It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Are These People And What Are They Doing?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Look at the opium production in Afghanistan prior to 2001 and look at it now... You should see something reminiscent of Mt. Everest if You start to the left and work Your way right... So the warmongers in D.C. (see McCain- The last guy You'd think would be "Pro War" but He banged the drum for the first Ms. Rice (Connie- WMD) and then called the second Ms. Rice (Susan-Benghazi) a LIAR. You may be able to find His 'private assets' (look under Defense Contracts)

In Vietnam the guys watching the fields were CIA (this after they snuffed the regular Army sucker(s) If You could ID the "soldier" if He doesn't work for The Company™ or some other branch, He'll also get snuffed...

* This is just my "opinion" and although You can find copious amounts of info confirming this, |'m basing My opinion on prior Law Enforcement experience both at the State (Ca.) and Federal (alpha bet agency) | was in Panama in 1987-1990.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
you know what i think is funny, we chop down cocoa trees and marijuana in south and central america, and protect poppies in the middle east.

doesn't make whole lot of sense does it.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I read somewhere that the only fields they guard there are the ones that sell their goods to American Pharma companies. They buy a lot to make medicines I guess. So is the taxpayer supporting big business interests? Don't Pharma companies make enough money to pay their own help?

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

See this Michael Ruppert presentation at Portland a few years back.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

There are tons of other possibilities as you mentioned but I still find it hard to believe that these black op smuggling rings do not exist no matter how many alternatives we think of.

I think you are right. Look at the top two comments on YouTube for your video. That says a lot about the before and after. Before US invaded, Taliban was paying growers to grow but storing up the Opium harvest in warehouses.

Like subsidies in the US, it keeps the people from starving initially until they switch crops to something else. There was this big thing the Taliban did when they took over. They destroyed TVs, video recorders, smut films and alcohol, remember? Opium was one of the things they used a different policy on. And that is one of the principal reasons US invaded.

Also of note in the video the US Army says they wait for the harvest and transport to take the stuff. Saves time and labor, eliminates the smuggling competition.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I am always suspicious of cropped clips with no sound

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Wish them soliders were guarding pot fields.

One day maybe... one day the federal govt will invade California, Colorado, & Washington...& then the pot farmers will be protected by US soldiers.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

having said that ^ :

all other legal opium poppy cultivation world wide [ that I can find reference to ]- harvests the whole seed head - and extracts opiates by chemical process for pharmecutical use

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Interesting.

Perhaps their protecting their assets so to speak. Maybe their growing the opium to sell, most likely to the locals. Since we have troops over there, may as well take advantage of a money making opportunity. Drugs can produce quite a bit of profits.

I mean, it wouldn't be the first time the government has done something like this. The CIA was doing this with coc aine. And its speculated that our government also introduced crack coc aine to poor black neighborhoods.

But I have no idea what they want to do with them, obviously they want it since they have troops protecting it. And typically you only protect things valuable to you.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Whether it's raw opium, olives, marijuana or tomatoes, it wouldn't be so expensive or need to be guarded or fought over, nor people put in jail for growing, selling or 'using' it, if it weren't illegal.

It's the declaration of illegality that causes all the trouble. That, and idiot governments who think they alone are entitled to decide what kind of chemical others get to put in their body.

Just think if the Mormons took over, and said nobody could have coffee or tea... because y'know, it changes your mentation and we can't have that!

When in human history did certain plants start getting labeled as bad? Or worse yet, labeled as bad when they might actually be good?

If I ever get a time machine, I'm going back and getting my hands on some Egyptian Lotus Blossoms. There's a reason they revered that thing... and perhaps the same reason they were so spiritually advanced.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

nake13
reply to post by signalfire

I agree that certain analgesics that mimic morphine and other opiates can be produced synthetically, (opioids) ,however,morphine and morphine derivatives still require the opium poppy as a base.

I dunno what the pharmaceutical price of raw or refined opium/morphine is, but I've seen dental supply catalogs selling EXTREMELY refined coc aine for about the same kind of price per pound as olive oil...

Of course, with the U.S. Military budget subsidizing the cost of soldiers at 1 million dollars a year per person, the actual cost to the tax paying dentist may indeed be more... and of course, don't forget the cost of all the oil-protecting soldiers for our cars and the cost of supplying security to those nice Saudi sheiks and princes, so they don't have to sacrifice their own kids at all. Heck, with all this money floating around, you'd think the VA would have plenty to take care of the wounded, wouldn't you?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I am troubled by the myriad of posters claiming that troops are " guarding poppies "

why have you all dismissed the notion they may be guarding people ?

there is no reall evidence in that clip

so why have you formed such strident conclusions ?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   

The answer is fairly simple to the question: "What is going on here?". The Taliban did not want their farmers growing opium for the west. Before the war, opium production dropped by 70%. Opium is a chief ingredient in many if not most consumed pharmaceuticals. Afghanistan was the biggest supplier of the medical opium. After the Taliban took control, Western pharmaceutical firms started having to pay ALOT more for their most important ingredient. Or maybe it is a simple coincidence that the U.S. president who launched that war is heavily invested in pharmaceuticals.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Afghanistan War is for the Opiun Control.

Iraq War is for Oil Control.

This is the world we live in.

How many deads, how many tragedys.....

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   

The opium poppies are not exclusively used for the production of heroin, they are also used to manufacture morphine and various other opiate analgesics.US and UK/NATO troops have been used to oversee the poppy harvests, and to ensure that the product is transported safely to enable it to be passed on to legitimate licensed morphine and opiate analgesic manufacturers.

reply to post by nake13

THANK YOU FOR GIVING THIS CORRECT INFORMATION

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I see them taking a part time job, slitting opium blossoms , that needs to be done to get anything out of them. The collection process is right behind them in a few weeks..

They are really there to inspect and destroy, but they are THERE, so why not make some extra money, and certainly with no risk of being caught doing it. Hypocritical involvement, just the way we know how to do it.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
A really interesting read on this topic is "Opium Nation" by Fariba Nawa. She is a native of Afghanistan who spent the first half of her childhood there, and the second half in the states, so she provides a pretty balanced perspective of some of the shadier inner workings of the opium trade.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I never got that kind of protection when I harvested my Poppies

altho it wasn't as much as they have...... but still

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Perhaps the wiki article is out of date but:

Australia, Turkey and India are the major producers of poppy for medicinal purposes and poppy-based drugs, such as morphine or codeine.[21] The USA has a policy of sourcing 80% of its narcotic raw materials from the traditional producers, India and Turkey.

Hmm, who to believe?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   

hounddoghowlie
you know what i think is funny, we chop down cocoa trees and marijuana in south and central america, and protect poppies in the middle east.

doesn't make whole lot of sense does it.

MJ - not addictive

C - only addictive to idiots

Opium derivatives - highly addictive

I'm going with the dumbed down, addicted and therefore more controllable smack-head population theory.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join