It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

According to scientists, this is the most relaxing tune ever recorded

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

rickymouse
It didn't sound good for me, but then again I am not a scientist. That must be the reason why it didn't relax me.
It wasn't relaxing for me.

The low frequency sound that repeated once a second or so was the opposite of relaxing. I couldn't tell if it was a drumbeat or what, it sounded more like a synthesized "thump, thump, thump", which almost reminded me of the sounds of footsteps of the dinosaurs in the Jurassic Park movies...what's relaxing about that???

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
mixed this with a relaxing herb........

i'd like to come down now...

it's not fun up here..

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Ok folks i guess we can close most of the music shops and throw away most of our music because now we have the perfekt music and all the rest is now obsolete.

It'll be so well understood even a computer can make music.

Prepare to be hooked up to the music for your 5-minute mood injection. Do it everyday according to your prescription. Select the song noted on the doctor's form.

Idk, this seems sooo asinine to me. Music is art, not science. Science butts in and starts cleaning out the shop and throwing away all the soul that made music so enduring. I swear everyday we're becoming more like machines thanks to science and greed.

I'm just an old timer. Don't listen to me. I'm stuck in the past and can't change.
edit on 18-9-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
For myself, I have always like Pacabell's cannon in D minor to be very relaxing and having a very good series of harmonics.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Poop. I just hit reply and it went off lol.

I like it, very relaxing indeed. I'm going to listen to the ten hour version tonight.

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

AboveBoard
I made it through a minute and wanted to start screaming and pounding my head against the wall, sooooo, nope, not for me! I'm usually quite diverse in my musical tastes, too.

If I listened to it for 8 minutes???? I don't think anyone wants to see that story as it would end "and there was blood everywhere."

Wow. Ok. I guess I really need to R-E-L-A-X - but that doesn't do it for me...

Sorry science.

peace,
AB

I kinda liked it but I might or might not have been small

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I could name a few bands that would do this for me; Kodo, Cake, Crystal Method, 50 cent, Run DMC, Sade, 2PAC, somehow Country just will not work!

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Relaxing music for me involves bagpipes, kazoos, accordions, and didgeridoos.

It relaxes me when the music I listen to makes other people angry.

edit on 18-9-2013 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

If you like this try Ulrich Schnauss. Very relaxing and somewhat more upbeat. not boring at all

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
It sounded like a sound salad with no real flow or purpose. I didn't find it at all relaxing. Sorry just not my thing I guess.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

That was strangely relaxing. It sounded cool. One of the important aspects of the relaxing nature of this song, per the article, is that

there are no repetitive melodies in the song which allows one's brain to completely switch off since one is no longer trying to predict what is next.
And that makes sense. Anytime I listen to a song that I know, or a song with repetition, while trying to sleep, my brain automatically locks-in to the rhythm and prevents sleep. Maybe that's just me.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Arbitrageur

rickymouse
It didn't sound good for me, but then again I am not a scientist. That must be the reason why it didn't relax me.
It wasn't relaxing for me.

The low frequency sound that repeated once a second or so was the opposite of relaxing. I couldn't tell if it was a drumbeat or what, it sounded more like a synthesized "thump, thump, thump", which almost reminded me of the sounds of footsteps of the dinosaurs in the Jurassic Park movies...what's relaxing about that???

The beat was less than one a second, I timed it. It was more like about 55 beats per minute. A constant beat can cause our heart to beat faster or slower. A watch ticking can even pace our heart rate. I think the scientists may think that reducing the heartrate a bit will make everyone sleepy. My rate is at 110 to 120, it actually aggravated me.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
i am enjoying the music on this thread.

this is one of my favorites.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

abeverage

AboveBoard
I made it through a minute and wanted to start screaming and pounding my head against the wall, sooooo, nope, not for me! I'm usually quite diverse in my musical tastes, too.

If I listened to it for 8 minutes???? I don't think anyone wants to see that story as it would end "and there was blood everywhere."

Sorry science.

peace,
AB

You must explain this smallness to me - I must have more of a reference as I've just been pounding my head against a wall and am still not thinking straight.

I'll take Adagio for Strings or Enya or some Native American Flute or heck, I could list a thousand other pieces of music - then I'll relax - just, please, not this...I think my trained Music Brain was trying to capture a melody from a Random NON-melodic song and it has temporarily broken something...

peace,
AB

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Enjoyed purplemer and thanks

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I'm sorry. That "music" is not at all relaxing.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

It made my heart rate go up too and made me anxious.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
close your eyes open the other(s) and don't challenge if it is relaxing or not and listen

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

AboveBoard

abeverage

AboveBoard

Sorry science.

peace,
AB

You must explain this smallness to me - I must have more of a reference as I've just been pounding my head against a wall and am still not thinking straight.

I'll take Adagio for Strings or Enya or some Native American Flute or heck, I could list a thousand other pieces of music - then I'll relax - just, please, not this...I think my trained Music Brain was trying to capture a melody from a Random NON-melodic song and it has temporarily broken something...

peace,
AB

The Banjo is the most relaxing instrument when you are really small

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
and another

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join