It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrifying: 120 Elk found Dead Nearby Crop Circle Or UFO Landing Site!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

kimish
reply to post by miniatus

But, but, The elk in the link you provided didn't all die together, over night.

The reason these elk died all together is explained in the news .. it's to due to the heat, they were a herd all together not far from a water source and the disease is fatal as early in as early as 8 hours after bitten by an infected insect.. it's also very contagious..

But I get you .. clearly it must be aliens because that makes lots more sense

edit on 9/18/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Nice try. But you just provided a link explaining how 250 Elk died over the course of a few months. 75% of which were young calves who had not developed the digestive abilities to handle so much wheat.

Debunk fail.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

JayinAR

Nice try. But you just provided a link explaining how 250 Elk died over the course of a few months. 75% of which were young calves who had not developed the digestive abilities to handle so much wheat.

Debunk fail.

No just examples of mass deaths caused by the disease and other natural things.. I wasn't suggesting they died all at once, thanks though.

Either way, I think it's far more logical to believe this disease that kills within 8 hours, which is also extremely common this time of year is responsible for the deaths.. far more logical than Aliens.

PS. The article does not say they DIED over the course of a few months, they gorged ( ate ALOT ) over a course of a few months CAUSING their deaths. It does not indicate a time frame that the 250 actually died.. so Fail, back atcha.

The elk, 200 of which were calves, died because they had gorged themselves on winter wheat for months, Kirsch said.

Perhaps the aliens were force feeding them?
edit on 9/18/2013 by miniatus because: Clarifying my point, and correcting the respondee on his claim they died over the course of months

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

The article says they died "this winter" which in Montana is a good solid four months or more.
Congrats, you just tried to explain away a mass death overnight occurring in late summer in Nevada, with a case of mass deaths occurring over the course of four months or more during the winter in a state that borders with Canada.

Apples and oranges, amigo. Try harder. And thanks for continually putting words in my mouth. Care to point out where I stated this is aliens?

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

The article says they died "this winter" which in Montana is a good solid four months or more.
Congrats, you just tried to explain away a mass death overnight occurring in late summer in Nevada, with a case of mass deaths occurring over the course of four months or more during the winter in a state that borders with Canada.

Apples and oranges, amigo. Try harder. And thanks for continually putting words in my mouth. Care to point out where I stated this is aliens?

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

miniatus

kimish

But, but, The elk in the link you provided didn't all die together, over night.

The reason these elk died all together is explained in the news .. it's to due to the heat, they were a herd all together not far from a water source and the disease is fatal as early in as early as 8 hours after bitten by an infected insect.. it's also very contagious..

But I get you .. clearly it must be aliens because that makes lots more sense

edit on 9/18/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

Why the need for this pathetic fallacy that is peddled time and time again on here that. If things are not quite what it seems, everyone is saying it's aliens? The facts are the report says it's one cause and the evidence from a government department says that Elk are NOT affected by the disease they are claiming killed them. People like you really beginning to look really rather sad with your headlong rush to try and deflect threads away from what is actually being discussed. in this case, why 120 Elk dropped dead over night and in doing so, went against their natural instinct to "seek solitude" to die in. That does indeed suggest that, the deaths were sudden and catastrophic in nature and therefore of genuine interest.

The reason this thread was posted, the "crop circle", has been shown to be perfectly natural and man made and no-one on this thread is claiming any other than that. in fact, pretty much the only person talking about aliens is you and you have failed miserably in your standard google search to find a genuinely comparable incident to compare this to.

it would seem, to those with an open mind that currently. We have 120 dead Elk and a rush by the authorities to claim it was caused by something they themselves elsewhere, say doesn't happen.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Hey look.. more aliens off more elk.

Mysterious Elk Deaths Plague New Mexico (100 more elk)

I think miniatus' evidence was fairly conclusive.

Natural causes; my opinion. Happens all the time.

Officials with the New Mexico Department of Game and Fish are puzzling over the mysterious deaths of more than 100 elk, apparently all within a 24-hour period, in rural New Mexico.

-AA
edit on 18-9-2013 by AsarAlubat because: grammar

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

jeep3r
reply to post by Arken

Interesting thread, S&F ... independent of whether or not there's a link to anything 'otherworldly'. However, there seems to have been a similar case in Wyoming back in 2004:

Elk deaths baffle New Mexico game officials

In 2004, something was slowly killing hundreds of elk in Wyoming. Wildlife biologists and veterinarians ruled out viruses, bacteria, heavy metal poisoning, brucellosis and wasting disease before finally determining that the culprit was a native lichen the elk had ingested because there was nothing else to eat.

(emphasis added)

Could it possibly be a natural cause? Apparently no mutilations, lights in the sky or other encounters have been reported ... but let's keep an eye on this, just in case it turns out to be something else than what happened in Wyoming some years back!

edit on 18-9-2013 by jeep3r because: text

I wouldn't think so. Food should be relatively abundant this time of year. I doubt the elk would eat lichen if it's not on their normal menu.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Here's an interview courtesy of earthfiles with Kerry Mower of the New Mexico Department of Fish and Game who is investigating this case .
www.earthfiles.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

miniatus

it's also very contagious..

