It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Side Effects", the movie, makes reference to suspicious trading activity prior to 9/11 attacks.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Sat down to watch a movie and thought this one looked interesting.

The movie itself probably deserves its own thread. Incredibly relevant topic in terms of current events.

Anyway, about half way through the movie at approximately one hour and seven minutes, Jude Law mentions the suspicious trading activity prior to the 9/11 attacks...

The lines are attributable to the writer correct? The movie was written by Scott Z. Burns.

So I did a search on Mr. Burns. Didnt find too much in reference to 9/11 though he also wrote the movie Contagion about which he made the following statement, "When anthrax happened after 9/11, I can’t remember, I think two people died, and it shut down the airline industry and our government. So the correlation between how many dead and how devastating the social impact is, that was our escalation.”

I also found this review in which the author says in reference to the Jude Law character, "... is suddenly unkempt and irresponsible and echoing 9/11 truther talking points."

If Scott Burns is a 9/11 realist, hes going about it in a very discreet manner.

For those who may not be familiar with the trading irregularities just prior to the 9/11 attacks, I'll provide some background information. Needless to say, the identities of the traders were never reveled.

Profiting From Disaster?

An extraordinary number of trades were betting that American Airlines stock price would fall. The trades are called "puts" and they involved at least 450,000 shares of American. But what raised the red flag is more than 80 percent of the orders were "puts", far outnumbering "call" options, those betting the stock would rise. Sources say they have never seen that kind of imbalance before, reports CBS News Correspondent Sharyl Attkisson.

Before attack: Many put options of hijacked planes' parent companies purchased.

In the days before the attacks, unusually high numbers of put options were purchased for the stocks of AMR Corp. and UAL Corp., the parent companies of American Airlines and United Airlines, which each had two planes hijacked. There was no such trend involving other carriers.

Suspicious profits sit uncollected Airline investors seem to be lying low

Investors have yet to collect more than $2.5 million in profits they made trading options in the stock of United Airlines before the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, according to a source familiar with the trades and market data.

The uncollected money raises suspicions that the investors -- whose identities and nationalities have not been made public -- had advance knowledge of the strikes.

Profits of doom.

ONE option trader recalls: "The market had been dead. Then all of a sudden there was a huge spike in trading in certain options - it just came out of nowhere. You have to think that there was something suspicious going on."

So far the focus of the international probe into suspicious trading has centred on an extraordinary surge in trading in certain airlines and insurance companies in the days immediately ahead of the attacks on September 11.

edit on 18-9-2013 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
We will probably never know the identities.

What I'm extremely bothered by is the fact that the US gov doesn't seem to be interested in uncovering who profited on this. At least bring those people in to questioning...find out what they know. But...apparently...that and the fact who paid for the attacks...is of "little to no importance" ???

I don't get that logic...how is that not important ? When you hire a killer to kill somebody...the one that hired is the real killer...the paid killer is just a tool...a gun. He is of no importance. Same way as who are the hijackers is not that important, as who orchestrated the whole deal.

Yet...the man they claim orchestrated the attacks...was never officially charged with it...or even accused.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

MarioOnTheFly
We will probably never know the identities.

What I'm extremely bothered by is the fact that the US gov doesn't seem to be interested in uncovering who profited on this. At least bring those people in to questioning...find out what they know. But...apparently...that and the fact who paid for the attacks...is of "little to no importance" ???

I don't get that logic...how is that not important ? When you hire a killer to kill somebody...the one that hired is the real killer...the paid killer is just a tool...a gun. He is of no importance. Same way as who are the hijackers is not that important, as who orchestrated the whole deal.

Yet...the man they claim orchestrated the attacks...was never officially charged with it...or even accused.

Of course the US Government isn't concerned in finding out! It's those Parties that took over our Government that are involved.

lol amazing.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

The .gov knows exactly who had prior knowledge and they don't want to embarrass those entities.
Tops on that list are the Saudi secret service/royal family. Prolly the Israelis and maybe, just maybe the Cheney/Rumsfeld tag team. It wouldn't be the first commission of treason for those two.

Rumsfeld announced that the Pentagon was missing $2T USD days before the event.

disclaimer:I don't claim to know what happened. I know that the pieces don't add up and I know the .gov is obscuring the facts.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
You guy are really fishing this time. Outside the operatives themselves less that 20 people in the entire world knew the attacks were coming.

extraordinary surge in trading in certain airlines and insurance companies in the days immediately ahead of the attacks on September 11.

Just saying something does not make it true. That is all this-wishful thinking-by persons desperate for anything to suspect to bring attention to themselves.

Since you know nothing about the stock market and instant trading I will teach you. The American stock exchange was destroyed on ground zero. The NASDAQ exchange never opened as the ASE and all transactions were stopped at 10:01 that morning.

A put option, or a side way short sell or a short position gives the investor an option to sell if the investment capitol falls below a certain price. The risk is the cost of the option itself which is not refundable and all short sales are limited to the length of the investment-or the total value of the transaction. Millions of these options are forecast everyday around the world and saying that a few made money by knowing they would dramatically go down, and make money on a short position, is stupid as the trading indexes didn't open back up until September 17th. Add the fact that over 20 different brokerage firms, on the upper floors of both towers, and all their employees, went down with the towers.

This stuff is really sick to treat life and death so foolishly. This is the main evidence of histrionic social disorder as like a sociopath the feelings of other people are meaningless in the neurotic and unfortunately psychotic need for attention.

The holograms of the airplanes is more believable than this dribble.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
This is a perfect example of why (in the US) you have the right to face your accuser in court.

Conspiracies live on the lynch mob mentality.

The thing about options is that there are two or more parties invovled in them.
The initial seller.
The initial buyer.
There may be additional buyers and sellers on the same option.
And finally the option may actually be exercized.

Since the claim was ' a hugh volume of put options' that indicates dozens to hundreds (maybe in the 1000's) of parties involved on all sides of the transactions.

Funny how none of these other parties have come out crying about their losses.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by spooky24

So your complaint is with law enforcement and the mainstream media?

Because they were the ones making the case that people tried to profit through foreknowledge of the attacks.

And then the story conveniently went away.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by samkent

No.

One person could buy a thousand or ten thousand options contracts.

Depending on the options level, the firm would need to approve the level of options trading.

Cant recall, naked puts are level 2 or 3? A relatively basic strategy.

edit on 18-9-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

Pretty good guesses.

One of the primary suspects is Alvin Bernard "Buzzy" Krongard who at the time of the attacks was Executive Director of the CIA.

95% of the put options placed on United Airlines were executed through the investment banking firm, Alex. Brown & Sons.

Guess who was the CEO of Alex. Brown & Sons prior to joining the CIA?

edit on 18-9-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
This just shows that somebody had foreknowledge and cashed out on it. Well 911 was a planned event, no matter whom you believe planned it, so there were people with foreknowledge of the event, neither the truthters nor the believers argue that point. So unless it can be traced whom placed those trades that particular information helps neither side of the debate.

top topics

join