It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

According to scientists, this is the most relaxing tune ever recorded

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Strangely the scientifically proven relaxing sounds did make me a little aggravated, so thank you much for the Mr. Martin.

The most relaxing sounds I have ever experienced came from the Brian Eno Ambient 1: Music for Airports.

It is especially fun to actually take it to the airport.

Penny

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Not for me. Listened for about 2 minutes. Made me feel anxious, not relaxed.
Would prefer Pachebel Cannon (sp?) or native American flute music any day for relaxing.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by pennylemon

pennylemon - awesome piece of music, thank you for sharing!

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Nope, that doesn't strike me as relaxing, either. Essentially monotone, yeah, but not relaxing. I listened to about 4 minutes or so, waiting for the melody to pick up, but it just kept droning on. For me, relaxing music has to have a melody to it, not just...whatever that was. To be fair, I do enjoy binaural tones because they can induce sleep for me, but that's relaxing in a whole different way than music can be relaxing.

This is the kind of music I consider relaxing. Hang drums are AWESOME melodic instruments, I find that depending on how they're played, they can sound like harps, steel drums, pianos, etc, and sometimes all of that simultaneously.

A lot of Enigma's music is very, very relaxing to me. I find this one to be quite relaxing for me, although others I've shared it with thought it was a song of sadness.

And this one's mellow & relaxing, too.

And of course, Enya. You can't have a suggestion list of relaxing music without the Queen of Relaxing Music's work.

And for the jazz fans, I'm sure they'd agree Dave Brubeck's Take Five is a great chill-out song to relax to.

Obligatory Trekkie geek mellow music pitch.

And finally, because I'm really, really weird and love the sounds from space, I find Jupiter to be exquisitely relaxing to listen to. This might actually be creepy to normal people.

*coughs* I'm done spamming the thread now, sorry for that. :slowly walks away:
edit on 9/18/2013 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
This claim is kind of silly. There can be no "most relaxing tune ever" to everyone because everyone responds to different music differently. For example, the most relaxing song I've ever heard is "Darkest Before Dawn" by Steve Roach. If I can't get to sleep, I just turn that song on, pop in my headphones and I'm guaranteed to be asleep within 20 minutes. However, this same song scares the hell out of other people. They say it sounds like something out of a horror movie.

So there's no way one single song will have the same effect on everyone.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Nice tunes Nyiah! And to the other's who have shared their songs also!

I for one have to have my songs fast to relax! If I knew how to add music; someone feel free to
help me on this. Still in the pen and paper mode!

Will send you 1,000 Thank You's and Love for this!

1: Sector 5- Nostradamus
2: E-Pact- The 7th Angel
3: Nuts & Bolts- New World

4: Kurvenschneider- Der Geigerzahler if you could find this!

Weird Huh? Fast and loud just to Relax!

Peace!

Again Thank You!

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Not sure if its just me, but the sound did make me sleepy... Being at work, that wasn't an option.

Since I couldn't sleep, I got highly irritated...

Once I got home the irritation peaked. Unlike myself to be that way, reminded me of being a teenager.

Ended up waking the wife - she'll probably kick my butt in the morning.

Thank you for the experience - really starting to think the 'scientists' who approved this were total JackOffs.

Sincerely,

ChuckNasty.

Edit.
According to CN, this is one of the most relaxing sounds known:

edit on 19-9-2013 by ChuckNasty because: as above

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
45 seconds was enough for me, then I was bored stiff....

Just put a Richard Hawley track on, now that's relaxing to a beautiful voice......

edit on 19-9-2013 by davethebear because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Thanks OP it did work for me as i just ate a burnt up pizza i put in 25 minutes ago. Dont believe the hype thats should be ats new motto as there are so many thread killers. If you dont like it start your own leave the OP alone lol. Dont dont dont believe tAhe Hype whos the Hype u tell me.

Whos in charge here OP, Not anymore your not. Lol southpark lol.
edit on 19-9-2013 by ed1320 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

i forgot all about enigma thanks for the trip down memory lane,as soon as i read enigma in your post this is the tune that first came to mind love it
thank you

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
This thread is awesome, a lot of good music here. Being the gen X-er that I am, I have to agree that just about every song on Pink Floyd's "Division Bell" album and Enigma's "Cross of Changes" album have the best relaxation music (not to mention music, period) out there! I'm glad I'm not alone in this thinking.

Edit: BladeRunner soundtrack is pretty Epic as well..
edit on 19-9-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
no way that's annoying...

Here's one...

.....that's not the image it starts out with!!! lol
edit on 19-9-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Thank you Purplemer, love your post and I could spend all day on this exploring all your brilliant replies.

Any one recommend any music for when you are with that 'Special' person...?? cough cough!!!

hx

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
2 minutes and 53 seconds and I had to rip my ears off. Thanks very much. Now I cant wear a hat.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   

I am all for science, but music is very subjective and as such I think something like this is not possible to quantify this simply.

(I found it boring personally and I like ambient music)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Yeah that's a nice story brah. You know what would relax me? Knowing what the hell is going on in this god forsaken existance. Let me be as a pig wallowing in the mud of my waste sleeping under the stars with my back to a wall so I may wake to the sounds of my attacker.
-said the Wild Boar with the long tooth.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Tidnabnilims

You are right, music is a personal thing and science falls very short when measuring personal experience. I dont expect everyone to like it.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
This is what i call sounds of the universe, from planets to cosmos.

Michael Mused: Mystical Soundscapes - Cosmos

edit on 19/9/13 by ForceFX because: Video link fix

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ForceFX

i fixed the link for you

( i made a tool to help with post youtube vids) You tube grabber

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

PhoenixOD
reply to post by ForceFX

i fixed the link for you

( i made a tool to help with post youtube vids) You tube grabber

thanks, i just tried to fix and search how to but thanks.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join