Actually, I just watched the video again and it states that the disease is caught from insects, but is NOT contagious between animals.

Seems far fetched to think all of those animals were bitten and infected in such a short time frame.

Okay, if you don't like the UFO theory, how about angry anti-hunting environmentalists sabotaging the hunting season?

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Just out of interest, would one of those who are always telling people how "Insects and predators" can cause the injuries seen in so called mutilations, in just a couple of hours, care to explain why, given a veritable smorgasbord of 120 dead elk to feast on. Said predators and insects seem to have seemingly failed to replicate on a single one of these Elk, that they apparently do to every dead cow/horse etc?
edit on 18-9-2013 by FireMoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

miniatus

Either way, I think it's far more logical to believe this disease that kills within 8 hours, which is also extremely common this time of year is responsible for the deaths.. far more logical than Aliens.

It may be more logical than Aliens, but it's not logical to assume EHD is the cause.

First, the 8 hours figure is not proof of anything. 8 hours is the LEAST POSSIBLE TIME before the animal goes into shock. You are citing an extreme and proposing it as common. It is not common for it to kill within 8 hours, in fact that's incredibly uncommon, it's the low end of the scale. Not the average or median time it takes to kill.

Second, these are Elk not Deer. The facts show that, if it happens at all, Elk being infected with EHD is very very uncommon:

fw.ky.gov...

Although elk have been known to be exposed to these viruses, there is no evidence that elk are ever affected by the disease.

wdfw.wa.gov...

Other wildlife, like mule deer, elk, and bighorn sheep could be exposed to the disease but are usually not stricken like white-tailed deer. No evidence of an outbreak in these species has been found at this time nor in past outbreaks in recent years.

fishandgame.idaho.gov...

Members of the Cervidae family (deer, elk, moose, reindeer) are the most susceptible. Mule deer and white-tailed deer are the primary known hosts of this virus. Elk have been documented with EHD occasionally.

In fact the only reference to Elk being killed by EHD is from a very recent article that specifically talks about the Elk death's this thread is talking about, which is suspicious considering there has not been finding released to confirm this.

You also say HD is contagious, it's not. It cannot be spread animal to animal, only fly to animal.

So no, it's not logical to assume that a disease which almost never kills that fast and almost never kills Elk (if ever) would be responsible for the death of 120+ Elk all at once (or at least in a quick timeframe) That would actually be very illogical to assume.

I can understand your frustration with the alien angle, there is no reason to involve that here without more evidence, but you are reaching WAY too far to disprove something which doesn't even need disproving. If you want to suggest EHD is the cause of this, it's up to YOU to provide evidence. You have yet to provide anything other than untruths and twisted facts.
edit on 18-9-2013 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Sometimes something will happen that is unprecedented in nature, every now and then birds die and drop out the sky where its never been seen before or lots of dead fish will wash up where its never happened before or there will be a storm stronger than ever recorded , there's no sane reason to cry aliens unless you have an agenda.

As for the crop circle connection presented by the video that's just laughable as always

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Birds fall out of the sky and die usually because of Nile disease. Alexander the Great's chroniclers are meant to be one of the oldest written accounts of this and it now known that, Nile disease decimated the local area he was at the time invading.
edit on 18-9-2013 by FireMoon because: spelling

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I think it was a mistake putting this into the Aliens and UFO section. It takes away from what is actually a pretty interesting event. If there was actually some suggestion of aliens in the case it would make sense, but as of now all it does it distract from the event as everyone's posts will just attack the alien idea instead of actually looking at the case of 120 dead Elk.

No offense at all meant to the OP, it just seems this topic would get better discussion if it weren't for the alien angle being pushed.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

usually

But sometimes something will happen in nature that is unprecedented. When something hasn't been seen before in certain numbers the go to explanation shouldn't be aliens.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by James1982

I don't disagree with what you say apart from. Animal mutilations are often very much part of the pantheon of Ufology. In this case we have what might deem as a control now for mutilations. 120 dead Elk several hours after death and not one jaw strip, not one anal coring, not one neat incision that looks like a tool however was supposedly caused by insects or predators. From that point of view I'd suggest that, this does have place, by default in the aliens forum.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I am thinking that with all of the strange weather, what if they were all victims of a some kind of lightning or electrical discharge of some sort from the sky. That is one thing that would be sudden and could affect a whole group of animals at once. I was thinking at first that maybe some quick flash-flood type storm filled their watering hole with toxic runoff in concentrations high enough to kill them off but that is a lot to account for at one time. Perhaps a toxicology report will be made available in the near future to rule that out.

So, crop circle and Aliens aside, as I see no evidence of either, these are my 2 best guesses.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Those pesky aliens better not show up here in Arizona! I have an Elk tag for this December.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Terrifying? Ok, if you say so...

Everyone is assuming that the entire herd died. Was the herd size mentioned? Let's say, hypothetically, there were 500 elk that laid down for the night and in the morning only 400 got up and walked away. Would that still be terrifying?

There are several and I want to stress more plausible natural reasons for this than aliens. While I'm leaning towards a disease being the culprit there could also be a contaminant involved. Humans dump lots of things they shouldn't into the environment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join