link. No Russian or US link. Seriously, If you really cared about humanity, you could start with something like this. There are worse Countries than the "Zionist" one that has been painted as the worst one out there by you and those who claim to "care".

In this year’s Worst of the Worst report, nine countries were identified by Freedom House as being the world’s worst human rights abusers in calendar year 2011: Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, North Korea, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan. Two disputed territories, Tibet and Western Sahara, were also in this category. All of these countries and territories received Freedom in the World’s lowest ratings: 7 for political rights and 7 for civil liberties (based on a 1 to 7 scale, with 1 representing the most free and 7 the least free). Within these entities, political opposition is banned, criticism of the government is met with retribution, and independent organizations are suppressed.

The World's Most Repressive Societies

edit on 19-9-2013 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join